Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Bodies?

In Heaven will we have

• Physical Bodies?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spiritual Bodies?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Gendou Ikari

I was having a little discussion with my mother about whether or not we will have physical bodies in the New Heaven. And I wanted to see what the wonderful people of 123 Christian Forums thought.

I personally believe that we will stay spirit, since:

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

The Bible clearly says our body dies but our spirit stays alive.

We will be physically resurrected and bodily raised into the kingdom of God in a new physical body just as Jesus Christ has. It is an immortal, incorruptible physical body that is resurrected or changed at Jesus' return.
Our body and spirit will be reunited at this time.

Solo, do you have any Scripture to back up your claims? If so, I would love to hear them?

Gendou,

Why did you completely overlook the context of the first verse you quoted? We will have spiritual bodies:

1Co 15:35 But someone will ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?"
1Co 15:36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
1Co 15:37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain.
1Co 15:38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.
1Co 15:39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish.
1Co 15:40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.
1Co 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
1Co 15:42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
1Co 15:53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.

Jesus had this type of body, with which he could walk into a room with a closed, locked door:

Luk 24:37 But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And he said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
Luk 24:40 And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"
Luk 24:42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish,
Luk 24:43 and he took it and ate before them.

Joh 20:19 On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."

I just wanted to point out that your poll answers are misleading. The Bible says we will have spiritual bodies, but this does not mean that we remain spirit. It is a spiritually regenerated physical body.

Where is Jesus' body? It was not in the tomb. His body was resurrected. What will happen to a believer's body? It will be resurrected and reunited with the spirit of a believer.

As Free pointed out in his post, Jesus was not solely Spirit as gnostics believe, but he had a physical body that ascended to heaven.

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? 42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and did eat before them. Luke 24:36-43

Believers will have a body as Jesus has.

1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1 John 3:1-3

Sorry about the misleading poll as you say. Anyway, I think that I am going to take a brake from 123 Christian Forums in order to gather my thoughts. You understand.

May God bless the Hearts of All of You.

Farwell, for now. :-D

How are the dead raised up?

1Cr 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

1Cr 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

1Cr 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other [grain]:
like a grain of corn. The outer shell rots and from within springs forth a new plant.

1Cr 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Cr 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
4 types of flesh

1Cr 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
2 bodies
celestial bodies=spiritual bodys
terrestrial=flesh bodys

1Cr 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
meaning we are all different

1Cr 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
corruption, flesh, perishable
incorruption spiritual body

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body(flesh); it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
last Adam=Christ

1Cr 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Cr 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
earthy=flesh, terrestrial

1Cr 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

1Cr 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
Our spiritual bodies look like our flesh bodies

1Cr 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of GOD, because it is a different demention. Flesh bodys go back to dirt. Ecc 12:7, Gen 3:19

Flesh and blood. Some people take this to indicate that resurrected believers are flesh and spirit, and that a glorified body does not have blood.

I don't know if this is true or not. Interesting speculation. But it could just as easily refer to flesh and blood as it is now.

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith YHWH.

Here we have it. Flesh in the new heavens and earth.

[
Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith YHWH.

Here we have it. Flesh in the new heavens and earth.

"all Flesh" is a fiqure of speech "Synecdoche" put forth to mean "all mankind.' It doesn't mean that they are in the flesh then.

You can see the same thing in v16

Isa 66:16 For by fire and by His sword will the LORD plead with all flesh, and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Back