Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Bible Study-Four (God’s New Covenant-Merry Christ-mas)

G

Gcront

Bible Study-Four

God’s New Covenant-Merry Christ-mas

After all this destroying from the sins of man, lets gives thanks to our Godhead’s great mercy, as he stretch out his hands out across all our nations. Lets have a moment of prayer, as we celebrate this Christ-mas the glory of our salivation through our Godhead, the same the as we find in the Book of Genesis. 9:8-“And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,â€Â
9:9-“And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
9:10-“And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.â€Â
9:11-“And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.â€Â

9:12-“And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:â€Â
9:13-“I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.â€Â
9:14-“And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:â€Â
9:15-“And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.â€Â

Here we also find God restoring the Ten Commandment once again, this was as God showed his glory before Moses, the same as we find in the Book of Exodus-34:1-“And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.â€Â
34:2-“And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount.â€Â
34:8-“And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.â€Â

34:9-“And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O LORD, let my LORD, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.â€Â
34:10-“And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the LORD: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.â€Â

With these two great wonders that we have just studied, we have also saw the glory of God passed before us, the same as Moses, and with Moses only seeing the back parts of God. Here we find the separation of God’s creation, with the first generation being before the flood, here we find a generation in which there was no time recorded. Then after the flood we have had a good idea of what have came down through our many ages.
With these two generations we find that they work together under the same God, this is also with the New and the Old Testament working together, with God first bring forth the Jewish Nation and then the Gentile Nation. We cannot study the New Testament with out first going back to the Old Testament, for God has associated them very closely together, this is from the day of Moses to the blueprint of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

We find in the Old Testament that the Messiah shall be born in Bethlehem, the same as we find in the Book of Micah. 5:1-“Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.â€Â
5:2-“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.â€Â
5:3-“Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.â€Â

5:4-“And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.â€Â

Then going to the Book of St. Matthew, we find this birth 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem. 2:2-“Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.â€Â
2:3-“When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.â€Â
2:4-“And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
2:5-“And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,â€Â

We find in the Old Testament that the Messiah was to be born of a virgin, this is the same as we find in the Book of Isaiah. 7: 13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?â€Â
7:14-“Therefore the LORD himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.â€Â
7:15-“Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.â€Â
7:16-“For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.â€Â
7:17-“The LORD shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.â€Â

Then we find going to the Book of St. Matthew-1:18-“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.â€Â
1:19-“Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not lling to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.â€Â
1:20-“But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.â€Â

God Bless you and Merry Christ-mas to All
Herbert

Back