Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Can We Know From Scripture That There Will Not Be A Worldwide Nuclear Destruction Pre-Tribulation?

A world wide, pre-Tribulation, mutually assured nuclear destruction event would to have to rate some mention in scripture I would think.
We are talking about 1000's of nukes, each having100 times the power of those dropped on Hiroshima targeting all the world's major population centers.
The really significant factor in my mind from a biblical standpoint would be the fact that the unquestioned most hated race of people on the face of the earth, the Jews , and the very small nation of Israel, would be at the top of the target list for a high percentage of the world's nukes.
Granted that Israel would send out plenty of destruction itself, but still the mutually assured destruction factor is inescapable .
How could the entire nation Israel be wiped from the map,Temple mount laid flat. along with many other nations and the majority of the earth's population being killed , all before the tribulation begins and there be no mention of such a worldwide event in the scripture?
For me It would have to factor into the scripture concerning future events ,wouldn't it ?

Should nuclear war break out is there any doubt that Israel would be #1 on the list for many participants ?
With the power of today's nukes being at least 100 times that of WW2 era the Temple Mount would be reduced to a sheet of glass. A sheet of Glass made level with the surrounding terrain.
God has stated in scripture that His eyes are always upon His Holy hill .
Am I wrong in saying that God would never allow such a thing to happen, Pre-Tribulation anyway ?
For a multitude of reasons,not the least of which being the fact that we know from scripture that the Temple Mount will be in tact at the peak of the Tribulation .

"
Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 2:6
"Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion."

Scripture does say that Damascus will be rendered non-inhabitable in one night, or something like that. That would have to be a nuke in my mind. Probably will be from Israel too, they're going to push them too far.

Awhile back I was watching a video and a prophet was saying that Miami gets nuked. And if I remember right, this one will be a singular event and I seem to think they were talking pre rapture. We'll have to wait and see if this prophet is right.

So I expect a limited exchange of nuclear weapons before the end war that Jesus stops, but only limited nuke activity before the rapture if any.

Geez, I would have hated to see Hillary Clinton get in the Office of the button! You know, I don't think the deep state guys like Hillary very much. Apparently, they wouldn't rig an election for her!

I expect a limited exchange of nuclear weapons before the end war that Jesus stops, but only limited nuke activity before the rapture if any.
You think that a limited exchange of nukes is plausible once incineration of entire populations begins ?
You do know the All Bets Are Off theory of " Mutually Assured Destruction " has always been the model espoused by the world's greatest minds as being the reality that has kept the world's nukes snug in their beds up until now?
They seem to be right up until now.
Kind Regards, Consecrated Life

You think that a limited exchange of nukes is plausible once incineration of entire populations begins ?
You do know the All Bets Are Off theory of " Mutually Assured Destruction " has always been the model espoused by the world's greatest minds as being the reality that has kept the world's nukes snug in their beds up until now?
They seem to be right up until now.

Well I do hope you're right Brother and that they are wrong. But I believe it's a bit more than mutual assured destruction but don't misunderstand me, I do think that (mad) is very valid and has made many a leader sit back down and shut up, consequently, keeping the nukes underground.

But let us not forget that God is alive and well and is orchastrating world events. Remember in Job, the bad guys have to go before God in heaven and accuse us and ask permission to sift us. Many times, the Lord denies them but occassionally he says yes and then is able to use the bad situation for the human to teach him or chastise him or to test his faith.

So I don't care what man says. In these end times, we don't know exactly where on the timeline that we are. Only that things will get worse over time and that, knowledge will be increased, and it isn't hard to see that is happening. So because of that, Satan knows he doesn't have much time left so he has ramped it up already around the world. So when the bad guys ramp it up, will God not respond appropriately to the increased cries of His children and make a move for His people? Of course He will. Of course He has!

