Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Best romantic book - & why??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Come on girls .. 8-)

don't be shy now .. :oops:

Yahoo love story .. :wink:

persuade us macho hunks dat we got a sweet, soft center .. :robot:

or .. :-?

pretend you enjoy how Mills & Boon has changed down da decades ?? :roll:

Of course I'm not rockin' with laffter right now... :biggrin

I'll hit post B4 I get Q=U=I=T=E .... :tongue

TO DAT STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

iAN :-D

hmmm...:chin...Song os Songs is the best :biggrin

Song of Songs 1; 2-3 “….for your love is more delightful than wine. Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out. No wonder the young women love you!
:heart

i quit reading romantic books/novel since college...but i'm always somekind of fan of Jane Austin's works " Sense and Sensibilty" is one of my fave. The " Emma" is not that romantic but i also like it.

hmmmm:chin " The Ring " by Danielle Steel

Come on girls .. 8-)

don't be shy now .. :oops:

Yahoo love story .. :wink:

persuade us macho hunks dat we got a sweet, soft center .. :robot:

or .. :-?

pretend you enjoy how Mills & Boon has changed down da decades ?? :roll:

Of course I'm not rockin' with laffter right now... :biggrin

I'll hit post B4 I get Q=U=I=T=E .... :tongue

TO DAT STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

iAN :-D

Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. Incredible story, memorable characters, and a real faith booster.

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte is the singe most beautiful book I have ever read. I bawled buckets. After I finished it, I clutched it to my chest and bawled. My husband thought there was something wrong and I had to explain, "It was such a beautiful story!" lol.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is very similar, and also wonderful. Simply wonderful.

I absolutely love, love, love Jane Austen too. The Bronte sisters are my absolute favorites, but Jane Austen is an incredibly close second. And how is Emma not romantic? lol. But yeah. British literature is my passion.

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte is the singe most beautiful book I have ever read. I bawled buckets. After I finished it, I clutched it to my chest and bawled. My husband thought there was something wrong and I had to explain, "It was such a beautiful story!" lol.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is very similar, and also wonderful. Simply wonderful.

I absolutely love, love, love Jane Austen too. The Bronte sisters are my absolute favorites, but Jane Austen is an incredibly close second. And how is Emma not romantic? lol. But yeah. British literature is my passion.

i've read Jane Eyre! :thumbsup i'm with you there with " Emma" heheh wow at last i met someone who loves Jane Austen's work :thumbsup thumbs up again :thumbsup

Best romance book has to be "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen ... at least in my humble opinion. "Emma" is a close second, though.

Also: "A Rose in Winter" by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss.

:clap:clap:clap

Best romance book has to be "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen ... at least in my humble opinion. "Emma" is a close second, though.

Also: "A Rose in Winter" by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss.

:clap:clap:clap

Pride and Prejudice , the characters Darcy and Elizabeth are remarkable and the bingley sisters too :thumbsup

Jane Austen definitely knew how to draw and define her characters in very human terms.

(I loved the BBC production of "Pride & Prejudice" with Colin Firth & Jennifer Erhle..... it stayed so true to the book ... excellent!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Austin's books as well.

I also love the books of Georgette Heyer.... she writes with a fun sense of humor and also with great historical accuracy and detail so that one truly "lives" the age.

In agreement with some of the former posts, any book by Jane Austen is a perfect romance book. I especially love Pride and Prejudice, and Persuasion is actually quite romantic.

Although I never read the books yet, I hear the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke is a great set of romance books.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back