Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blasphemers Anonymous

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mister E

No, it's not a 12-Step Program to help you stop. It's a place to gather with others similarly stricken and suffering from accusations of blasphemy. So welcome one and all.

Would anyone like to start-- Just introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your journey and what brought you here today...

'Ummm.... hi, my name's Jesus- and I'm from the Galilee region if you know where that is-- a little town called Nazareth that almost no one has heard of.... actually, I was born in Bethlehem- grew up in Egypt..... well anyways. My dad was a carpenter-- had a stay-at-home mom-- but 'my real Dad' of course is God and I'm His anointed son. I guess that's where all the trouble started and when I told people this I was called a blasphemer.'

attachment_Grapevine%20Archive_How%20It%20Works_Meeting%20Chairs.ashx3_.jpg

It doesn't take much to get accused of blasphemy. Call God your Father and claim to be anointed with His Holy Spirit.

All it takes is to say things in a way that is unfamiliar to the ears of "the orthodox" crowd.

Heretics unite!

When you pray, do you pray as Jesus taught-- "Our Father" ???

Do you have that same spirit within you as a 'Christ-in' vessel like Jesus explained in the book of John?

Abide in me and I in you...

---that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

---that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. “Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

“O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

No, it's not a 12-Step Program to help you stop. It's a place to gather with others similarly stricken and suffering from accusations of blasphemy. So welcome one and all.

Would anyone like to start-- Just introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your journey and what brought you here today...

'Ummm.... hi, my name's Jesus- and I'm from the Galilee region if you know where that is-- a little town called Nazareth that almost no one has heard of.... actually, I was born in Bethlehem- grew up in Egypt..... well anyways. My dad was a carpenter-- had a stay-at-home mom-- but 'my real Dad' of course is God and I'm His anointed son. I guess that's where all the trouble started and when I told people this I was called a blasphemer.'

attachment_Grapevine%20Archive_How%20It%20Works_Meeting%20Chairs.ashx3_.jpg
Pretty funny in one way. Blasphemy has never been a matter I’ve faced. Mostly the christians attack my character. “Proud or arrogant” is more common simply because I understand something the other doesn’t. That they actually can LEARN from those who understand something they don’t is rarely considered. In Christianity, no one is supposed to understand more than anyone else. If you do, it’s a character fault unless you’re a famous (and prosperous) international speaker who’s published books. That’s different.

Pretty funny in one way. Blasphemy has never been a matter I’ve faced. Mostly the christians attack my character. “Proud or arrogant” is more common simply because I understand something the other doesn’t. That they actually can LEARN from those who understand something they don’t is rarely considered. In Christianity, no one is supposed to understand more than anyone else. If you do, it’s a character fault unless you’re a famous (and prosperous) international speaker who’s published books. That’s different.

How about heresy? Never been accused of that?

Or haven't you heard something like-- 'How can you call yourself a Christian if you don't believe __________? Fill in the blank.

Been accused of stuff for playing video games like Persona. All I can say is that it's fiction and I know it's fiction, I don't have any sort of condition that affects my grasp on reality, so imo it's fine. But what's fine for me may not be fine for others - if it's a temptation for you, then avoid it.

How about heresy? Never been accused of that?
I don’t recall it. But I only know one person here who’s fond of accusing others of heresy at the drop of a hat. I’m not sure too many feel like they are qualified to make that judgement.
Or haven't you heard something like-- 'How can you call yourself a Christian if you don't believe __________? Fill in the blank.
Maybe. One guy here has the habit of dropping into “have you been born again” when he’s out of answers. Is that similar?

I don’t recall it. But I only know one person here who’s fond of accusing others of heresy at the drop of a hat. I’m not sure too many feel like they are qualified to make that judgement.

Maybe. One guy here has the habit of dropping into “have you been born again” when he’s out of answers. Is that similar?

