Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Rules ...I Use

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Jay T

Rules I use ...while I study the Bible

PRINCIPLE #1.)
2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works".

(This tells me that both the Old Testament, as well as the New Testament is to be made valid instructions, for the Christian of today.
In other words, the information in the OT, needs to be studied totally and absolutely, in order to understand the New Testament)
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS...ANY ONE PART OF THE BIBLE APPLING TO JUST ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE, AND NO ONE ELSE !

PRINCIPLE #2.)
Matthew 4:4 "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God".

('every word' the comes from God, means ...OT, as well as the NT.
For example:
Ezekiel 20:20 "And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a [sign] between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God").
WHAT GOD SAID HERE, IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, APPLIES TO THE CHRISTIAN, TODAY !
PRINCIPLE #3.)
Revelation 12:17 "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ".

(From Genesis to Revelation....the Bible reveals satan's attacks, on God's people, who keep the commandments.....

In other words, the main theme of the whole Bible is....Christ (God), bringing man who broke the commandments, back into keeping the commandments).
As it is written:
Ecclesiastes 12:13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.
12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil".

Again I repeat.....No one can keep all 10 commandments (Exodus 20:3-17)....without Jesus Christ working His will within a person.

Romans 10:4 "For Christ is the [end] of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth".
And never forget the word...'end' means, in Greek....'goal, purpose, destination to get to'.

I just let God speak when I read his word. That's worked well enough for me. Put Him in charge of your study time, and he'll bless it. 8-)

Timothy said:
I just let God speak when I read his word. That's worked well enough for me. Put Him in charge of your study time, and he'll bless it. 8-)
How you relate to all 10 commandments reveals whether God is in 'charge' or not.

The 4th commandment (7th day Sabbath) is the 'sign' of those believers who are loyal to God.

Jay T said:
The 4th commandment (7th day Sabbath) is the 'sign' of those believers who are loyal to God.

To you yes, to some maybe and maybe not. It's not for me to say you're wrong or not on that matter concerning you or anyone else. That's between you or them and God. Going to church every sunday doesn't make me a christian any more than standing in a garage for 6 months makes me a Ferrari.
Yes, I have a church home but it certainly isn't a rule I follow to pursue my salvation. I go there for reasons some may not understand or even believe for that matter. But in no way is my attendance any gauge of the relationship I have with Christ.

Jay T said:
Timothy said:
How you relate to all 10 commandments reveals whether God is in 'charge' or not.

Here's a rule I think is pretty useful.

Study your doctrines through the teachings of the Bible, not your Bible through the eyes of your doctrines.

Jay T, I thought the Bible makes it very clear that man is saved through grace by faith, not through a day or work. Ephesians 2:8-9

Timothy said:
Jay T said:
Timothy said:

Here's a rule I think is pretty useful.
Study your doctrines through the teachings of the Bible, not your Bible through the eyes of your doctrines.
Was done....and here's the Bible verse to prove that fact..... 20:20 "And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a [sign] between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God".
[quote:biggrin380a]
Jay T, I thought the Bible makes it very clear that man is saved through grace by faith, not through a day or work. Ephesians 2:8-9
[/quote:biggrin380a]And you are correct.
Faith is what one reads, in the Bible (Romans 10:17).
Grace, is the free gift from God, to 'obey' what one reads in the Bible, (Romans 1:5).

But rememeber....ALWAYS include verse 10, when quoting Ephesians 2:8,9.
2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I follow you, except for the sabbath part. Your verse says nothing of your "Seventh Day Sabbath" and I'm fairly sure your passage is OT and therefore the Sabbath was very important for the focus needed to serve God. This still is not grounds to say that the following of the 7DS is a necessary work.

Timothy said:
I follow you, except for the sabbath part. Your verse says nothing of your "Seventh Day Sabbath" and I'm fairly sure your passage is OT and therefore the Sabbath was very important for the focus needed to serve God. This still is not grounds to say that the following of the 7DS is a necessary work.
Remember, there is no 'your sabbath' in the Bible....as God has identified the 7th day sabbath as, HIS Holy day (Isaiah 58:13,14....Exodus 20:8-11.....Ezekiel 20:12,20....Mark 2:28...ect.)

Also, your comment, 'needed to serve God'...is really, the 7th day sabbath is the sign God has place to show the the believers loyalty towards God.

Those who refuse to keep the 4th commandment show their loyalty to another god, one who set up Sunday worship services (Daniel 7:25...'think to change times and laws').

Christianity is based on Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness ?"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back