Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can God Help Me In Prison?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Can God Help Me In Prison?
By Billy Graham, Tribune Media Services

Q: I've messed up my life so badly that I don't think even God could straighten it out (even if He wanted to). Now I'm in prison for several years. I can't blame God for putting me here because it's what I deserve. Maybe you can say a prayer for me. -- R.N.

A: So far, you've tried to live your life without God -- and to be honest, where has it gotten you? The Bible warns that "the way of the unfaithful is hard" (Proverbs 13:15) -- and I'm afraid your life is a tragic illustration of this truth.

Why, then, leave God out of your life any longer? Isn't it better to face the future with Him than without Him? Isn't it better to turn to Him for the strength you need, rather than rely on your own strength? I think you know the answer. The Bible says, "A fool finds pleasure in evil conduct, but a man of understanding delights in wisdom" (Proverbs 10:23). Don't stay on the path you've been on any longer, but turn from your sins and open your heart and life to Jesus Christ.

Why do I urge you to turn to Christ? First, because you need Him right now. He loves you, and He wants to come into your life to forgive your sins and set your feet on the right path. He'll also give you strength to resist temptation, and to live the way you should -- both now, and when you leave prison.

But you also need Christ for the future. One day you will die and enter eternity -- but what then? Make sure of your eternal salvation by trusting Christ and what He did on the cross for you. Don't let your failures keep you from God, but commit your life to Christ today.

========

Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: http://www.billygraham.org.

This timely Word 4 Today may well help some readers:-

All have sinned

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 3:23 NIV

Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

1 John 3:4-6 NKJV

Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

James 4:17 NLT

My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions.

Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time. It happens so regularly that it's predictable.

The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, 23but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.

Romans 7:20-23 MSG

We need a Savior because we are sinners, and the wages of sin is death...

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him.

Through the Bible in a Year - Readings for September 5

September 5: John 11:1-27, 2 Chronicles 10-11, Psalm 75

http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

Weekly Meditation 9/2 - 9/8 Called To Righteousness

He Is Risen!

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.

But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:1,2 and 20-23 ESV

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back