Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Can fallen angels go to Heaven?

D

DMK25

You know, when satan was casted out of Heaven with the angels that followed him. I know satan is going to hell, but can the fallen angels go to Heaven? Like the giants in Noah's day, nephilim- half man half angel. Can they go to Heaven? Please do tell. Thank you

God bless you

DMK25 said:
You know, when satan was casted out of Heaven with the angels that followed him. I know satan is going to hell, but can the fallen angels go to Heaven? Like the giants in Noah's day, nephilim- half man half angel. Can they go to Heaven? Please do tell. Thank you

God bless you

Well in the Sheep n Goats judgment in Matthew 25:31-46, the devil and his angels are thrown into the fire.

As for the Nephilim.... well um... thats another highly debatable issue altogether.

In the beginning of Job, Satan goes into heaven and talks with God.

Satan is cast into the lake of fire AFTER the Millenial Reign of Christ on Earth.

And no, there is no way back for fallen angels.

DMK25 said:

God bless you

Hi there!

:smt039

Here you go...

2Pe 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

~serapha~

DMK25 said:

God bless you

DMK, I believe 'Revelation' is still future, because, John, in his vision, was 'in spirit' in the Lord's day (The Day of the Lord) Rev. 1:10. Therefore, Satan and his angels being cast down to earth has not occurred! In Rev. 12:10, he is said to be the accuser of the brethren (obviously in heaven).

The doom of Satan and his angels is the lake of fire (never called hell).

As to what place of torment (if any) that will happen to the 'angels who left their first estate' during the days of Noah and are now in dungeons of gloom (tartarus), awaiting judgment, nothing is said that I have found.

Whether any of the above spirit beings will ever enjoy something called "heaven", nothing is in the Scriptures that I know of.

Bick

I agree with serapha, however, I don't believe that this has happened yet.

2Pe 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Notice this disobedient little imp in Rev. 16. Here in verse 1 the seven angels are told to pour out the wrath of God on the earth.

Rev 16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Now notice where the fourth angel poured out his vial:

Rev 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

So.... They will one day be cast down to hell, delivered into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; but it looks as if this will take place sometime after the vial judgments.

Hi Vic. Am I bored? Of course not! These discussions help me to dig into the Bible, to know the truth.

Concerning 'the angels which kept not their first estate', it is my view they were the "sons of God' which saw the daughters of man (the Adam--Hebrew) that they were fair, and they took of them wives of all which they chose" (Gen. 6:1-2).

Details aren't given, but perhaps they entered into men, just as people became demon possessed, as in the days of Jesus on earth.

It's as if Satan sent them to try and contaminate the human race at that time, probably knowing that through the seed of the woman the serpent's (Satan's) head would be bruised (see Gen. 3:15).

I believe it is these angels God has cast into the 'caverns of gloom" awaiting their time of judging, as described in 2 Pet. 2:4-5 and Jude 6:

2 Pet. 2:4-5 "For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell (tartarus--Greek) and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; and spared not the old world. but saved Noah the eighth [person], a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly." KJV

Jude 6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." KJV

Whether or not these were Satan's angels, we are not told. If so, then I would assume they would suffer the same fate as Satan and his other angels.
If not, then it may be that after their judging, they will be allowed to return to their 'own habitation' in the heavens.

It is interesting that Paul says in 1 Cor. 6:3 "Know ye not that we shall judge angels?"

As to those "half man-half angels", one commentary states the belief that the flood came on because of these "giants". And that they would not be resurrected. I'm not sure if I believe that.

Bick

Back