Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Born Again Brainwashing - (Must read article on conversions)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Please relax, Gambit. We're all friends here. Soma-Sight's above point had more irony to it than it did hatred, and I think you might have taken its intended tone somewhat out-of-context.

He probably meant it as a partial witticism, too. :wink:

Fundamentalism is a cult that promotes hatred, not tolerance, and separation, not love. Propaganda and brainwashing are the techniques. We have fundamentalist in all religions and yes sadly, but true Christianity. These fake Christians must be identified because they are hate mongers condemning everyone to hell and disgracing the love of Jesus Christ.

I read the article and found it interesting. I agree with many of the premises regarding human suggestibility--- I am one who always liked to study charismatic people. I wondered what made them tick. One common theme I found was the same thing the article stated in various ways: playing on one's emotions. I call it the "feel good" theorem. People allow themselves to be brainwashed because the end results often leave them feeling good, or as an escape from a perceived problem.

For example, some of the "hell fire" tactics used by evangelists scare the person into submission. However, the "feel good" part is the escape in Jesus Christ. I agree, that the person could have been bamboozled into a false danger, and it was believed, but their own "fell good" part of their personality then accepts anything as the remedy. It could be candy, ice cream or cookies (metaphoically speaking)--- they all taste good.

One word of caution--- as many true points that this article brought up, it becomes a mass-suggestion unto itself when using a scientifically sound premise, it can potentially manipulate one into conspiracy theories idealogies and scare us all.

tim_from_pa and soma,

Good posts.....

I agree that fundamentalism and closed mindedness in any religion to be ignorant and in many cases evil....

By the way. I was not trying to flame anybody with that Muslim cartoon but you have to admit it is pretty outrageous.

Hey, they look just like self-professed Christians who hate fundamental Christians.

3d5fc6cb.gif

LIBERAL CHRISTIANS REBEL AGAINST
FUNDAMENTAL CHRISTIANS

(Soma, is that you?! :wink: )

destiny said:
Isn't that the caveman in the Geico commercial?
I believe that you are right, I didn't recognize him with the glasses on! :biggrin

Those perpetual disguises needed by the unknowing are tremendous. :wink:

(Soma, is that you?! )

Yes,

I need to stop pumping iron in exchange for running....

Less testosterone and more estrogen.

More peaceful.

I used to run mini marathons 8 - 18 miles at a time.

I had no aggresion and was way more peaceful.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back