Yes, of course. They have some things that are considered foundational beliefs. (not realizing what beliefs are). If you do not adhere to their beliefs you cannot be part of their club.

I love that word picture. It's how I see denominations. Bible Clubs. And if you see things differently than we do we will pick up a Bible and beat you with it. Bible Clubs. -Until your understanding conforms with ours.

Yes, of course. They have some things that are considered foundational beliefs. (not realizing what beliefs are). If you do not adhere to their beliefs you cannot be part of their club.

I love that word picture. It's how I see denominations. Bible Clubs. And if you see things differently than we do we will pick up a Bible and beat you with it. Bible Clubs. -Until your understanding conforms with ours.
It, of course, begs the question as to when is a church really a club?

That’s at least better than our last church. They met to have friends mainly and a wee bit of bible.

When you encounter groups like this all you have to do is challenge one of their core beliefs-- even if it's only a wee bit of the Bible they agree on, that's the ingredient that makes and keeps them friends. Oppose that understanding and the welcome mat is withdrawn and you'll no longer be a part of the social circle (club).

Vegetarians don't gravitate toward ranchers and barbeques. It's frowned upon when you roll up to a save-the-planet picnic in your Hummer. Conformity is almost always required in any social group or conflict comes. Most people would rather have their ideas confirmed and never contested.

When you encounter groups like this all you have to do is challenge one of their core beliefs-- even if it's only a wee bit of the Bible they agree on, that's the ingredient that makes and keeps them friends. Oppose that understanding and the welcome mat is withdrawn and you'll no longer be a part of the social circle (club).

Vegetarians don't gravitate toward ranchers and barbeques. It's frowned upon when you roll up to a save-the-planet picnic in your Hummer. Conformity is almost always required in any social group or conflict comes. Most people would rather have their ideas confirmed and never contested.
Made me laugh! I do recall telling the bible study group I don’t believe in inborn Sin nature. Could have heard a pin drop.

I have been considering Catholicism, trying to learn about it. Of course, that's not an unorthodox ideal, but a looooot of people hate Catholics and don't even consider them to be Christians.

One thing I like about Catholicism from what I'm learning of it is it just feels..... more like a faith thing than the loosey goosey-ness of what I grew up with. The sacraments and all just would feel more like I'm practicing a faith, if that makes sense.
Now, what I don't quite like about it, is a lot of the traditions Catholics have don't seem to come from scripture. Unless it's in the books they have that our Protestant bibles don't.

Obviously, I will consider the topic of conversion very very carefully, and won't convert if by discernment and prayer it's not revealed to be the truth.

I have been considering Catholicism, trying to learn about it. Of course, that's not an unorthodox ideal, but a looooot of people hate Catholics and don't even consider them to be Christians.

One thing I like about Catholicism from what I'm learning of it is it just feels..... more like a faith thing than the loosey goosey-ness of what I grew up with. The sacraments and all just would feel more like I'm practicing a faith, if that makes sense.
Now, what I don't quite like about it, is a lot of the traditions Catholics have don't seem to come from scripture. Unless it's in the books they have that our Protestant bibles don't.

Obviously, I will consider the topic of conversion very very carefully, and won't convert if by discernment and prayer it's not revealed to be the truth.

Hello Ari-

By all means, investigate. Explore. What you describe as 'practicing a faith' is a common way of putting it, but not a particularly accurate way. Faith is internal. Religion is external. Those things you don't quite like, those traditions and ideas that come about apart from scripture-- those things are religious practices. Doctrines and dogma and ideas that have been developed and instituted. I use that word on purpose. It's an institutionalized faith where the internal beliefs have become external practices. If that's truly what you are looking for, you'll certainly find it in Catholicism. And there are a lot of good, practicing Catholics.

If you are willing to be guided by that Counselor within you might find what you are looking for- but you won't find it outside yourself. It's inside work. Faith, not religion. It's what's inside that counts.

Enjoy the journey!

Back