Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Blood for Spirit

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Blood for Spirit
The Types of World War Two
I am not a student of Biblical typology. But I do understand that many things that happened in the Old Testament are representative symbols (or types) which foreshadow people, events and concepts of the New Testament, most especially the life, death and resurrection of Christ.
As someone with a creative brain, I love this. I love the many ways in which God artistically guided Biblical history so as to represent the future fulfilment of his plan with predictive events. I don't feel God's calling to fully immerse myself in this field of study, but I wish I had another lifetime to do so.
However, I believe God may have been training me all my life, without me even knowing it, in another field of typology.
First of all, I want to make something very clear: we are at war. A great and terrible clash between the forces of good and evil. The western world is on the brink of a time of great unrest as God initiates his counter-attack against the oppressors of his people. And we, the Church, are his army. A unique and epic spiritual war will define our time, and we need to prepare for that.
So how do we prepare? Our enemy is well-trained, well-equipped and battle-hardened. Nothing like this has ever happened before. How can the Church prepare itself for such a great and dangerous challenge?
Well, I believe there is a very simple solution: typology.
We need symbols. We need something to look to as the prototype for the fight we have before us.
And that something is the Second World War.
Don't get me wrong: the Bible is our greatest weapon. To understand Scripture is the greatest training a warrior can receive. But we in the modern world need modern inspiration. We need something we can see, something that approaches us on our level.
And The Greatest Generation can oblige. Our modern ancestors were faced with the most grim and terrifying six years the world has ever seen, and they looked that task straight in the eye as they embraced it.
What followed were people and events which came the closest we humans have come to a new Year Zero of history. And those people and events are types of warfare. A bottomless reservoir of wisdom and inspiration. Predictive events of physical warfare which provide the tactical understanding we need to fight the spiritual war of our time.
I urge you to binge-watch your favourite WWII movies again. Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Darkest Hour, Dunkirk… all of them. And as you watch, reflect on the fact that you and I are being readied for a cause as grave and noble as theirs. An enemy every bit as grotesque and raving as Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan is occupying Christian Civilization, and is steadily eroding all that our great grandparents paid in blood to preserve.
And they would have us learn from them.

Blood for Spirit
I am not a student of Biblical typology. But I do understand that many things that happened in the Old Testament are representative symbols (or types) which foreshadow people, events and concepts of the New Testament, most especially the life, death and resurrection of Christ.
As someone with a creative brain, I love this. I love the many ways in which God artistically guided Biblical history so as to represent the future fulfilment of his plan with predictive events. I don't feel God's calling to fully immerse myself in this field of study, but I wish I had another lifetime to do so.
However, I believe God may have been training me all my life, without me even knowing it, in another field of typology.
First of all, I want to make something very clear: we are at war. A great and terrible clash between the forces of good and evil. The western world is on the brink of a time of great unrest as God initiates his counter-attack against the oppressors of his people. And we, the Church, are his army. A unique and epic spiritual war will define our time, and we need to prepare for that.
So how do we prepare? Our enemy is well-trained, well-equipped and battle-hardened. Nothing like this has ever happened before. How can the Church prepare itself for such a great and dangerous challenge?
We need symbols. We need something to look to as the prototype for the fight we have before us.
Don't get me wrong: the Bible is our greatest weapon. To understand Scripture is the greatest training a warrior can receive. But we in the modern world need modern inspiration. We need something we can see, something that approaches us on our level.
And The Greatest Generation can oblige. Our modern ancestors were faced with the most grim and terrifying six years the world has ever seen, and they looked that task straight in the eye as they embraced it.
What followed were people and events which came the closest we humans have come to a new Year Zero of history. And those people and events are types of warfare. A bottomless reservoir of wisdom and inspiration. Predictive events of physical warfare which provide the tactical understanding we need to fight the spiritual war of our time.
I urge you to binge-watch your favourite WWII movies again. Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Darkest Hour, Dunkirk… all of them. And as you watch, reflect on the fact that you and I are being readied for a cause as grave and noble as theirs. An enemy every bit as grotesque and raving as Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan is occupying Christian Civilization, and is steadily eroding all that our great grandparents paid in blood to preserve.
Christians in every country everywhere are living among the dead. It is the dead that rule all nations and people.
Christians are living in this world of the dead but are not of it. They look for a world to come wherein righteousness dwells.
God uses these dead ones to bring about His purpose. They will continue to triumph until there time is up.

Blood for Spirit
Looking for symbols is a really strange task.

The symbols are usually in a different context.

For instance Jesus in the parable of the Sower, compared the seed with the Word Of God. The seed is - plant life. Inside the seed is a DNA book that defines growth and development. The Bible isourbook

Looking for symbols is a really strange task.

The symbols are usually in a different context.

For instance Jesus in the parable of the Sower, compared the seed with the Word Of God. The seed is - plant life. Inside the seed is a DNA book that defines growth and development. The Bible isourbook
I pressed post by accident and got a call.

The warfare Jesus used was to resist the worship of Satan’s temptarltion. Jesus quoted scripture.

The sword was changed into a plowshare.

Jesus did not fight against flesh and blood. Jesus resisted the idea of an angelic army at that time.

Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Our immune system swallows up pathogens if it is working properly. Someone smarter than me may have to answer.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back