Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Bible Study-14 (Roots of Salvation)

G

Gcront

Bible Study-14 (Roots of Salvation)

We find that when man is mostly looking for corruption in others, they like to find some long paper trail to follow; this is trying to prove that someone is not trustworthily to be served or follower. They don’t like to think that there is some Supreme Being far above them, they mostly like to go out and dig up a hand full of trash, and say I told you so this is where man came from (which is revolution.) This is when they are willing to overlook one of the longest paper trail there is, for here we find that this was to become the longest and greatest of all paper trail, which leads all the way back to God, being the one and only Word of God.
Then when it come to this longest paper trail there is, this is the Light that is ascending down upon man, coming down from Heaven that we might know and recognize the roots of our Salvation. With this being our Savior, a light that first descending from within the Old Testament of Ezekiel. 34:17-“And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.â€Â
34:18-“Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?â€Â
34:19-“And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.â€Â

34:20-“Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.â€Â
34:21-“Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;â€Â
34:22-“Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.â€Â
34:23-“And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.â€Â
34:24-“And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.â€Â

This was the same Light that descended upon a small Shepherd boy by the name of David, in the Book of Psalms. 23:1-“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.â€Â
23:2-“He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.â€Â
23:3-“He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.â€Â
23:4-“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.â€Â
23:5-Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over “.
23:6-â€ÂSurely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.â€Â

Now crisscrossing over into the New Testament first looking into the first Chapter of St. Matthew, we find the many generations leading down to the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, with this coming to an end in the sixteen-verse of the Book of Matthew. 1:16-“And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.â€Â
1:17-“So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.â€Â
1:18-“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.â€Â

Here we find and know that every knee shall bow, this is the same as we find in the Book of Philippians. 2:5-“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:â€Â
2:6-“Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:â€Â
2:7-“But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:â€Â
2:8-“And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.â€Â
2:9-“Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:â€Â
2:10-“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;â€Â
2:11-“And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.â€Â

Here we find the three wise men looking for the new born, which shall become King and Lord of all the Nations, in the Book of St Matthew. 2:1-“Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judae in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,â€Â
2:2-“Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.â€Â
2:3-“When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.â€Â

2:4-“And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.â€Â
2:5-“And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,â€Â
2:6-“And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.â€Â

Then we once again find that we should not lay up our treasures here on earth, the same as we find in the Book of St. Matthew. 6:19-“Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:â€Â
6:20-“But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:â€Â
6:21-“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.â€Â
6:22-“The light of the body is the eye: if therefothine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.â€Â
6:23-“But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!â€Â
6:24-“No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other, Ye cannot serve God and mammon.â€Â

Thanks and God Bless You
Herbert

Back