Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Blotted out

I

irishrain

If I take a piece of paper and set it one fire, it burns it up. Where did it go? It's Gone, ashes. Blotted out. That is exactly what will happen to those that choose to love Satan, and follow him. This is the reason there will be no tears for those that go to hell.( Rev 21:4) There will be no remembrance of them. It will be as though they never existed.

Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Fear, or revere, Him that has the ability to blot out both your flesh body and your spiritual body.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

No more sorrow, nor crying, or pain, or death. All of those things will be blotted from our minds as tears from our eyes.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Does the Bible say they will all be in the lake of fire screaming for mercy forever? That's not my idea of heaven, haveing to listen to someone screaming forever. No, it says the lake which burneth is the second death.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

The spiritually dead, those that choose to follow Satan, and hell will be cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death or death of the soul.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Psa 69:26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.

28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

You can read about Satan's death sentence in Eze 28 what it means to be blotted out.

Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
sinned is chata H2398 a primitive root properly to miss, hence (fiqurative and general) to sin, by inference to forfeit, lack, espiate, repent, (causative) lead astray, condemn, bear the blame, cleanse, commit(sin), by fault, harm he hath done, loss, miss, (make) offend, offer for sin ,purge, puritfy, make reconciliation, (cause,make )sin (trespass.)

Rev 12:4 declares that Satan drew a third part of God's children away from God, and caused them to fall to the earth, which is a figure of speech meaning he caused them to fall from the good graces of God and from listening to and following Him. Satan "sinned" . He led God's children astray!
Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Thine heart was lifted up =Pride H1361 to be haughty

Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Satan is called the "son of perdition" in 2 Thes 2 because he is the son who has been sentenced to perish. Perish doesn't mean to be fried for ever and ever. It means he will be devoured, consume, and he shall never be any more!

Eze 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
Ashes, Gone

Rev 3:5He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

To be blotted out is to not exist, nor to have ever existed. The second death erases a soul from time eternal. God came to this world in the form of Christ our Savior. Through repentance we all have the chance to wipe the slate clean and gain eternal life. But not Satan who will be blotted out, turned to ashes from within, gone!

So you're saying that the second death is being erased from existence? That doesn't sound like hell to me, in fact it was some of the biggest philosophers' dreams like Socrates. I thought it was gnashing of teeth, and the ashes are metaphorical for your burning. It should be a place of eternal torture, not eternal disexistence, the kind you have before birth, or maybe I'm wrong..

irishrain said:
The spiritually dead, those that choose to follow Satan

That statement set me to thinking.

Satin has no book Christians have a book.

So how is it that Satin does not need a book in existence in order for us to follow him. Yet Christians need a book in order for us to follow Christ?

Is that suggesting that Satin is more power full?

How does one choose to follow Satin with no directions?

Windozer said:
irishrain said:

So how is it that Satin does not need a book in existence in order for us to follow him. Yet Christians need a book in order for us to follow Christ?

Satan does not need a book for us to follow him. He needed a tree, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. After the fall sin entered the world, and now we're all sinners. It's not following Satan, it's sinning which is rebellion from God which is what Satan did. Satan's ways are embedded in our nature, so he doesn't need a book. If God hadn't chosen Israel through which all nations would be blessed, we would all be condemning ourselves which is what this world is for. Christ came to save us. And The Bible explains how.

Windozer said:
irishrain said:

Satan has books. They're the books full of false doctrines. The "holy" books of Mulims, Buddists, and Hindus are some good examples. Books on Wicca and other forms of witchcraft are his books. Books on evolution are even more examples. Many of today's textbooks are great examples. Oh yes, Satan has books. Just because none of them are entitled Satan's Bible doesn't mean he doesn't have books.

Since you ask why we don't need a book to follow Satan (which in all honesty we don't), the answer is simple: We're just like him. We are separated from God because of sin. About the only difference between us and Satan is that he's got power and we don't. We're just like a bunch of sheep roaming the countryside, willing to follow whoever is calling, which, incidentally, is why the Bible compares humans to sheep so often.

Satan is full of power, not "more full of power," but he is most definitely powerful. He has the ability to make a lie seem like the truth. The only human he has failed at fooling is Jesus. Everything he says seems good for the present moment, and you know what: It normally is good for that present moment, at least good for us as an individual. It's the moments afterward that are the problem, and it's also those moments that we often don't think about. Like I said, we're like sheep - we're a bunch of stupid fools! The Bible says in Isaiah 53:6 that "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned his own way..." That's no lie, we do turn to our own way, a way in which we follow Satan!

We don't need directions to follow Satan because we're just as sinful as he is. We're born on the same road as he is walking. He just happens to be the lead dog. He's also cunning enough to keep us there if we don't listen to hard to the Lord over on the "straight and narrow."

The reason we have the Bible is because we need it. We are hopeless without God, and His primary way of communicating with us is through the Bible. The Bible is our sword, our defense against Satan and his lies and lackeys. The Bible is the inspired word of God. It's one of the few things we have to tell us how to get back to Him and His love.

Yes, it is also our instructions for living a godly life. We need instructions because we are sinful, and we don't know how to be godly without instructions. Our nature is to be selfish and sinful, like Satan, but God's nature is to be humble, giving, and perfect, which is why we need the 66 books of the Bible to tell us what to do to be godly.

The Bible is even more than that, really. Once you get to understanding everything, you can see how it even goes into teaching history and science! The Bible is more than just an instruction manual - it's a recording of the Truth - the Truth as God ordains it, which is the only Truth there is.

By the way, God is much more powerful than Satan. God created Satan, and the creation is never greater than the Creator - that's just the way life is. Regardless of what Satan says or how it looks, in the end, God will win, and I know that because "the Bible tells me so."

With love,

CLY

cly ,
Amen to that , God will win in the end as satan has no power over God. Our minister is fond of saying that satan knows the bible as well as anyone, and thats why we need to be ever vigilant. Maybe he does know the bible but , it won't do him any good. All of us need to keep each word close to us and beleive. I bet satan gets truly p.o'd at those who keep the word of God. Good thing is he can not do anything about it.

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.

Satan dose not know the bible unless one of us tells him.

It is spiritually discerned and Satan is is spiritually dead.

Or else he would not have killed Christ, because by killing him, He became a mulitude.

If Satan had known what God's was plan was Christ would still be alive and Satan would be his body guard.

What did Satan tempt Christ with in Matt 4? Scripture, but he likes to put Spin on it, twist it.

Eze 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:

Eze 28:4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:

Eze 28:5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:

Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Pride
Satan knows scripture, its just he really thinks he will win. But we have the victory!

"thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness"

That's a tough one when we realize that wisdom can get corrupted
by adding spin and pride of brightness. Since Satan was in heaven
already when pride became his problem in his relationship with God,
how about a Christian that is not yet in heaven giving in to the same
condition? I'm wondering because I notice a lot of people quoting scripture
with a proud heart obviously negating the content of a message,
so either they don't understand what they talk about, or see themselves
as standing above scripture. Is that self-righteousness or just misguided
righteous intention?

It makes me glad to hear that also this will end at some point in time.

Back