Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Cardinals and Twins Will Win It

E

elijah23

The Cardinals and Twins will take their respective leagues this year. The Yankees will finish fourth in their division.

I sure hope you are right. Those are two of my favorite Baseball Teams. I also despise the Yankess.

Rational people despise the Yankees. (Aren’t there any Yankee fans out there to defend their team?)

40 pennants and 27 World Series wins later and it's safe to say...

The Yanks don't need defending.

Hating is envy and God don't like envy. :D

40 pennants and 27 World Series wins later and it's safe to say...

The Yanks don't need defending.

Hating is envy and God don't like envy. :D

I was an eleven year-old boy when my Cardinals took on the Yankees in 1964 and beat them, 4 games to 3, thanks in part to my hero’s (Ken Boyer) grand-slam homerun in game 5, which allowed the Cardinals to overcome a 3-run deficit and win that game 4-3. Kenny also homered in game 7. Bob Gibson pitched games 2, 5 & 7, 27 innings pitched Oct 8, 12, and Oct 15. Tim McCarver had eleven hits.

Well said Vic, but I still don't like the Yankees.
LOL, that's ok. We're all different. I like most teams unless they are playing the Yanks. :lol

I was an eleven year-old boy when my Cardinals took on the Yankees in 1964 and beat them, 4 games to 3, thanks in part to my hero’s (Ken Boyer) grand-slam homerun in game 5, which allowed the Cardinals to overcome a 3-run deficit and win that game 4-3. Kenny also homered in game 7. Bob Gibson pitched games 2, 5 & 7, 27 innings pitched Oct 8, 12, and Oct 15. Tim McCarver had eleven hits.
I was just seven. But I do remember 1968, when the Tigers beat the Cards. I believe that was the same year the Tiger's Denny McLain went 31-6.

Still a record I think. :chin

THE giants could do it again......

The Yankees used to buy wins.... Yogie jumping up and down on home plate :)

Ever read 'Ball Four' Not exactly a Christian book but sure a baseball one.

LOL, that's ok. We're all different. I like most teams unless they are playing the Yanks. :lol

I was just seven. But I do remember 1968, when the Tigers beat the Cards. I believe that was the same year the Tiger's Denny McLain went 31-6.

Still a record I think. :chin

And Bob Gibson had a 1.12 ERA (in 305 innings). They lowered the pitcher's mound after that.

THE giants could do it again......

The Yankees used to buy wins.... Yogie jumping up and down on home plate :)

I read "Ball Four" many, many years ago.

And Bob Gibson had a 1.12 ERA (in 305 innings). They lowered the pitcher's mound after that.
If I remember correctly, at one point in that season, he had a .96 era!

Yes, I read Bounton's book back in the 70s. He took a lot of heat for writing that book. :yes

And Ted Williams, who was the last to hit .400, back in 1941. He came into the last day of the season batting .400 and was given a chance to sit out the doubleheader. He chose to play and went 6-8 and wound up batting .406.

And Ted Williams, who was the last to hit .400, back in 1941. He came into the last day of the season batting .400 and was given a chance to sit out the doubleheader. He chose to play and went 6-8 and wound up batting .406.

Yea but does he have a broken bat in the Hall of Fame :chin, that he used against the Yankees.

Back