Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bring Me Something, Game

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

God's_gift

This game will enhance our knowledge and awareness to many places and countries around the Globe. It’s ok to look for the answer on books, net and from the stock knowledge in your head. :) And if you can also include the picture and some information that would be awesome!

For example
Bring me something edible from Egypt!

And the next participant will think something edible from the country of Egypt. Food or anything suitable for eating :)

My Answer: Kebab Halla Stewed Meat

Ingredient:
* 1 kg beef
* 2 onions, chopped finely
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 5-7 garlic cloves, crushed
* cooking oil
* salt and pepper
Cut beef into bite-sized cubes. Mix flour, cinnamon and seasoning and roll meat in this mixture. Cook meat, onion, and pinch of salt over very slow flame. When the juice is re-absorbed, add garlic and cooking oil and fry lightly. Add water to barely cover and cook over low heat for one hour, adding more hot water, along the side of the pot, whenever the level of the juice is too low. Serve with the juice, which should be fairly concentrated.

Ok, let’s start

Bring me something cute from Australia!

I was going to post a picture of Nick, because he is a very cute young man...

but sorry Nick, Amy's (Amilou for those who remember her here at cf.net) new bundle is even cuter... putting all three of her angels together and it's amazing that Australia can handle the cuteness:

View attachment 2452

My turn:

Bring me something eerie from Eire (Ireland)...

was thinking about koala in australia very cute ....:biggrin but anyways ,this is also true :thumbsup
I was going to post a picture of Nick, because he is a very cute young man...

putting all three of her angels together and it's amazing that Australia can handle the cuteness:

very cute angles!:thumbsup

Bring me something eerie from Eire (Ireland)...

I bring you the Skyrne Castle
skyrne.jpg

Nestled between the ancient Hill of Tara where many skeletons have been unearthed and the Gnoc Ghuil, ‘Hill of Weeping,’ lies Skyrne Castle. Built by the Norman knight, Adam de Feipo, in the 12th century, Skyrne is said to be haunted by several spectres that include a nun, and a tall, cloaked figure and his dog. But it is the spirit of a woman in white that gives Skyrne its notoriety. The ghost is believed to be that of Lilith Palmerston who was raped and murdered by Phelim Sellers in the 18th century; it is her ghastly shrieks that many believe can still be heard echoing through the castle in the dead of night.

Ok my turn again, Bring me something fierce from Brazil!

Excellent!!!! I love old Irish castles!

OK something fierce from Brazil...

There's the anaconda, of course:
View attachment 2454 but while many people are afraid of anaconda's they aren't really all that fierce... leave them alone and they wont bother you at all.

There is also the Goliath birdeater spider:
View attachment 2455 but although it looks terrifying and certainly I would run screaming from it.... it's fairly harmless to humans and quite shy, not fierce.

I think for something really fierce we should consider the piranha:
View attachment 2456 It looks quite fierce and it is... this little guy and his mates could strip the flesh off your body in a matter of minutes.

Now, bring me something pretty from Liechtenstein.

Are you kidding... moths are horrifying and I've decided against traveling through southeast Asia because I learned there are moths over there that have a wingspan of 10 inches or more... shudder!!!!

As for something pretty in baseball... I believe that Pittsburgh's very own PNC Park is considered the most beautiful baseball park in the nation... Pittsburgh is a very beautiful city, especially when one considers how polluted it used to be. Normally, I'm not a big city person and generally can't wait to get out of any city I happen to be in, but I really enjoyed Pittsburgh.

View attachment 2457

Bring me something edible from Hungary (seems appropriate!)...

Bring me something edible from Hungary (seems appropriate!)...

mentioning Hungary makes me hungry .....

Ok i bring you the traditional Hungarian dessert , Gundel Palacsinta

This traditional Hungarian dessert was among the top 10 in the desserts category in a 2010 online vote to find the nation’s favorite dishes. It was invented by famous Hungarian cook Károly Gundel (1883-1956).

