Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
View attachment emoji devotions Blesses.jpg
An Emoji Devotions for Tue 11th May, 2021

Topic: Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it.

Highlight: “Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.” James 1:21-25

In the Gospel of Luke (Luke 11: 27 – 28) only, we read about a very short, but nevertheless utterly important event. Jesus is preaching to the crowd and a woman who must have been deeply touched by his teaching suddenly exclaims: “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.” As a woman she may have felt the rightful pride and thankfulness of Mary, to call Jesus her son. In his answer Jesus confirms her excitement, but corrects it at the same time. The Greek word that Jesus uses here is mainly used in answers and can be translated with “yes, but much more …” He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” The exclamation of the woman aims to fleshly human specifics, whereas the response of Jesus gives emphasis to the attitude of the heart.

It is no coincidence that Mary serves as well as an example with regard to that. When the angel tells her that she will get in trouble with society, by carrying a child from God without being married, she shows a very obedient reaction. “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. (Luke 1:38) Not what we are called to do, not what we have done or missed doing is important. We are blessed, we are to be praised when we are servants who willingly hear the word of God and do our best to obey, to live it out in our everydays life.

“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:16-17

Yes Mary is blessed and to be praised, but although she was the mother of Jesus, she has no special stand among the followers of Jesus. She is not to be praised due to her motherhood, but due to her attitude of heart. If you and I are hearing the word of God and do our best to shape our lives in obedience to the very word, we are to be blessed and to be praised in the same way. Only the obedience to the message of Jesus makes us to salt of the earth and to the light of the world. With regard to history, most of us are insignificant little people, but we all live in an environment in which we are important and significant to some people around us. By obeying the word of God, God lifts us out of our smallness and makes us to a destination boards and to a force that works against rottenness and decomposition. As a follower of Christ, you are a VIP, a very important person and an upholder for the society in which you live.

Prayer: Dear heavenly Father, let me look away from fleshly privileges and concentrate on the attitude of my heart. Do not let me forget that being obedient to you is the way to true greatness. Teach me your word and make me a professional in living it out in my everyday routine. Amen

View attachment 11614
An Emoji Devotions for Tue 11th May, 2021

Topic: Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it.

Highlight: “Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.” James 1:21-25

In the Gospel of Luke (Luke 11: 27 – 28) only, we read about a very short, but nevertheless utterly important event. Jesus is preaching to the crowd and a woman who must have been deeply touched by his teaching suddenly exclaims: “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.” As a woman she may have felt the rightful pride and thankfulness of Mary, to call Jesus her son. In his answer Jesus confirms her excitement, but corrects it at the same time. The Greek word that Jesus uses here is mainly used in answers and can be translated with “yes, but much more …” He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” The exclamation of the woman aims to fleshly human specifics, whereas the response of Jesus gives emphasis to the attitude of the heart.

It is no coincidence that Mary serves as well as an example with regard to that. When the angel tells her that she will get in trouble with society, by carrying a child from God without being married, she shows a very obedient reaction. “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. (Luke 1:38) Not what we are called to do, not what we have done or missed doing is important. We are blessed, we are to be praised when we are servants who willingly hear the word of God and do our best to obey, to live it out in our everydays life.

“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:16-17

Yes Mary is blessed and to be praised, but although she was the mother of Jesus, she has no special stand among the followers of Jesus. She is not to be praised due to her motherhood, but due to her attitude of heart. If you and I are hearing the word of God and do our best to shape our lives in obedience to the very word, we are to be blessed and to be praised in the same way. Only the obedience to the message of Jesus makes us to salt of the earth and to the light of the world. With regard to history, most of us are insignificant little people, but we all live in an environment in which we are important and significant to some people around us. By obeying the word of God, God lifts us out of our smallness and makes us to a destination boards and to a force that works against rottenness and decomposition. As a follower of Christ, you are a VIP, a very important person and an upholder for the society in which you live.

Prayer: Dear heavenly Father, let me look away from fleshly privileges and concentrate on the attitude of my heart. Do not let me forget that being obedient to you is the way to true greatness. Teach me your word and make me a professional in living it out in my everyday routine. Amen

Amen.

Back