Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Best TV mini-series - & why??

Band of Brothers is easily the best miniseries of all time. I also have to mention the cancelled series HBO had called Carnivale. If you ever get a chance to see either, I highly recommend them.

Band of brothers is amazing. That's my pick. It's simply awsome, great cinematography, great acting, great action, true story, and awsome soundtrack. Simply put, this mini series is phenomonal! I own it = )

10/10

With @ least 3 showery days forecast, I guess it's time to flag up all genres of..

Best of...& why??

Enjoy!

Ian

Sorry to pull up an old thread.
I too like Band of Brothers, but Lonesome Dove has to be the best of all time.
God Bless!
Allen

Must be "Roots". Its kinda dated now, but when it first aired in the 70's every household in America was tuned in. It was a big deal.

However, for me it would be "Jesus of Nazareth", the same one you buy on DVD now. It first aired on network TV. That was back before the mainstream media was anti-Christian.

St Francis said:
Must be "Roots". Its kinda dated now, but when it first aired in the 70's every household in America was tuned in. It was a big deal.

However, for me it would be "Jesus of Nazareth", the same one you buy on DVD now. It first aired on network TV. That was back before the mainstream media was anti-Christian.

Yes "Jesus of Nazareth" is a Great choice. TBN shows it commercial free from time to time.
They also show a 2 part (4 hour) movie called "Peter and Paul" that is really good.
They show several different versions of the story of King David too. In one of them,
Saul tells the Shepard boy David "Never let an Old Man pour Oil on Your Head, it's Bad Luck"

God Bless!
Allen

Lowering the tone (a lot :oops: ) I loved 'V'.
Sad when thinking of tv mini-series its about the only one that comes to mind, but it is so bad its great just re watched it - pure dead brilliant.
north and south was good as well.

"Holocaust" probably had the biggest impact~maybe not the "best"...haven't seen it since I was a teen...it came out 1978.

keekl said:
"Holocaust" probably had the biggest impact~maybe not the "best"...haven't seen it since I was a teen...it came out 1978.

Oooh. I remember that one. That was good.

But I'm still sticking with "Jesus of Nazareth".

St Francis said:
keekl said:

I really liked Jesus of Nazareth, but I had just one problem with Jesus seemed way to calm in it, he showed little emotion.

MISFIT said:
St Francis said:
keekl said:

I really liked Jesus of Nazareth, but I had just one problem with Jesus seemed way to calm in it, he showed little emotion.

Yes, but you must remember that it was on prime-time network television in the 70's. You couldn't put an angry Jesus in that time slot.

St Francis said:
Yes, but you must remember that it was on prime-time network television in the 70's. You couldn't put an angry Jesus in that time slot.

I'll take your word for I wasn't born until '81 :D. But that does make sense I still like it though.

Back