Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Cain...

onelove said:
3605 kol kole or (Jer. 33:8) kowl {kole}; from 3634; properly, the whole; hence, all, any or every (in the singular only, but often in a plural sense):--(in) all (manner, (ye)), altogether, any (manner), enough, every (one, place, thing), howsoever, as many as, (no-)thing, ought, whatsoever, (the) whole, whoso(-ever).
Thank you. In light of this definition, how do you reconcile Gen. 3:20 with your theory that there were many people created on day 6 ond Adam and Eve were created on day 8?

Gen. 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all(3605) living. (KJV)

Westtexas

westtexas said:
onelove said:
3605 kol kole or (Jer. 33:8) kowl {kole}; from 3634; properly, the whole; hence, all, any or every (in the singular only, but often in a plural sense):--(in) all (manner, (ye)), altogether, any (manner), enough, every (one, place, thing), howsoever, as many as, (no-)thing, ought, whatsoever, (the) whole, whoso(-ever).
Thank you. In light of this definition, how do you reconcile Gen. 3:20 with your theory that there were many people created on day 6 ond Adam and Eve were created on day 8?

Gen. 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all(3605) living. (KJV)

Westtexas

It was in His (the Lord God's) image that The Adam was formed. We know this because in the New Testament Jesus is referred to as the last Adam. The reason for this is so that there would be a direct genetic lineage from God Almighty Himself, through the man Adam (whom God formed), and through Eve (whom God took from Adam), through Seth, all the way down through successive generations, umbilical cord to umbilical cord, through which would be born Jesus Christ (who was a virgin birth from God through Mary). Thus Jesus Christ would be the perfect Lamb - without spot or blemish - the perfect and once for all time sacrifice, for the atonement of the sins of all mankind! He was of God physically and Spiritually.

This is also why Eve is referred to as "the Mother of all living", for through her would come the Savior, Jesus Christ, and through Him all could live - eternally. Many read that Eve was the mother of all living, and confuse it to mean that she was the first woman. This is not so, actually, the word "Eve" in the Hebrew language means: "Mother of all living," the Bible interpreting it for you by saying "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living." (Gen 3:20). For Eve, and all other peoples could live eternal by the fruit of her womb, Jesus; hence it is written of Eve: "...she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety" (1 Tim 2:13-15).

There's something else. I read a work years ago called 'Sargon The Magnificent' by Bristowe. I don't know how old the work was, but I assume it was written after 1900.

What the author did was to go into the discoveries that Assyriologists had found within the Babylonian tablets unearthed in the (1800's?). There was something like five thousand Babylonian tablets discovered then, which give ancient accounts of earth history, including an account of the ancient people of Sumer who were first recorded to live in the area of Babylon, even before the Babylonians.

The Sumerians recorded a Semite coming to their land, and showing them sciences, agriculture, canal building, etc. Sargon also built the very first city of ancient Babylon per those tablets (called Urech?). They called him Sargon, and he ruled over them. He was Sargon I, and there's a mask of his facial features still existing today in the British Museum. The Assyriologists stated the Sumerians called themselves "Blackheads". Some of the tablets have carvings showing their features and culture.

One of the Assyriologists translated a date in the tablet history when Sargon I first arrived among the Sumerians. I think his name was Sace. The date first translated was around 3800 B.C. But Sace took it upon himself to discard that early date, because it didn't agree with the present theories of the field of Assyriology for that time. That was one of Bristowe's main arguements, the fact that he translated the date 3800 B.C. for Sargon, a Semite, showing up among the Sumerians who were not Semitic, and then choosing to throw that date from the tablets out in favor of the more widely held theories of the day.

Why is that 3800 B.C. date important, especially about an ancient history of a Semite the Sumerians called Sargon coming to their lands (area of ancient Babylon), establishing among them a high culture including pagan religious worship (where pagan worship began per history)?

One reason is because Bible scholars like Bishop Ussher (17th century) and other's later (like Bullinger), traced back in The Bible genealogies from the time of Christ Jesus back to the man Adam, and plotted the start date for Adam in God's Garden. It was 4004 B.C. per their chronologies. Comparing that to the time of Sargon I becomes revealing...

