Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can God love anything that is intrinsically worthless?

• 1. Yes. I am worthless.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Soma-Sight

Yes i think he can. Under God's power i feel i am completely worthless.

How can you feel anything more after what Jesus did. Nothing i do can compare to what he did.

x

girlwhocant said:

How can you feel anything more after what Jesus did. Nothing i do can compare to what he did.

I think that the more appropriate word is 'unworthy'.

x

The whole central premise of Christianity unvealed....

Being told from early on in life that you are no good, worthless, and unworthy of love - even Divine Love....[/b]

And just what do you have in mind in God's creation that is intrinsically worthless Soma?

Soma-Sight said:

x

The whole central premise of Christianity unvealed....

Being told from early on in life that you are no good, worthless, and unworthy of love - even Divine Love....[/b]

I am doubting more and more each post of yours whether you are a child of God or not, as you teach more garbage than most.

The whole premise of Christianity unveiled is that we love because God first loved us.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us. 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. 1 John 4:17-21

I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazerean, and wonder how he could love me, a sinner condemned unclean.

For me it was in the Garden, He prayed "Not my will but thine." He had no tears for his own grief but sweat drops of blood for mine.

How marvelous how wonderful, and my song shall ever be. How marvelous, how wonderful is my Savior's love for me.

Redeemed How I love to proclaim it; redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Redeemd through His infinite mercy, his child and forever I am

Redeemd and so happy in Jesus, no lanquage my rapture can tell, I know that the light of his presence with me shall continually dwell.

Redeemed, redeemed, redeemed by the blood of the Lamd
Redeemed, redeemed, His child and forever I am.

These are Just a few of the songs streaming from the most basic elements
of the Gospel of Christ. If you don't undersstand the aspect of a sinner needing redemption, than I would seriously doubt your salvation.

Nothing that God has created is intrinsically worthless. It is our choice to diobey God that detracts from our "worth". But God loves us regardless, and, as I said, even the most basic scritptural doctrine. Read Romans.

Free, Solo and others,

No need to get upset and accuse me of not being a "Child of God".

It is just ever since I was a child the central theme that always stuck out in my mind as I was "indoctrinated" is the "fact" that man is worthless.

We are sinners and have NOTHING to offer God.

"Our good works are as filthy rags"
"Your good deeds cannot help you get in Heaven"
"Without Christ, God views you as a low brow demonic spawn"

Etc.

This seems to differ from the Jew's view and subsequently other religious systems that view men as "Children of the Light" intrinsically rather than "Children of the Devil" who are rotten to the core from day one.

It is our choice to diobey God that detracts from our "worth".

Actually the Bible says otherwise.

David mentions that he was "conceived in sin".

A baby when it enters the world is by default already worthless/hellbound in God's eyes without the Blood of Christ to atone him/her.

Original Sin Doctrine.

Sin is not a choice.... It is a default according to modern day bona fide Christian doctrine[/b]

And your whole point is???????

Compared to God's creation of man before sin, man was good; after sin, man's righteousness is as filthy rags. Why do we need to know that? So that we recognize that we need a savior. Otherwise we live and die in our sinful condition, bound for eternal punishment, separated from God.

Well judging from the results so far....

Most people dont buy the doctrine of "intrinsic worthlessness" even on a Christian forum.

Soma-Sight said:

Well judging from the results so far....

Most people dont buy the doctrine of "intrinsic worthlessness" even on a Christian forum.
Well those that know the truth are on the strait and narrow while those that are on their way to destruction are many and on the broad and wide path.

The $100,000 question of the day is: Can God love anything that is intrinsically worthless?

No, because there is nothing that God created that is intrinsically worthless. Since God is all loving, then everything must have worth. Or to sound cliche, "God don't make any junk."

That's Satan that said in the garden that Adam was crap. Through Eve's being deceived and Adam's own rebellion when he should have known better in affect acknowledged that lie, and thus brought everything on himself and his seed.

God's been beating His gums out throughout the generations trying to tell us otherwise, and even begotten a second Adam for us, regardless of what people, the church, or anything else have us believe about ourselves.

The whole premise of Christianity unveiled is that we love because God first loved us.
Good point Michael and in that love we find our unmeasurable worth... in the Lord.

Vic

tim_from_pa said:
No, because there is nothing that God created that is intrinsically worthless.
Soma, the above quote is the point I was alluding to in my previous post. I know what you are saying but perhaps you need to reword your question. No Christian should believe we, or anything else in Creation, is intrinsically worthless. If it were the case that we were intrinsically worthless, then it would make no sense that Christ would die to redeem us. Would God redeem something that was intrinsically worthless? Rather, it makes much more sense to believe that we are worthy of redemption, that man is so highly valuable in God's eyes that He would want to redeem us and provide a way that we can live with Him forever.

Certainly, as others have pointed out, we are unworthy of God's love, mercy, and grace because of our sinfulness, but that doesn't mean we are worthless.

Free said:
tim_from_pa said:
No, because there is nothing that God created that is intrinsically worthless.
Soma, the above quote is the point I was alluding to in my previous post. I know what you are saying but perhaps you need to reword your question. No Christian should believe we, or anything else in Creation, is intrinsically worthless. If it were the case that we were intrinsically worthless, then it would make no sense that Christ would die to redeem us. Would God redeem something that was intrinsically worthless? Rather, it makes much more sense to believe that we are worthy of redemption, that man is so highly valuable in God's eyes that He would want to redeem us and provide a way that we can live with Him forever.

Certainly, as others have pointed out, we are unworthy of God's love, mercy, and grace because of our sinfulness, but that doesn't mean we are worthless.

I think you may be missing Soma's point IMO. I think Soma posed the question possibly sarcastically to demonstrate that Christianity tends to make people feel degraded, when in fact we do have worth. In addition, even though the teaching is aimed that way, Christians still feel they are worth something based on the poll. Am I right, Soma?

Christianity only makes those who are not Christians feel degraded as they would rather live in the darkness of their own evil than to step into the light that God has given each of us. In light of the backdrop of God's righteousness, man's righteousness is as filthy rags. Until man abides in the Savior Jesus Christ, he is worthless and condemned to pass into eternity apart from God almighty.

To be without Jesus Christ in ones life, one is intrinsically worthless, and will be burned like wood, hay, and stubble.

I think you may be missing Soma's point IMO. I think Soma posed the question possibly sarcastically to demonstrate that Christianity tends to make people feel degraded, when in fact we do have worth. In addition, even though the teaching is aimed that way, Christians still feel they are worth something based on the poll. Am I right, Soma?

Yes....

If it were the case that we were intrinsically worthless, then it would make no sense that Christ would die to redeem us.

This is a good point Free.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back