Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bidenomic Inflation Continues To Grow

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi Consecrated Life

An economy is a huge machine. Like a great ship, it doesn't turn on a dime. It also doesn't always turn in ways that we like. Consider that it's the spending power of an entire nation of 300 million people. As I've been trying to explain, inflationary periods come and go, and they have for centuries. Sometimes they can only affect one nation, but as we grow into a larger and larger global economy, such events can be spread globally, as this period does seem to be.

However, by the numbers that are used by most nations to measure the growth and productivity of our economy, we're doing alright. Yes, it hurts as we pass through it for many. Especially those on the lower rungs of the income ladder. Speaking only for me and my situation, God has blessed me with enough. And that's all I have ever asked for. It's what I taught my son to appreciate. I've told him ever since his high school days when he began moving into being his own man and starting out to live his life that I would never seek for him to be rich, but that he be blessed of the Lord to have enough. Financially, I'm fine as prices rise. Yes, it costs me a bit more to live, just as yourself, but God continues to provide.

Now, maybe someday the bottom will completely fall out from under us. I will still be satisfied with what God blesses me with in that day, too. My working years are over. Thankfully, through some wise investing and the government's provision of SS, I have enough. Out of that 'enough' I tithe each week. I do some volunteer work. I give to try and help to alleviate the suffering of the poor.

But I can tell you this. I don't see the former guy as the answer to our ills. Either economically or socially, or in any other metric that might matter in running the nation. He's just a very, very mean person. Hateful to most everyone who doesn't agree with him. And honestly, he's not smart, he's mean. He has all of his life bullied people through the use of our legal system. And as the present situation seems to show, he leaves pain and suffering in his wake in just about anyone's life that touches his. That's the beginning of a totalitarian government and that's not the kind of government that I would choose, by my vote, to live under. I don't want to even allow such a governmental system a foothold, so there is really no way that I would ever vote for him.

But you are your own person and you obviously have a different worldview of 'how' things work. Your choices come out of your worldview. That's ok for you, but I think it's wrong headed. And when, as we've discussed before, I read most of your posts, you do seem to operate under a similar worldview to what the former president's worldview is. You constantly berate and belittle people with name calling to show your superiority over their supposed, by you , stupidity just as he does. I don't want to live that life.

God bless you,
Ted

Hi Consecrated Life

An economy is a huge machine. Like a great ship, it doesn't turn on a dime. It also doesn't always turn in ways that we like. Consider that it's the spending power of an entire nation of 300 million people. As I've been trying to explain, inflationary periods come and go, and they have for centuries. Sometimes they can only affect one nation, but as we grow into a larger and larger global economy, such events can be spread globally, as this period does seem to be.

However, by the numbers that are used by most nations to measure the growth and productivity of our economy, we're doing alright. Yes, i

But you are your own person and you obviously have a different worldview of 'how' things work. Your choices come out of your worldview. That's ok for you,

God bless you,
Ted
Why are you talking down Bidenomics & an economy that is " Strong as hell" ?
Get with the administration's program on this and tell America not to believe their lying eyes or the hoards of the homeless they see where they were never seen before.

US Homelessness Hits Historic Levels As 653,000 ... - Yahoo Finance

Feb 5, 2024 ... Yahoo · US Homelessness Hits Historic Levels As 653,000 Americans Are Now Homeless Despite Stock Market Reaching All-Time Highs.

President touts ‘Bidenomics’ though new poll shows just 34% approve his handling of the economy

Hi Consecrated Life
Why are you talking down Bidenomics & an economy that is " Strong as hell" ?
I wasn't aware that I was and I really don't equate great strength to hell. As I've said, as far as my life, I am not seeing any great struggle with the current economic situation. My SS gets upped each year to cover what the government feels is the inflationary pressured of the previous year and so far that's been good for me. At the height of the inflation I got a nearly 8% increase in my SS. But I'm not dependent solely on SS. I also have never expected SS to keep me overly comfortable or to make me wealthy. It's a program begun nearly 100 years ago that has provided an income for people through a forced taxation plan and I'm fine with it.

I'm not homeless, nor do I think in any danger of becoming so, but I do have sympathy for the homeless. I used to minister to the homeless when I lived in Miami. We would hold a worship and teaching service every week at the county facility and then on Sunday take passenger vans provided by a member who operated a school transportation service and, for those who would come, take then to our service at the worship center of our facility. I was always saddened when I'd invite people and their cry was that they didn't have proper clothes to wear. I'd always assure them that God was interested in their heart and not their clothes and so I have since then, now about 30 years, worn jeans to worship.

But, as I look back over the economic situation currently in the U.S., I don't see it as being particularly worse than other times of economic upheaval. But then that may be one of the differences between you and I. I try not to spend a lot of time decrying "woe is me", but rather focus on the blessings that the Lord provides for me in all circumstances. He has not yet let me down. Praise God!

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back