Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Cannabis use

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

gsw331

Hello everyone, I hope all reading this are doing well. I recently converted to Christianity, and I'm so truly happy about it. I'm a cannabis user however, and I use it for a number of issues, including chronic pain, sleeplessness, and appetite problems. I only want to do what the Lord intends for us to, and I can't find a real answer on this topic. I used to use it 3 times a day and for fear of overindulgence I made it once a day at the end of the day. But I'm just trying to see if it's not ok in the eyes of the Lord. I don't become lazy or lost in the clouds like some do, I function just fine with it, so I'm not in an intoxicated state when I use it, or at least don't feel that way. Any help and clarity on the issue is very appreciated, I'm not looking for an excuse to keep using if it's bad, I just want to be sure it's something I need to give up considering how much it helps my ailments. God bless all of you!

I'm not certain why it'd be a sin, there's a great chance that God created it as it is a medicinal plant.

I think it's got a bad wrap over the years. It has been a federal crime for a long time, but some say is it because it has drug potential when abused or that people can heal their bodies with it or both? I know a lot of states have made it legal and this is always burning both ends of a rope. You're gonna have your, "I wanna be stoned out of my mind," crowd and, "I need this to survive medically," crowd.

I don't believe cannabis is a sin itself. I do believe it can become sinful when a person is using it to purposefully harm their body and their habit harms their life or their family in some way.

On a medical perspective, it's been a miracle for me and has saved me many hospital trips and taking heavy benzodiazepines that make me feel awful for days after. Some guy gave me some to try because his mom has epilepsy like I do, and we cleaned his house so it was our tip for the day and that's the type of business he runs (it's credible, though. He's got licensing and everything for it).

I couldn't believe it. My arms started tremoring or the room felt like it was spinning faster than any carousel I'd ever been on - so fast that I couldn't walk without falling. I'd chew a bud of it, I don't smoke it. Yes, it's awful tasting. It was a low THC, high CBD strain, which is what I need. Within 5 minutes, the tremors stopped and the vertigo was becoming less and less. Within 10 minutes, tremors and vertigo and other unpleasant symptoms like vertigo are gone. Within 20-30 minutes, I'm recovering, and I'm aware enough in my mind to talk and answer questions and get up and perform a task if I absolutely have to. This is safer for me and my family as it's at home and the fastest treatment ever. It beats letting symptoms get worse en route to the hospital and then being drugged up with benzo's and not being able to walk for a few days and being insanely tired.

I was glad that recreational and medical use become allowed here as I didn't have to pay $150 for a medical card, although I know it has it's own benefits. Now, if we move like we hope to in a few years, it will only be available medically so I'd probably have to get the card and see what's available. Although, I try to work on other things in my life like diet and such to increase my chances of not having to use it.

I believe it's the intention that shines light on whether God would be good with it or not.

I'm not certain why it'd be a sin, there's a great chance that God created it as it is a medicinal plant.

I think it's got a bad wrap over the years. It has been a federal crime for a long time, but some say is it because it has drug potential when abused or that people can heal their bodies with it or both? I know a lot of states have made it legal and this is always burning both ends of a rope. You're gonna have your, "I wanna be stoned out of my mind," crowd and, "I need this to survive medically," crowd.

I don't believe cannabis is a sin itself. I do believe it can become sinful when a person is using it to purposefully harm their body and their habit harms their life or their family in some way.

On a medical perspective, it's been a miracle for me and has saved me many hospital trips and taking heavy benzodiazepines that make me feel awful for days after. Some guy gave me some to try because his mom has epilepsy like I do, and we cleaned his house so it was our tip for the day and that's the type of business he runs (it's credible, though. He's got licensing and everything for it).

I couldn't believe it. My arms started tremoring or the room felt like it was spinning faster than any carousel I'd ever been on - so fast that I couldn't walk without falling. I'd chew a bud of it, I don't smoke it. Yes, it's awful tasting. It was a low THC, high CBD strain, which is what I need. Within 5 minutes, the tremors stopped and the vertigo was becoming less and less. Within 10 minutes, tremors and vertigo and other unpleasant symptoms like vertigo are gone. Within 20-30 minutes, I'm recovering, and I'm aware enough in my mind to talk and answer questions and get up and perform a task if I absolutely have to. This is safer for me and my family as it's at home and the fastest treatment ever. It beats letting symptoms get worse en route to the hospital and then being drugged up with benzo's and not being able to walk for a few days and being insanely tired.

I was glad that recreational and medical use become allowed here as I didn't have to pay $150 for a medical card, although I know it has it's own benefits. Now, if we move like we hope to in a few years, it will only be available medically so I'd probably have to get the card and see what's available. Although, I try to work on other things in my life like diet and such to increase my chances of not having to use it.

I believe it's the intention that shines light on whether God would be good with it or not.

My good friend, she makes all natural products from plants and trees. It's like a culture thing, she has like specific ways and trees that call her , and she speaks to them and gives thanks and gathers only the fallen parts never picks the tree itself, and makes products. All natural.

She studied and she's licensed to deal with plants and sell products, even some that are toxic have specific ways to use it and create a product without poisoning anyone that have benifits and healing properties i guess thats why she studied and is licenced to deal with them.

They acturally work as well. Natural healing properties. I acturally seen like inflammation and skin issues and stings and all sorts healed really quick with her natural plant products like ointments and creams and oils and all that.

She knows like every single plant that exists and can deal with it get the goodness from it. Lol.

Last edited:

I also believe that God created all things, including plants like cannabis, which may have medicinal properties. Personally, I use cannabis for medical purposes. It helps me to relax and boost my metabolism, and I even purchased a bong for smoking. Besides, It's true that some states have legalized it for various purposes, and this has raised questions within our community. I agree that using cannabis should not be seen as inherently sinful. However, as with anything, it's the intention behind its use that matters most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder: This discussion is in the Questions and Answers (Q&A) forum. The rules of this forum require that replies focus on answering the OP's questions only.

Hey All,
As far as I know, medical marijuana is completely legal as long as you have a prescription for it. I know people with glaucoma use it. It is also used by some going through chemotherapy. It eases pain without the side effects of some drugs. Why would you feel weird about using a medically prescribed substance?
It's OK.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
As far as I know, medical marijuana is completely legal as long as you have a prescription for it. I know people with glaucoma use it. It is also used by some going through chemotherapy. It eases pain without the side effects of some drugs. Why would you feel weird about using a medically prescribed substance?
It's OK.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Yes and no.

If you use it .you legally can't own or posses a gun and or also drive and in some cases with USPS work .

Personally, I don't think using cannabis is inherently sinful, especially when it's for medical reasons. God made all plants, right? It's more about how we use it and the intention behind it. I've seen it help so many people with chronic pain and other issues, so why not? Just be mindful and respectful of the laws and how it impacts your life and those around you.

Personally, I don't think using cannabis is inherently sinful, especially when it's for medical reasons. God made all plants, right? It's more about how we use it and the intention behind it. I've seen it help so many people with chronic pain and other issues, so why not? Just be mindful and respectful of the laws and how it impacts your life and those around you.
Btw, anyone familiar with Cannabis laws UK? It's a bit different over there. Peace and blessings!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back