Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Beware of Foreign Trolls

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Uncle J

China’s ‘MAGAflage’ election interference is about more than 2024

The recent unmasking of a Chinese disinformation campaign designed to influence the 2024 U.S. presidential election has brought renewed attention to foreign meddling in our democratic process — specifically Russian and Chinese efforts — as well as our failure to safeguard against such interference...

...As reported in the New York Times, a Chinese influence operation called “Spamouflage” is working to not only impact our elections — “an echo of Russia’s influence campaign before the 2016 election” — but also to “breed disenchantment among voters by maligning the United States as rife with urban decay, homelessness, fentanyl abuse, gun violence and crumbling infrastructure.” ...

...Most alarming is that Spamouflage appears to be linked to the Chinese government, making this a state-sanctioned effort to undermine our democracy.​

Just something for us all to be aware of. When you see someone posting the sort of rhetoric described above, it could very well be a Chinese troll acting on behalf of the Chinese Government to try and undermine our democracy, especially if they post in a simplistic and oddly repetitive manner.

...As reported in the New York Times, a Chinese influence operation called “Spamouflage” is working to not only impact our elections — “an echo of Russia’s influence campaign before the 2016 election” — but also to “breed disenchantment among voters by maligning the United States as rife with urban decay, homelessness, fentanyl abuse, gun violence and crumbling infrastructure.” ...

...Most alarming is that Spamouflage appears to be linked to the Chinese government, making this a state-sanctioned effort to undermine our democracy.
Except for the fact that it's 100% accurate. You know it's bad when you have to rely on other countries to tell you the truth about your own country.

naked-gun-please-disperse.gif

Except for the fact that it's 100% accurate. You know it's bad when you have to rely on other countries to tell you the truth about your own country.
I think you kinda missed the point. If an online person keeps posting the same material described above over and over, doesn't really engage, and seems "odd", they are likely a foreign troll working to undermine our country and way of governance.

I don't know about you, but when I see that my first thought is that we should keep an eye out and do what we can to counteract it.

Hey Uncle J

Yes, I've been reading about all of the disinformation that's coming out of a lot of Russian propaganda machines. In fact, I was reading the other day that it's not only aimed at the U.S.

God bless,
Ted

Hey Uncle J

Yes, I've been reading about all of the disinformation that's coming out of a lot of Russian propaganda machines. In fact, I was reading the other day that it's not only aimed at the U.S.

God bless,
Ted
One Christian forum I was banned from years ago (they ban any and all dissenters) but still lurk in has a couple of very, very obvious foreign trolls. One of the Russian trolls later tried to join a different Christian forum but was immediately spotted and banned.

They're out there for sure.

I don't know about you, but when I see that my first thought is that we should keep an eye out and do what we can to counteract it.
Why? I'm not getting paid to do that. I don't care what people post here unless they're breaking TOS. The report button exists for a reason.

I find it strange that people like you are so concerned with Russia and China interfering in our elections. The constant anxiety over this issue is what really undermines our integrity.

Why? I'm not getting paid to do that. I don't care what people post here unless they're breaking TOS. The report button exists for a reason.
Because they're working for foreign adversaries that are trying to undermine our country, our institutions, and our democratic republic, as well as working to inflame and divide us.

I find it strange that people like you are so concerned with Russia and China interfering in our elections. The constant anxiety over this issue is what really undermines our integrity.
That makes no sense. Looks to me like your attitude is "Meh, who cares...let 'em do it".

Because they're working for foreign adversaries that are trying to undermine our country, our institutions, and our democratic republic, as well as working to inflame and divide us.
So? The Russians did everything they could to undermine the United States during the Cold War. The country is still here.

That makes no sense. Looks to me like your attitude is "Meh, who cares...let 'em do it".
Because it is.

So? The Russians did everything they could to undermine the United States during the Cold War. The country is still here.

Because it is.
I guess we'll just have to disagree on this. You seem a bit nihilistic to me.