Adam in God's Garden - 4004 B.C.
Sargon I appears in ancient Sumer-Babylon - 3800 B.C.

If the original date 3800 B.C. for Sargon I which the Assyriologists first translated from the Babylonian tablets is more accurate, that puts only 204 years difference between the time Adam was formed, and Sargon appearing in ancient Sumer-Babylon, and building the first city there.

If the Assyriologist's translations are accurate, and the tablet history itself accurate enough, it would suggest that Sargon I could have been Cain, and ancient Sumer-Babylon as "the land of Nod." Since archaeologists also record the first history of idol worship in ancient Sumer-Babylon, which the Babylonian tablet translation associates directly with Sargon himself starting it there, that also would suggest a work by Cain.

Another thing, is that the Babylonian tablets have the oldest written record of the creation account. The Babylonian creation account is a muddied-over type story, lot of it not making sense, showing a link to what pagan religions often do with changing details of a history and adding superstituous mystical jargon to the story, essentially masking much of any real truth it might have originated from, a work to distort often done by a pagan priest caste. Still enough is left to discern that it's about the creation. What's most important is the fact that those tablets have the oldest creation account compared with other ancient peoples. Some pastors even believe the Babylonian tablet creation account is more accurate than our Bible (I totally disgree with those pastors who believe that, and would beware of those). Yet the question is HOW did the creation account originate among the ancient Sumerians in the first place? The answer again is about Sargon I.

The evidence shown from many of the Assyriologist's own statements quoted in her work reveal a man called Sargon I, with Semitic features, appeared among the ancient non-Semitic Sumerians around 3800 B.C., built the first city there, and showed them sciences, agriculture methods and advanced culture that would be the springboard for the later marvels of Babylon, and he began the first ancient practices of false pagan religious idol worship, and revealed an account of the creation that exists as the oldest written record to date, and from which he is associated with the mystical "dragon" name, and with Bel. I think that very well could have been Cain himself after God booted him out of His Garden east of Eden, to the land of Nod.

I suggest reading Bristowe's work on those things she found in the Assyriologist's discoveries, which the Assyriologists she quotes show they chose to corrupt some of their original findings within the Babylonian tablets in favor of mainstream theories.

Cain...
by NinaMMitchell on Fri May 28, 2010 1:10 pm
In Genesis, it says that after Cain killed Able, God sent him away, and Cain was worried that the people in other lands would know what he did and kill him. But God said if anyone killed him, He would punish them far more than He's punishing Abel. My question is, since Cain is the son of the first two people created, Adam and Eve, where did all these other people come from that Cain was worried were going to kill him? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or disprove the Bible, I'm seriously curious.

Genesis 1 - God created male and female and he blessed them and said to them, 'be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it'. It’s interesting that every plant yielding seed and every tree with fruit in its seed was given to man for food, while green plants were given for food to every beast of the earth and every bird of the air. It brings up some interesting scientific challenges. But Gen.1 gives us those facts. Genesis 2 tells us that before the first man was created out of the ground there was no plant of the field. The earth was watered by a mist which watered the whole face of the ground. Then God created man of dust from the ground and man became a living being. The LORD God planted a garden in Eden, in the east; and there he put man. So before Eve, there was Adam in the garden. Then Eve was created for Adam. At this point the Bible tells us they were naked and not ashamed, and remembering the facts from Gen.1, that God created male and female and he blessed them and said to them be fruitful and multiply, we can say man began to multiply. And God saw everything he had made, and behold it was very good.

We know the trespass came later, because after the trespass, God said to the woman, ‘I will greatly multiply your pain in child bearing. This would only make sense if there was pain to multiply, which suggests she had children before the trespass.

And then the Bible continues; Cain, and then Abel came after the trespass. We see Abel was a keeper of sheep; he brought of the firstlings of his flock and their fat portions. Apparently at this time men ate meat. Remembering Genesis 1, men ate only plants yielding seed and the fruit of trees before the trespass.

