Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Book Discussion: Knowing God by J.I. Pakcer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
JI Packer has written some good stuff.

Some folk discover his stuff and think he is great.

Then he goes and says something and people are confused.

Well, he is Anglican. It's no use being surprised that JI Packer has certain views, because he is Anglican/Episcopalian. (This isn't evidence that he has apostasized, or something.)

Do I want to join the Anglican/Episcopalian church? Umm, no, but Packer has over the years had a lot of helpful things to say in his writings.

But no ideas or looks at a particular doctrine that stood out? I mean, his chapter on adoption had some great meat to it, and some things that took some thinking.

But no ideas or looks at a particular doctrine that stood out? I mean, his chapter on adoption had some great meat to it, and some things that took some thinking.

BB:

It's been a while since I looked at it. He also wrote 'God's words'. I think I may have been confusing the two in my mind somewhat, also.

Back