The word on the street is that God already averted a tradgedy in Seattle Wa. They say some sort of nuke or dirty bomb or something was to be set off and would have killed many many people. Somehow (Ha!) this info slightly leaked and word spread through the church and everybody (a lot of people) began praying for it to be stopped somehow. God heard them and, wow the bomb malfunctioned and did not work.

Now I'm guessing that this is news to you and you never heard it before, well, the elite did not feel it was newsworthy to be reported to the public and made them look like buffoons. So there was no coverage of it.

So a limited exchange of nukes is entirely plausible here. I mean, Almighty God loves us and will step in and make things happen.

How much stuff do you think happens behind the scenes that we know nothing about? I bet it's a lot.

Well I do hope you're right Brother and that they are wrong. But I believe it's a bit more than mutual assured destruction but don't misunderstand me, I do think that (mad) is very valid and has made many a leader sit back down and shut up, consequently, keeping the nukes underground.

But let us not forget that God is alive and well and is orchastrating world events. Remember in Job, the bad guys have to go before God in heaven and accuse us and ask permission to sift us. Many times, the Lord denies them but occassionally he says yes and then is able to use the bad situation for the human to teach him or chastise him or to test his faith.

So I don't care what man says. In these end times, we don't know exactly where on the timeline that we are. Only that things will get worse over time and that, knowledge will be increased, and it isn't hard to see that is happening. So because of that, Satan knows he doesn't have much time left so he has ramped it up already around the world. So when the bad guys ramp it up, will God not respond appropriately to the increased cries of His children and make a move for His people? Of course He will. Of course He has!

The word on the street is that God already averted a tradgedy in Seattle Wa. They say some sort of nuke or dirty bomb or something was to be set off and would have killed many many people. Somehow (Ha!) this info slightly leaked and word spread through the church and everybody (a lot of people) began praying for it to be stopped somehow. God heard them and, wow the bomb malfunctioned and did not work.

Now I'm guessing that this is news to you and you never heard it before, well, the elite did not feel it was newsworthy to be reported to the public and made them look like buffoons. So there was no coverage of it.

So a limited exchange of nukes is entirely plausible here. I mean, Almighty God loves us and will step in and make things happen.

How much stuff do you think happens behind the scenes that we know nothing about? I bet it's a lot.
Edward,
When I speak of nuclear war I am speaking of the massive missile systems in place by the world powers .
I'm talking of war between Nations, not terrorist events.
Each nation's missiles being at least 100 times more powerful than the ones which leveled Hiroshima & Nagasaki.
A dirty " bomb" as I understand it is not a nuclear bomb in that sense, but rather more designed to primarily pollute, contaminate an area with radiation.
Kind Regards, Consecrated Life.

Why do you think so ?

Sorry. I misread the question. I assumed it was asking if nuclear war is prophesied in Scripture. I realised my error sometime later, but was unable to edit my post. Senior moment 🥴

Kind regards. Niblo.

Each nation's missiles being at least 100 times more powerful than the ones which leveled Hiroshima & Nagasaki.
A dirty " bomb" as I understand it is not a nuclear bomb in that sense, but rather more designed to primarily pollute, contaminate an area with radiation.
Kind Regards, Consecrated Life.

Hmm, Terrorist events are usually focused on large population centers of the nation they want to terrorize. War centers on 2 things population centers and military targets. But Terrorists hit military targets quite frequently, as many dead US servicemen can't attest to.

It is still war Brother. The result is the same with both 'groups' steal, kill, destroy. The use of Terrorists instead of a globally declared conventional war tactic grew out of the Guerilla warfare that some nations came up with to fight the huge foe (the US). And everyone was paying attention so we all do it now. The US did it. We sent Special Forces somewhere to take out Osama Bin Laden, and we did it. So we have terrorists too! here's no difference between Terrorism and Guerilla fighting and Special Forces. Same training, modern warfare.

I bet they pulled off that assanation of Osama for less than a million dollars. Saved the US prolly 650 million dollars or more by not sending in the conventional war machine.

