Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

CBN & TBN

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Again, not commenting on CBN...and I don't have a problem with the idea of Christian television at all...

But, TBN....I sincerely believe that many on there preach another gospel, and preach it without consequences by the network. I guess as long as the network is making money? :bigfrown

A forum like this...yes, it attracts non-believers and those who would promote false doctrines as well, but the Christians can and do counter the false with truth.

As far as Who made us judge and jury over those who would spread false gospels? God made the Church to spread the true gospel and to test the spirits. This is certainly biblical. Sitting back and allowing false prophets to use Christ's name to promote unholy and heretical doctrines is what is not OK.

mrroy, I'm not trying to pick on you per se, but I do respectfully disagree with some of your premises, I truly do...I DON'T see most on TBN being "obedient to Christ", I see them preaching falsehoods and lies.

As far as the question..."How are you involved in spreading the gospel?" How about I answer this question with another question:

Is it better for one Christian to share the true gospel to one person or for false prophets to use television to spread a false gospel to millions?

Excellent commentary! This is really what God is telling the churches in Revelation. He warns them about the things they are doing wrong and how it could lead to their destruction. So no mattter what particualr preachers we may like on TBN. The ones who promote false teachings should not be tolerated by the Christian community as a whole... "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump". The messages to the churches is clear:

Rev 2
<SUP>12</SUP> “Write this letter to the angel of the church in Pergamum. This is the message from the one with the sharp two-edged sword:
<SUP id=en-NLT-30691 class=versenum>13</SUP> “I know that you live in the city where Satan has his throne, yet you have remained loyal to me. You refused to deny me even when Antipas, my faithful witness, was martyred among you there in Satan’s city.
<SUP id=en-NLT-30692 class=versenum>14</SUP> “But I have a few complaints against you. You tolerate some among you whose teaching is like that of Balaam, who showed Balak how to trip up the people of Israel. He taught them to sin by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sin. <SUP id=en-NLT-30693 class=versenum>15</SUP> In a similar way, you have some Nicolaitans among you who follow the same teaching. <SUP id=en-NLT-30694 class=versenum>16</SUP> Repent of your sin, or I will come to you suddenly and fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

...<SUP>18</SUP> “Write this letter to the angel of the church in Thyatira. This is the message from the Son of God, whose eyes are like flames of fire, whose feet are like polished bronze:
<SUP id=en-NLT-30697 class=versenum>19</SUP> “I know all the things you do. I have seen your love, your faith, your service, and your patient endurance. And I can see your constant improvement in all these things.
<SUP id=en-NLT-30698 class=versenum>20</SUP> “But I have this complaint against you. You are permitting that woman—that Jezebel who calls herself a prophet—to lead my servants astray. She teaches them to commit sexual sin and to eat food offered to idols. <SUP id=en-NLT-30699 class=versenum>21</SUP> I gave her time to repent, but she does not want to turn away from her immorality.
<SUP id=en-NLT-30700 class=versenum>22</SUP> “Therefore, I will throw her on a bed of suffering,<SUP class=footnote value='[c]'>[c]</SUP> and those who commit adultery with her will suffer greatly unless they repent and turn away from her evil deeds. <SUP id=en-NLT-30701 class=versenum>23</SUP> I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am the one who searches out the thoughts and intentions of every person. And I will give to each of you whatever you deserve.
<SUP id=en-NLT-30702 class=versenum>24</SUP> “But I also have a message for the rest of you in Thyatira who have not followed this false teaching (‘deeper truths,’ as they call them—depths of Satan, actually). I will ask nothing more of you <SUP id=en-NLT-30703 class=versenum>25</SUP> except that you hold tightly to what you have until I come. <SUP id=en-NLT-30704 class=versenum>26</SUP> To all who are victorious, who obey me to the very end,

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back