Ingredients:
For the pancakes:
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
Rind of 1 lemon, grated
1/3 cup soda water
1 pinch salt
1 cup sunflower oil for frying
For the walnut filling:
1 cup cream
4 tablespoons rum
100 grams sugar
125 grams ground walnut
125 grams coarsely ground walnut
50 grams raisins
1 heaping tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the chocolate sauce:
100 grams semi-sweet chocolate
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup milk
4 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
2 teaspoon cocoa powder
3 tablespoon rum
40 grams butter
Powdered sugar
Method:
Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla sugar, lemon skin and a pinch of salt in a 2-liter bowl with a whisk. Add flour and mix until smooth. Add soda water to make the batter the consistency of a thin sour cream. Let it sit for half an hour. Oil a 200-millimeter pancake pan, heat it and put in 1/3 of a cup of batter. Tilt the pan around to spread the batter evenly. Fry each pancake for 20 seconds then turn over and fry the other side for the same amount of time. Make eight pancakes. For the filling, mix cream and sugar, bring to a boil, then add other ingredients while stirring. Cook over a very low heat for 2-3 minutes. If it is very thick, add a bit more cream. Spread the filling on the pancakes and roll them up. For the chocolate sauce, melt chocolate with milk in a half-liter pot over slow steam. Once this is done, remove from heat, quickly mix in egg yolks with a whisk, add sugar, vanilla sugar, cocoa powder, butter and rum and heat over steam while stirring for five minutes. Remove from heat and if it is too thick, add milk. Heat 20 grams of butter in a pancake pan, place 4 rolled up and filled pancakes inside and roast both sides on medium heat until light brown. Keep these pancakes warm while roasting the other four pancakes. Once they are baked, serve them on warm plates, and pour chocolate sauce on half of them, and sprinkle the other half with powdered sugar.

My turn, Bring me something round from Spain!

wow! that's 100% from sheep's milk:thumbsup

My turn, Bring me something green from Ghana.

I bring you the Kakum National Park, a home for nature lovers:thumbsup

is made up of mostly undisturbed virgin rainforest and is one of the famous national parks in Ghana. Kakum National Park is situated about 33km north of Cape Coast, Central Regional capital and about 170km from Accra. It covers an area of 350km2 (including Assin Attandanso Resource Reserve)The vegetation type is Moist evergreen rainforest with tall hardwood trees up 65m in height.

http://www.kakumnationalpark.info/

My turn, bring me something hairy from England!

hmmm gorgeous blond hair :biggrin:biggrin:heart commom that's a Prince , perfect hehehhe:biggrin:thumbsup

There ya are! I would love something from Iowa that is not a pig!

I bring you the Crystal Lake, Iowa, the home to a statue of the world's largest bullhead fish.

My turn again, bring me something juicy from France!

Tangerines and tomatoes...

Many Parisians (especially among the older generations) abstain from buying fresh produce, cheese, meat and fish from their corner supermarket, and for good reason: traditional Paris food markets count in the dozens, with several open one or more days a week in every neighborhood. Market products are often fresher, more flavorful, and less expensive than supermarket counterparts. It can also be a lot more environmentally friendly since the fresh fruit and produce in particular tends to come from local farms.
Not to mention that the Paris market experience is always a colorful and stimulating one. Fruit vendors call out the latest bargains in singsong tones, coaxing you to come sample a juicy wedge of tangerine or garden tomato. At the cheese stand, you can solicit an expert opinion on which goat cheese is best paired with the wine you bought. If you're learning French, hitting the local Paris food markets can be a great way to practice and interact. Even if you're staying in a hotel, why not take a whirl and browse the market, buying a little fresh fruit for breakfast or cheese to go with your baguette? I also recommend heading to the open-air or covered markets to get stocked up for spring or summer picnics in Paris. You'll be surprised at how wonderful a meal composed from simple, fresh and inexpensive ingredients can be-- and no doubt pleased at having foregone yet another expensive restaurant bill.

I'm looking for a cool animal..
Please bring me a cool animal from Antarctica..

Please bring me a cool animal from Antarctica..

There are no land animals that are mammals, nor any reptiles or amphibians native to Antarctica. The continent is too cold to support animal life.

However, whales, seals, birds, fish, squid , penguins and shrimp live in the waters around Antarctica. The seals and some birds remain on the continent during breeding season.

Poll%20-%202009-12-09%20-%20Antarctica%20-%20baby%20polar%20bear.jpg

Please bring me something from Italy.....

I bring you Lake Como from Italy:

Lake Como, Lago di Como in Italian, is Italy's most popular lake and also its deepest. Lake Como is shaped like an inverted Y giving it a long perimeter. The lake is surrounded by mountains and hills and dotted with beautiful villas and resort villages. There are good hiking paths, boat trips and water activities. Popular since Roman times, Lake Como is a top romantic travel destination and a great spot for photography.

lake_como_italy.jpg

Bring me something grand from Switzerland.

Bring me something grand from Switzerland.

(opens purse .... ) WHY GLADLY.

tadaa :
here you go, straight from CERN , it's The LHC (LARGE HADRON COLLIDER )

View attachment 2636

View attachment 2635

View attachment 2637

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator. It was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) from 1998 to 2008, with the aim of allowing physicists to test the predictions of different theories of particle physics and high-energy physics, and particularly that of the existence of the hypothesized Higgs boson[1] and of the large family of new particles predicted by supersymmetric theories.[2] The LHC is expected to address some of the most fundamental questions of physics, advancing human understanding of the deepest laws of nature. It contains six detectors each designed for specific kinds of exploration.

----------------------------------------------------

Would someone kindly bring me something awkward from Laos ?

Back