Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Biggest word

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

andy

It is often said that the biggest word in the dictionary is the word IF (If only I'd done that, If only I'd been there, If only I had this etc..). However, there is an even more important word: LET. Everything that has or will ever happen in the entire realms of heaven & earth is LET by God. The word LET is mentioned throughout scripture, notably by Moses in his appeals to Pharoah and, more importantly in Genesis; the word LET is mentioned 16 times in the first 26 verses of chapter 1, and the first word recorded from God's mouth: LET there be light (V3). It must also be noted that it is no coincidence that our prayers to Him end with Amen (LET it be). LET this word be important in your Christian life (more important than IF). For further reading on this subject: Psalm 119:169-176. May God bless you. :pray

It is often said that the biggest word in the dictionary is the word IF (If only I'd done that, If only I'd been there, If only I had this etc..). However, there is an even more important word: LET. Everything that has or will ever happen in the entire realms of heaven & earth is LET by God. The word LET is mentioned throughout scripture, notably by Moses in his appeals to Pharoah and, more importantly in Genesis; the word LET is mentioned 16 times in the first 26 verses of chapter 1, and the first word recorded from God's mouth: LET there be light (V3). It must also be noted that it is no coincidence that our prayers to Him end with Amen (LET it be). LET this word be important in your Christian life (more important than IF). For further reading on this subject: Psalm 119:169-176. May God bless you. :pray

Amen! Let it be.
Thank you for sharing.
May God bless you too...:pray

SeekHisFace said:
Amen! Let it be.

Edward said:
I thought Amen meant so be it?

Both translations work. It's an affirmation, or an acclamation of agreement and approval, or ritual identification with the things (like prayers or blessings) said previously or by another speaker. What ever you want to word that in anonther language works.
Jesus uses the word "amen" often at the beginning of his teachings, and it's usually translated as "Verily" or "truely".

Thanks. :lol Blessing to you as well.

I was scared I'd come across like lecturing you (like trying to show off my knowledge or so). If I did I apologise. :oops

Wow. Nice post andy. Let is such an inviting term to the pure of heart.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back