Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can I pray and believe someone into life eternal?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
An Emoji Devotions for Mon, 12 April, 2021

Topic: Can I pray and believe someone into life eternal?

By Hans Ulrich Wenger

Highlights: When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!” (Mark 2:5; 10–12)

In the Gospel of Mark we read a very astonishing story. Jesus was in Capernaum healed people and preached the Gospel. Same brave men wanted to bring a paralyzed friend, carried by four, to Jesus, but Jesus was in the house and around the house was a big crowd gathered. It was impossible for them to enter the house. So the four men climbed on to the roof of the house, heaved the man up, opened the roof and lowered him down into the house in front of Jesus’ feet.

As the man never says a word in the whole story, it may well be that even his speech was paralyzed. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Now wait a minute. Has not everyone to repent for himself? What is Jesus saying here? But this was not the only question in the room. Now, some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’?Everybody in the crowd knew that Jesus question could not be really answered, as both words are not in man’s competence. With his action Jesus made, however clear that it is never wrong to care for a beloved person. The group of man, cared for the paralyzed fellow, they believed for him and they acted decisively for him. Jesus sees that and he acknowledges it immediately. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

This is encouraging! How many people have prayed for loved ones, have believed for them and acted for them, but never saw a result. Often times I encounter people, who are disappointed with prayers because of this. The person they prayed for, they believed for, they cared for so much and they brought before Jesus every day, suddenly passed away and it seemed as everything would have been in vain. Do not think like that. The story of the paralyzed man does show us that there is a chance. Therefore carry on with your prayers and believe on. I am thinking of that single mother whose son did not find his inner peace in life. He kept being thrown back and forth. Since he was born, the mother prayed for him, believed for him and she brought him before the throne of grace every single day. As the boy was thirty one years old he committed suicide, because of an unfulfilled love. The mother was devastated, but the extraordinary story from Mark 2, has restored her hope and her faith. Finally Jesus makes clear that he has the power to forgive sins, by healing the paralyzed man and to show to the crowd that for God nothing is impossible. Jesus said then to the crowd: But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”We may not understand it, but we know that his ways are higher than ours and his thoughts are way greater and bigger than our thoughts. (Isaiah 55: 8 – 9)

Prayer: Heavenly Father, let me be a person who cares for my beloved ones, who prays for them, who believes for them and who acts for them, if necessary. Thank you that you honor my faith.

0001-19647965715_20210412_115702_0000.png

God knows the mans heart ,and not,that I don't agree fully but if we can do that then the reverse applies and God says clearly I hold each person accountable for his own sins

God knows the mans heart ,and not,that I don't agree fully but if we can do that then the reverse applies and God says clearly I hold each person accountable for his own sins
This indeed is a new teaching which I believe is possible. If God answer prayer to raise dead person to life, God can answer prayer of forgiveness through love but only the will of God will be done. There are trillion doctrines undiscovered in the Bible. It's a mystery book.

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12images (22).jpeg

This indeed is a new teaching which I believe is possible. If God answer prayer to raise dead person to life, God can answer prayer of forgiveness through love but only the will of God will be done. There are trillion doctrines undiscovered in the Bible. It's a mystery book.
I'm going to disagree ,God won't make anyone repent even in the reformed view .they must want to . you imply,that we can ask God and he will get it done without getting into a freewill or reform debate ,yes God is sovereign but will he save a man and need us to ask him to do that which he already knows ahead ,the answer is no.prayer request are a bit of a mystery ,yet God lays or trains us to pray will guide us into places to see and pray about .none of that will make him save anyone who is not interested

Can I pray and believe someone into life eternal?​

No, not successfully.

But, in the interest of efficiency and if one assumed it was possible it would be best to pray and believe EVERYONE into life eternal.

My mother believed she could pray us into the Kingdom. She worked as an enabler to iniquity by leading us kids to believe we could do as we wished and as we witnessed others doing and still think "Mom's got us covered."
Each must make their own decision for Christ and whether to obey Him. As much as we wish to bring family into the Kingdom, they must make that decision for themselves. We only delude ourselves and dilute the importance of the crucifixion for each repentant and obedient individual.

I'm going to disagree ,God won't make anyone repent even in the reformed view .they must want to . you imply,that we can ask God and he will get it done without getting into a freewill or reform debate ,yes God is sovereign but will he save a man and need us to ask him to do that which he already knows ahead ,the answer is no.prayer request are a bit of a mystery ,yet God lays or trains us to pray will guide us into places to see and pray about .none of that will make him save anyone who is not interested

Can I pray and believe someone into life eternal?​

No, not successfully.

But, in the interest of efficiency and if one assumed it was possible it would be best to pray and believe EVERYONE into life eternal.

My mother believed she could pray us into the Kingdom. She worked as an enabler to iniquity by leading us kids to believe we could do as we wished and as we witnessed others doing and still think "Mom's got us covered."
Each must make their own decision for Christ and whether to obey Him. As much as we wish to bring family into the Kingdom, they must make that decision for themselves. We only delude ourselves and dilute the importance of the crucifixion for each repentant and obedient individual.
Beloved Here is the Answer from Pastor H U Wenger in regards to the topic "can I pray and believe someone into Eternal life?"

