Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Believers Will Escape God’s Wrath — Biblical Foreshadows of the Rapture

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

It seems that your examples prove the opposite of what you claim. In most of your examples people are saved while they are surrounded by judgement. They are not saved by being taken out of the way. For example:

1) “Noah Escapes God’s Wrath†Noah was not taken away. He was saved in the middle of God pouring out judgement.

3) “The Passover†The Jews were saved right where they lived. They were not taken out of their homes in order to avoid the angel of death. The angel of death passed over them.

4) “Moses Speaking to God on Mt. Sinai†This is not judgement at all so I do not know why you include it. By the way, although there are some similarities to the Rapture, there is a big difference – God came to earth.

5) “The Consecration of The Temple Priesthood†“This is also not a judgementâ€

6) “Rahab†She was not saved by being taken out of Jerico. She continued to live in Jerico and was saved while judgement was executed all around her.

“7) God’s Own Prophecy†The Bible, which you quote, says, “Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.†This is not being saved by being taken away. It is being saved right where you live.

Your examples clearly show people being rescue right where they are. They are not rescued by being taken away. This is what posttribulationism teaches – God will protect believers during the Tribulation while God is pouring out his wrath. He will not protect people from the wrath of the anti-christ but he will protect believers from the wrath of God. Your examples fit much better with posttribulationism that pretribulationism. The only example you gave which does have deliverance by being taken out ofthe way is “Lot escapes Sodom.â€

This article looks at 7 Biblical foreshadows of the Rapture in Bible prophecy that show that God always removes His people from harm when He is preparing to supernaturally punish the unbelieving heathen world.

http://beginningandend.com/believers-escape-gods-wrath-biblical-foreshadows-rapture/

The "taken ones" in Jesus's example of Noah aren't the ones "taken" out of harm's way. Read the passage more closely.

"And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Luke 17:26-27 (NASB)

"I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. "There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left. ["Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left."] And answering they *said to Him, "Where, Lord?" And He said to them, "Where the body [corpse] is, there also the vultures will be gathered." Luke 17:34-37 (NASB)

The "taken" are corpses. They are not the so-called raptured.

Actually it is doers who will escape God's wrath.

Heb. 12
[4] Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
[5] And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

[6] For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and [[scourgeth every son whom he receiveth]].

[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
[8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, [[then are ye bastards, and not sons]].

RAPTURE?? Pure FALSE STUFF!:sad
And NO,DEATH will be the only way of escape. And surely it will be so for some that God does indeed truely love! But not all!

--Elijah

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

It seems that your examples prove the opposite of what you claim. In most of your examples people are saved while they are surrounded by judgement. They are not saved by being taken out of the way.
Well I don't believe in a seven year "tribulation period", but I do agree with your statement above (and Hitch's statement).

In scripture, there are more cases of the Lord offering protection than there are of any removal. The proper interpretation of the word keep, as in the verse quoted by Hitch and in Revelation 3:10, is "to protect".

Back