Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can grace preachers explain these scriptures?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jonahmano

2 Timothy 4:7 (KJV)
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

Philippians 2:12(KJV)
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Jude 1:20-21(KJV)
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Philippians 3:11 (KJV)
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Philippians 3:14 (KJV)
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Eph_4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

sheesh ... why cant you read my mind? :)
The grace we have to be able to achieve those verses you posted comes as a gift from God, not of ourselves .

The grace we have to be able to achieve those verses you posted comes as a gift from God, not of ourselves .

the grace which I'm talking about and the grace which you are quoting are different . Ephesians 4:7 doesn't just stop there it goes well up to verse 13 and you need to understand about what gift is the Holy Spirit talking about. I have memorized the whole Ephesians It's better that we don't divert the topic. Thank you

Paul was not ignorant as to his salvation, but he had a vision to be resurrected out from among dead ones. A sample of this better resurrection might be compared with the many: not all, that had an earlier resurrection than other saints in Mat 27:52-53.
He said in Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

We are talking of reward, and Paul speaks of that to begin with in Php 3:8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ.
There is going to be a bride not all the body will qualify for. Paul chose to run a race to have God’s best.
My thoughts. :chin

I would say the work that we are able to achieve is done through obedience, by the working of His grace in us.

JLB

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

What is a "Grace" preacher and what do these scriptures have to do with Grace?

These verses all speak to Christian obedience, a requirement for eternal rewards.

But the bigger question is related to the title of this thread. Please explain what you mean by "grace preachers" vs whoever else you had in mind. Thanks.

For those who may be of the opinion that works are necessary for salvation, please consider Rom 9:30-31 and 11:6.

9:30-31 - 30What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith; 31but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law.

11:6 - But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Works play no part in obtaining salvation. Works are commanded of believers, those who are already saved.

Back