Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

By the Grace of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mtwildman

Hello:
My name is Greg, I currently live in Minnesota, but my heart is still in Montana, second to being set on Gods kindom. I came across this site the other day and after reading through a few posts desided to join. A little history about myself: I grew up being drug to the Catholic church, knowing something was wrong there, as I became a bit older started running with the world, then met my wife, the preachers daughter and married at the age of 20, at that time spent 20 plus years in the Luthern religion, but once again knew there was something being taught that was not quite right. For twenty plus years I professed Christianity but was not living a true christian life. Well the LORD was not pleased with my foolish profession and desided it was time for me to get off the fence and choose that day who I was going to serve. The LORD at that time took everything away bringing me to a very humble point in my life. I lost everything, and became homeless and alone. But truly realized where I stood with the LORD. and chose to serve him from that point on. I no longer attend orginized religion, (an earthly church that is) I am now part of the true church (Jesus Christ) and a true religion (Trust in Gods teachings from his true word) no longer allowing man to tell me what God is saying, decieve my soul and telling me lies about what God teaches through scripture. I now go forth showing others they do not have to suffer heart ache and loss as I did, in order to have a relationship with Christ. You can turn from your wickedness now before God puts it to you bluntly as he did with me.
Matthew 15:7-9 (KJV)
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mark 7:6-9 (KJV)
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Friend; Come out from following the traditions of men, through this man made orginized religion they call christianity.
Joshua 24:15 (KJV)
15 .......choose you this day whom ye will serve; ..........

May God call you by his holy name (The Word of God)!

Hi . Welcome to the forum. I am new here as well . It sounds as if you have been at the breaking point and lost your faith long ago. it is good too see you returned to the Lord. I have been down the same path although never too the point where I lost everything but several friendships were severed . At the age of 31, major depression is something no one should ever have to face and shutting out important people whom want too help you is heartbreaking . some time i will share my story with you if you do not mind . but, enjoy the forums !:)

Hi . Welcome to the forum. I am new here as well . It sounds as if you have been at the breaking point and lost your faith long ago. it is good too see you returned to the Lord. I have been down the same path although never too the point where I lost everything but several friendships were severed . At the age of 31, major depression is something no one should ever have to face and shutting out important people whom want too help you is heartbreaking . some time i will share my story with you if you do not mind . but, enjoy the forums !:)

ChristianInPa: You say it sound like I lost my faith long ago! Let me clear that up. I never was in true faith. I didn't gain my faith till many years later. Growing up I had no spiriual guidance, no real guidance to speek of, I had disiplin in my life but thats about it.

I do not mind you sharing your testimony with me. Please do. Thanks.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back