Therefore we can say Cain was not Eve’s first born. We might say he was her first born after the trespass. Remembering Gen.1, we can say that the earth was filled with men before the trespass and before Cain slew Abel.

onelove said:
My conclusions are based on what the scripture's say,not what I think they say.If you can't see,it's all good...

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, ad over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Can't get any clearer,Eve does not come into the picture,until the next chapter, as does Adam..

Hi onelove,

While I understand your reasoning and how you came to your conclusion based on the text which states that both Adam and Eve are not mentioned until the next chapter, scripture does this often and is typical of their style of writing. I would be more than happy to pull references if you would like, directly from Genesis.

What I would like you to take into consideration is that in Genesis 1, you will not see the word LORD anywhere to be found. What you will see, is the word God used through out the text. Now then, the word God in hebrew text is translated from Elohim and Lord is translated from YHVH as it pertains to Gen 1 and 2.

Elohim takes on the character of divine creator as words like omnipresent and all power full come to mind from our modern language while YHVH takes on the character of how Elohim interacts with his creation and is always associated with mercy and grace upon at least a portion of his beloved creation humanity.

So we see that in Genesis 1, there is a divine creator who creates everything by speaking creation into existence, which is contrary to the other popular Sumerian epics of the day pertaining to creation that say otherwise.

In Genesis 2, we see how this divine God interacts with His creation which is alos contrary to the other popular Sumerian epics of the day.

When we start to read Genesis 1 and 2 from a logical perspective as it deals with creation / humanity, it's easy to see how one would come to some of the conclusions they come to.

I hope you will take time to consider what I've written, and as an astute student of the Bible, I hope that you will search these things out, that you may find them to be true.

Mysteryman said:
NinaMMitchell said:
In Genesis, it says that after Cain killed Able, God sent him away, and Cain was worried that the people in other lands would know what he did and kill him. But God said if anyone killed him, He would punish them far more than He's punishing Abel. My question is, since Cain is the son of the first two people created, Adam and Eve, where did all these other people come from that Cain was worried were going to kill him? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or disprove the Bible, I'm seriously curious.

Hi Nina

I think the reason people struggle with this, is because of the lack of information given from within the writtings of the Word of God. One thing is for sure, Adam and Eve had daughters. Just not mentioned by name. The Word does not tell us everything in a perfect time frame. And at times with little information to go on. So it leaves many open doors for many imaginary theories.

So it is possible, that in Genesis 4:14 that Cain could be talking about his sisters.

You mentioned in your comment above, about where these other people came from.

When we come to verse 16 , this verse tells us that Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the East of Eden. It could be that Nod had not been named as of yet, but is mentioned by name for reference reasons. At this point, there is no other mention of "other people". There is a mention of the wife of Cain. And she conceived and started bearing children.

Going back to the comments of Cain in Gen. 4:14 and 15. We see the concern of Cain, and what God did . This could be talking about the future tense and not the present tense. There is good reason to believe that Adam and Eve were having daughters born during these many years they lived, prior to the birth of Seth in Gen. 4:25.

Bless

Hi, you seem to have good insight! Matt. 4:4. These verses are of interest for study as well....
Gen. 10
[31] These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.
[32] These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by [these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen.11
[1] And [the whole earth was of one language,] and of [one speech.]

--Elijah

I would like to revive this topic if anyone is interested. Besides addressing the serpent seed, which scripture continually refers to throughout history, I would like to address the fact that Adam was PLACED in the Garden after God created man and women. Only EVE was created in the garden.

dstrykr said:
I would like to revive this topic if anyone is interested. Besides addressing the serpent seed, which scripture continually refers to throughout history,

I'm not sure if "serpent seed" is a topic allowed for discussion in this forum.

dstrykr said:
I would like to address the fact that Adam was PLACED in the Garden after God created man and women. Only EVE was created in the garden.

If you know this for a fact, then the least you could do is provide source/scriptures ?

Back