First of all I want to thank all of you, who have taken the time for objection over this topic. Searching for the truth, lives from objection.
I am not teaching that there is a general possibility to pray people into heaven. The general rules are clear: Salvation calls for accepting Christ Jesus as the personal Savior, repentence, be born again and consequent discipleship. Now let us go back to the story in Mark 2 and look closely at it. There is obviously a group of men, who bring the paralyzed man to Jesus. It is explicitly mentioned that he was carried by four of them. To bring a man in his bed to such a gathering was then an extraordinary action. The men must have respected and loved their paralyzed friend. The story shows their resolution. They are determined to bring their friend in front of Jesus, not matter what. The crowd did not hold them back, the unlawful demolition of private property could neither stop their goal. The reaction of Jesus

is now interesting. The bible tells us: “When Jesus saw their faith” he said to the paralytic: “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
In the story it is definitely the care, the love and the faith of the men that prompts Jesus to pardon the paralytic. Not his confession or repentence. The men firmly believe that the Lord can heal their friend and nothing is too much for them to physically bring him to Jesus. Of course it may have to do something with the paralytic himself as well. He must have been a good fellow to plant such love and resolution into the hearts of his friends. Forgivness of sin is the basis of salvation. The paralytic gets saved here not because of his conversion, but because of the faith of his friends. I admit that, according to my knowledge, it is the single reference in the bible for such a pardon. That it is why we cannot make it to a doctrine to be tought, but it opens the door to the fact, that God has many possibilities and he cannot ultimately pinpointed down to a general doctrine. The shows that under special conditions, special exeptions are possible. Did the paralytic remain safed? We do not know. Ultimately we can never be sure about the salvation of another person. We can only be sure of our own salvation. I have chosen the story out of a soul-caring issue. Many Christians carelessly claim to know whether somebody is in heaven or hell. We never really know. Physically we have no possibility today to bring someone to Jesus. In prayer, however, we have the possibility to bring our loved ones to him every day. Ultimately we cannot be sure about their salvation, but we know for sure that our prayers never ever are in vain. The woman I mentioned in the devotional was desperately asking: “Where is my son now? Have all my prayers be in vain”? She was harshly told that he did not repent and therefore he would be in hell with certainty. This brought her to get suicidal herself. The story in Mark 2 opens the door that we can say: God wants that everybody gets saved and recognizes the truth. We cannot make clear statements in such cases, but there is hope. Repent for yourself, follow Jesus and keep on praying. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic: “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

Beloved Here is the Answer from Pastor H U Wenger in regards to the topic "can I pray and believe someone into Eternal life?"

First of all I want to thank all of you, who have taken the time for objection over this topic. Searching for the truth, lives from objection.
I am not teaching that there is a general possibility to pray people into heaven. The general rules are clear: Salvation calls for accepting Christ Jesus as the personal Savior, repentence, be born again and consequent discipleship. Now let us go back to the story in Mark 2 and look closely at it. There is obviously a group of men, who bring the paralyzed man to Jesus. It is explicitly mentioned that he was carried by four of them. To bring a man in his bed to such a gathering was then an extraordinary action. The men must have respected and loved their paralyzed friend. The story shows their resolution. They are determined to bring their friend in front of Jesus, not matter what. The crowd did not hold them back, the unlawful demolition of private property could neither stop their goal. The reaction of Jesus

is now interesting. The bible tells us: “When Jesus saw their faith” he said to the paralytic: “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
In the story it is definitely the care, the love and the faith of the men that prompts Jesus to pardon the paralytic. Not his confession or repentence. The men firmly believe that the Lord can heal their friend and nothing is too much for them to physically bring him to Jesus. Of course it may have to do something with the paralytic himself as well. He must have been a good fellow to plant such love and resolution into the hearts of his friends. Forgivness of sin is the basis of salvation. The paralytic gets saved here not because of his conversion, but because of the faith of his friends. I admit that, according to my knowledge, it is the single reference in the bible for such a pardon. That it is why we cannot make it to a doctrine to be tought, but it opens the door to the fact, that God has many possibilities and he cannot ultimately pinpointed down to a general doctrine. The shows that under special conditions, special exeptions are possible. Did the paralytic remain safed? We do not know. Ultimately we can never be sure about the salvation of another person. We can only be sure of our own salvation. I have chosen the story out of a soul-caring issue. Many Christians carelessly claim to know whether somebody is in heaven or hell. We never really know. Physically we have no possibility today to bring someone to Jesus. In prayer, however, we have the possibility to bring our loved ones to him every day. Ultimately we cannot be sure about their salvation, but we know for sure that our prayers never ever are in vain. The woman I mentioned in the devotional was desperately asking: “Where is my son now? Have all my prayers be in vain”? She was harshly told that he did not repent and therefore he would be in hell with certainty. This brought her to get suicidal herself. The story in Mark 2 opens the door that we can say: God wants that everybody gets saved and recognizes the truth. We cannot make clear statements in such cases, but there is hope. Repent for yourself, follow Jesus and keep on praying. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic: “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
the man had to believe for himself and want it .

he was able to talk and hear ,they had to tell him and he agreed to be carried .

that's implied by them carrying him to get to Jesus a physical act not so much a spiritual act of praying with some one won't want it .

The bible tells us: “When Jesus saw their faith” he said to the paralytic: “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
In the story it is definitely the care, the love and the faith of the men that prompts Jesus to pardon the paralytic. Not his confession or repentence. The men firmly believe that the Lord can heal their friend and nothing is too much for them to physically bring him to Jesus. Of course it may have to do something with the paralytic himself as well.
The paralytic gets saved here not because of his conversion, but because of the faith of his friends.
Their is nothing in the story to accredit with 100% confidence that the faith of the paralytic's friends caused the paralytic to be healed. This is a narrative story so one should search didactic teachings to resolve critical questions. (look at explicit scripture to explain implicit scripture ... be careful using narrative text to establish doctrine.)
Since we know that we are saved by faith from many didactic texts and since the is no mention of one person's faith causing another person salvation it is dangerous to conclude that someone's else faith can save a man.
Now, there is evidence that God blessed Abraham's offspring because of Abraham's faith ... but not blessed to the extent that all were saved.

Back