Darn Russians .
They tried this same thing in 2020 with planting of a phony laptop full of phony criminal disinformation involving millions of dollars from our enemies going right into the Biden Crime Family coffers .
Good thing that over 40 U.S. government intelligence officers were able to verify the planted laptop was all bogus Russian interference before election day.
Had they not that could have been some devastating Russian interference in our elections.

MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2023​

4/24/2023 5:23:00 PM
Share This Episode

The Hunter Biden Laptop Disinformation Is Exposed

A deposition transcript released by the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees reveals that the Biden campaign in 2020 helped spur an open letter signed by former intelligence officials claiming the Hunter Biden laptop story had the "earmarks" of Russian disinformation. Will anyone pay a price for that deception, and how much has it hurt the credibility of the press and the intelligence services?

Anonymous users are dominating right-wing discussions online. They also spread false information

NEW YORK (AP) — The reposts and expressions of shock from public figures followed quickly after a user on the social platform X who uses a pseudonym claimed that a government website had revealed “skyrocketing” rates of voters registering without a photo ID in three states this year — two of them crucial to the presidential contest.

“Extremely concerning,” X owner Elon Musk replied twice to the post this past week.

“Are migrants registering to vote using SSN?” Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, an ally of former President Donald Trump, asked on Instagram, using the acronym for Social Security number.

Trump himself posted to his own social platform within hours to ask, “Who are all those voters registering without a Photo ID in Texas, Pennsylvania, and Arizona??? What is going on???”

State election officials soon found themselves forced to respond. They said the user, who pledges to fight, expose and mock “wokeness,” was wrong and had distorted Social Security Administration data. Actual voter registrations during the time period cited were much lower than the numbers being shared online.

Stephen Richer, the recorder in Maricopa County, Arizona, which includes Phoenix, refuted the claim in multipleX posts while Jane Nelson, the secretary of state in Texas, issued a statement calling it “totally inaccurate.”

Yet by the time they tried to correct the record, the false claim had spread widely. In three days, the pseudonymous user’s claim amassed more than 63 million views on X, according to the platform’s metrics. A thorough explanation from Richer attracted a fraction of that, reaching 2.4 million users.

The incident sheds light on how social media accounts that shield the identities of the people or groups behind them through clever slogans and cartoon avatars have come to dominate right-wing political discussion online even as they spread false information.

Interesting that this seems to be mostly a right-wing phenomenon. It reminds me of an article I read back in 2016 where they interviewed a Russian internet troll and one of the things they asked was why they didn't troll liberals and liberal sites very much. The guy explained that they tried, but within the first two comments or replies their misinformation had been debunked, whereas on right-wing sites most folks would immediately share and spread it.

That's why I keep saying....practice critical thinking and skepticism (especially when it's something you really want to be true) and.....facts matter.

Thank you so much for that information, I needed a good giggle. It is so sad that the facts no longer matter to so many, and the truth matters even less. I really wish I could understand why anyone has anything to do with that Musk fellow; he'll "fuel the fire" even more, with no consequences because he is too rich.

As for any State official trying to debunk any of these trolls, that is a joke. There is simply way too much money in the "world wide web" for them to actually cut off any of these countries that use it for malevolent purposes. And then, sadly; there are actual American citizens who promote a lot of crap to get "likes" and "views".

Control freaks are having a cry because times have changed and the select few cannot control the narrative anymore. Since the internet evolved over the years now social media is so huge and the flow of information and independant media, its the peoples voice and they dont like it very much, freedom of speech and information that is.

It just always seems to be if its not the mainstream narrative its somehow a conspiracy theory, a russian bot, then it was fake news, and now a possible foreign spy.

The people can decide that for themselves.

Is homelessness on the rise?, is there a rise in fentanyl and drug problems in cities and societies?. Thats up to individuals to figure out and they can decide for themsleves and do there own research. Someone will say yes someone will say no. Its up an indivudual to not be lazy and do there own homework not just belueve what someone they dont even know tells them.