I wonder how much Putin has spent so far?! He's not doing so good I hear. Know why? Ukrainian Guerilla tactics, ambush, kill, fade back. God is with them people I think.

I believe that the nukeing of Damascus will be a limited exchange, or a one way hit and it's over. Scripture says it's over for Syria. It's in Isaiah

17 The burden[a] against Damascus.

“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap.
2 [b]The cities of Aroer are forsaken;
They will be for flocks
Which lie down, and no one will make them afraid.
3 The fortress also will cease from Ephraim,
The kingdom from Damascus,
And the remnant of Syria;
They will be as the glory of the children of Israel,”
Says the Lord of hosts.../(NKJV)

100 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, right? Wow. So that sounds like a nuke for sure and apparently a direct hit on Damascus. The Holy Spirit is restraining the evil forces of this world right now. Not that no one can push a button, they can and anything can happen.

If Russia tries giving Israel a hard time over there while their in Ukraine...Israel could just say oh yeah Damacus?

The whole thing just screams pre rapture to me for that event. Because if I recall correctly there's a few prophecies that have not been fulfilled, that must be fulfilled before they roll out the anti-christ.

Think about it, things get worse, one or more nukes get used, rapture, antichrist, peace treaty for 7 years (he has saved the world, all bow to him now...Ha!), then all hell breaks out 3.5 years later. It makes sense to me.

Boy, I hope he don't ask for scriptures. I'm going on memory there, but I still think this is right. I think I heard that the dome of the rock gets destroyed too at some point. And I think if that happens, boy you better sink to your knees in prayer, right then.

And Look Up, for thy Redemtion draweth close!

Sorry. I misread the question. I assumed it was asking if nuclear war is prophesied in Scripture. I realised my error sometime later, but was unable to edit my post. Senior moment 🥴

Kind regards. Niblo.

Thanks, actually I was asking if an all out nuke war was to happen, pre -tribulation, wouldn't that kind of destruction have to rate a mention in scripture, especially if Israel were to get their fair share of the destruction ?

Hmm, Terrorist events are usually focused on large population centers of the nation they want to terrorize. War centers on 2 things population centers and military targets. But Terrorists hit military targets quite frequently, as many dead US servicemen can't attest to.

It is still war Brother. The result is the same with both 'groups' steal, kill, destroy. The use of Terrorists instead of a globally declared conventional war tactic grew out of the Guerilla warfare that some nations came up with to fight the huge foe (the US). And everyone was paying attention so we all do it now. The US did it. We sent Special Forces somewhere to take out Osama Bin Laden, and we did it. So we have terrorists too! here's no difference between Terrorism and Guerilla fighting and Special Forces. Same training, modern warfare.

I bet they pulled off that assanation of Osama for less than a million dollars. Saved the US prolly 650 million dollars or more by not sending in the conventional war machine.

I wonder how much Putin has spent so far?! He's not doing so good I hear. Know why? Ukrainian Guerilla tactics, ambush, kill, fade back. God is with them people I think.
We have always had terrorisim Ed.
And we always will.
Nothing new there.
And just for the record since I did mention Israel.
No nation on earth is more on top of preventing terrorist type attacks than Israel.
A mutually assured destruction nuke attack between nations like china , India , U.S. is an entirely different animal.
This is the World War 3 type scenerio my OP was concerning.

The whole thing just screams pre rapture to me for that event. Because if I recall correctly there's a few prophecies that have not been fulfilled, that must be fulfilled before they roll out the anti-christ.

Think about it, things get worse, one or more nukes get used ...
Edward, I am thinking about " one or more " nukes being used ?
When you are talking about nations like China and U.S. that makes no sense .
In a nuclear attack it is not a process of press one button for one missile.
There are hundreds of strategic targets all pre-programed to be bombed with the push of one button .
This is where the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction comes in.
When it comes down to nuke warfare between nations there is nothing piecemeal about it.
It is in for a penny in for a pound.

