Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Biden made the Sign of the Cross while listening to a speech about abortion

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Alfred Persson

MR
2024 Supporter
  • Biden made the Sign of the Cross while listening to a speech about abortion bans
  • Biden's gesture infuriated Catholics who saw his gesture as blasphemous
  • The president has a record of making the Sign of the Cross during political events to spark laughter from the audience
By CHARLIE SPIERING, SENIOR POLITICAL REPORTER, WASHINGTON, DC

PUBLISHED: 15:02 EDT, 24 April 2024 | UPDATED: 11:06 EDT, 25 April 2024

President Joe Biden sparked backlash from pro-life Catholics after he made the Sign of the Cross on Tuesday while listening to a speech about limits on abortion.

Biden made the gesture during a campaign organizing event in Florida with Nikki Fried, the Democratic candidate for governor running against Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.

During her opening remarks, Fried expressed outrage at DeSantis for signing a ban on abortions over six weeks.

'Then we come back here to the state of Florida where Ron DeSantis felt like he needed to run for president and so 15 weeks was not good enough,' Fried said. 'And then we had to go to six weeks.'

Biden reacted to her statement by making the Sign of the Cross.
President Joe Biden speaks during an organizing event as Nikki Fried laughs

+7
View gallery
President Joe Biden speaks during an organizing event as Nikki Fried laughs
Joe Biden raises his hand to make the Sign of the Cross

+7
View gallery
Joe Biden raises his hand to make the Sign of the Cross
US President Joe Biden speaks to two children while meeting with campaign volunteers and supporters

+7
View gallery

US President Joe Biden speaks to two children while meeting with campaign volunteers and supporters

Desantis can't run again .only two terms

Is there limits on how long an elected official can run?. I know for Presidant its like 3 terms or soemthing.

Thats all a good thing. But i have a quesrion, if like a gocerner or presidant csn only run for a few terms why can some of those in congress sit there for life?.

Like even Biden, i mean hes been in positions of government since the stone age and he still a payed politician.

Is there limits on how long an elected official can run?. I know for Presidant its like 3 terms or soemthing.

Thats all a good thing. But i have a quesrion, if like a gocerner or presidant csn only run for a few terms why can some of those in congress sit there for life?.

Like even Biden, i mean hes been in positions of government since the stone age and he still a payed politician.
Florida limits it's office holders eight years in the Senate ,house and governor

He does it for laughs

"He then made the sign of the cross and smiled at the laughs that elicited"

Cnn.com/markets/fear-and-greed

Whether he is aware of anything else is unknown.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back