Gun violence?, well the left seem to always go on about the need for gun control as if its a problem, no russian bot claim needed there.

Crumbling infrustructure?, people can judge for themselves if there cities and communities have improved or not.

There is no such thing as im the truth and the only truth you must believe everything i say otherwise its fake news, and your not allowed to question anything or have any critical thinking my little minion controled brainwashed zombie. Lol. Unless you like tyranny.

Information can be crooked and sometimes dangerous and people need to be cautious and aware of information. I dont think anyone should ever just believe what they hear or are told without going more into depth and studing it and finding out if its true or not themselves. Be there own fact checker. Not be lazy.

The elites are trembling in fear.

China’s ‘MAGAflage’ election interference is about more than 2024

The recent unmasking of a Chinese disinformation campaign designed to influence the 2024 U.S. presidential election has brought renewed attention to foreign meddling in our democratic process — specifically Russian and Chinese efforts — as well as our failure to safeguard against such interference...

...Most alarming is that Spamouflage appears to be linked to the Chinese government, making this a state-sanctioned effort to undermine our democracy.

Just something for us all to be aware of. When you see someone posting the sort of rhetoric described above, it could very well be a Chinese troll acting on behalf of the Chinese Government to try and undermine our democracy, especially if they post in a simplistic and oddly repetitive manner.
Our democracy/republic has already been undermined,it has been happening for decades,......Think not about where we have been,but where we are going as a nation.Yesterday we were waiting at a airport boarding gate,I noticed the majority of the group were staring at a screen in their hand/s.I thought, what is everyone looking at?,or reading?,how are they being influenced?.I was at Barnes and Noble friday night,I noticed the shelf that has the latest 'Leftist Progressive Thought' titles on it,to me it was the comic/fantasy section.But those books represent a thought process that will become increasingly more prevalent in our society.
The people that have flooded across our southern border are going to change demographics,and possibly help usurp the system.Im only speculating.

The people can decide that for themselves.

Is homelessness on the rise?, is there a rise in fentanyl and drug problems in cities and societies?. Thats up to individuals to figure out and they can decide for themsleves and do there own research. Someone will say yes someone will say no. Its up an indivudual to not be lazy and do there own homework not just belueve what someone they dont even know tells them.

Gun violence?, well the left seem to always go on about the need for gun control as if its a problem, no russian bot claim needed there.

Crumbling infrustructure?, people can judge for themselves if there cities and communities have improved or not.

There is no such thing as im the truth and the only truth you must believe everything i say otherwise its fake news, and your not allowed to question anything or have any critical thinking my little minion controled brainwashed zombie. Lol. Unless you like tyranny.

Information can be crooked and sometimes dangerous and people need to be cautious and aware of information. I dont think anyone should ever just believe what they hear or are told without going more into depth and studing it and finding out if its true or not themselves. Be there own fact checker. Not be lazy.

The elites are trembling in fear.
One of the main goals of the foreign trolls is to stir up strife and get Americans to turn against each other. That, plus their aim to undermine our democracy is enough to get my attention and lead me to oppose those efforts whenever I can.

Our democracy/republic has already been undermined,it has been happening for decades,......Think not about where we have been,but where we are going as a nation.Yesterday we were waiting at a airport boarding gate,I noticed the majority of the group were staring at a screen in their hand/s.I thought, what is everyone looking at?,or reading?,how are they being influenced?.I was at Barnes and Noble friday night,I noticed the shelf that has the latest 'Leftist Progressive Thought' titles on it,to me it was the comic/fantasy section.But those books represent a thought process that will become increasingly more prevalent in our society.
The people that have flooded across our southern border are going to change demographics,and possibly help usurp the system.Im only speculating.
I don't really understand your point. Are you saying that progressive thought and immigration are part of foreign governments' efforts to undermine our country?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back