When I speak of nuclear war I am speaking of the massive missile systems in place by the world powers .

Thanks, actually I was asking if an all out nuke war was to happen, pre -tribulation, wouldn't that kind of destruction have to rate a mention in scripture, especially if Israel were to get their fair share of the destruction ?

It's still warfare though. it is the same whether with terrorists or the big guys like china and so on. And so it will prolly be a limited exchange in the middle east. Syria will step on Israels toes and go to far with something, and Israel could do a retalitory strike on Damascus with a single nuke. This area is prime for something like that to happen. And Israel is belligerant tough and defiant as well as strong. I respect that of Israel very highly.

And the tribulation is all about Israel. Israel is not going to let some uppity terrorist syrians give them too much more trouble. They will swat Damascus out of existance.

At that time, the world will be ready for superman to show up so he tada now there is peace in the middle east for 7 years...so bow before me, pion! It could be as simple as that. What's the population of Damascus I wonder?

Edward, I am thinking about " one or more " nukes being used ?
When you are talking about nations like China and U.S. that makes no sense .
In a nuclear attack it is not a process of press one button for one missile.
There are hundreds of strategic targets all pre-programed to be bombed with the push of one button .
This is where the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction comes in.
When it comes down to nuke warfare between nations there is nothing piecemeal about it.
It is in for a penny in for a pound.

I actually hadn't mentioned China. Of course the first round wont be China or the US. Look at the TV, all the action is in the middle east. and with all those various small time terrorist organizations over there (Hezbelloa, Isis, the Philistines (Lol)) ....and most those guys get equipment and funding from whoever big boy that is sympathetic to their cause (lots of Chinese technology, Russian planes, missles from N. Korea. And that aint fair so the US goes and does the same thing. Beefs up all the equipment for our sympathetic nations near the bad guy 'Terrorists' with our technology so they can remain stable in the region. And this is gotten to be a shadow war of sorts where the big nations go around giving stuff away and playing the I didn't do we just helped their people, so we do do the same thing.

Like Biden did for the Taliban, remember?
Oh, wait...

Good afternoon.

Only if we assume that scripture contains endtime prophecies. I've long been sceptical about this.

Kind regards Niblo.

A world wide, pre-Tribulation, mutually assured nuclear destruction event would to have to rate some mention in scripture I would think.
We are talking about 1000's of nukes, each having100 times the power of those dropped on Hiroshima targeting all the world's major population centers.
The really significant factor in my mind from a biblical standpoint would be the fact that the unquestioned most hated race of people on the face of the earth, the Jews , and the very small nation of Israel, would be at the top of the target list for a high percentage of the world's nukes.
Granted that Israel would send out plenty of destruction itself, but still the mutually assured destruction factor is inescapable .
How could the entire nation Israel be wiped from the map,Temple mount laid flat. along with many other nations and the majority of the earth's population being killed , all before the tribulation begins and there be no mention of such a worldwide event in the scripture?
For me It would have to factor into the scripture concerning future events ,wouldn't it ?
My initial gut response is: what would the Lord have to return to?

Scripture makes it clear that the destructive plagues just prior to His return, and His return Himself will be at His hands.

People try to see helicopters in Rev 9, but I prefer to take things as written, and so there will be such creatures rising from the bottomless pit on earth.

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

These things in Revelation will be done by God, as with Egypt, in the way to show it can only be God doing such things, which is not warfare of man.

So, I don't believe God will allow man to destroy himself on earth. Like the flood, if anyone is going to do that, it will be God Himself: God is omnipotent and only allows things to happen according to His own will.

But nevertheless, for the saints in Christ Jesus, a nuke on the head would be a perfect way to go to heaven with no fuss nor muss.🙂

My initial gut response is: what would the Lord have to return to?

My initial gut response was well, before the Lord restores everything and makes all things new again...the demo work has to be done first. That's the first stage of any remodeling job. Man is just going to do most of it already for the Lord.

Back