Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Butterfly Garden Success

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

This morning I was blessed to be led to my garden, and see the first monarch caterpillar
in my butterfly garden.
I was planting some Echinacea purpurea, and I spotted this newborn caterpillar.
They're easy to spot, with the characteristic yellow and black stripes.
It was on a blade of grass, just a baby, so, I plucked it up, and took it to a nearby
Milkweed plant, which is what it eats, before turning into a cocoon.
I'm so happy to see the Monarch butterflies have found my garden!
Caterpillar on blade of grass:
4606449148_52de663326_o.jpg

Mmmm! Milkweed leaves! My favorite (and ONLY) food!
4606449130_ed0dbcdbcd_o.jpg

My great grandma :
4605834063_84d12cb530_o.jpg

That's so cool! How pretty!! I don't get many butterflies here in TN.

I remember when I lived in Texas and they had a butterfly season. When you looked up, the sky was FILLED with butterflies of all kinds. It was sooo amazing.

nalini-dahlia said:

I remember when I lived in Texas and they had a butterfly season. When you looked up, the sky was FILLED with butterflies of all kinds. It was sooo amazing.

Oooo! When was butterfly season? I know someone who lives in Texas, could I alert them to look for this filling of the sky with butterflies? What part of Texas? Do you have any links that can show this Texas phenomena?

Biblereader said:
nalini-dahlia said:

Oooo! When was butterfly season? I know someone who lives in Texas, could I alert them to look for this filling of the sky with butterflies? What part of Texas? Do you have any links that can show this Texas phenomena?
I wish I could help more...I was only five years old so I don't remember when it was...I looked it up, and didn't get any results :verysad

I wonder, though....that was like twelve years ago I think...now that I look back on it, I don't know if it's a regular thing or if it was just something weird that happened...?

About 25 years ago, I was in the park across from my house, and I noticed a few monarchs. Then, there were more of them, and then there were thousands, covering the trees. And then they were gone. Migrating to Mexico, just passing through.

An astonishing experience, something I've never seen since. But I am so grateful to Him for letting me see it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back