Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Cern signing in

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Cern

Not a Christian (Pagan for 20 years actually)

I noticed that my wife and I had been mentioned in a thread here. One aspect of the comments at least is potentially misleading (although concession has been made to suggest the information may not be correct). So I thought I'd register and try to clarify the matter in the appropriate thread.

I also run a website and messageboard- Pagan and Christian Moot, that will hopefully allow faith communities to come together in a spirit of respectfully developing education on the beliefs of others, leading to greater understanding.

I am no stranger to Christian forums (although it is a few months since I regularly posted to any). So I doubt I'll be shocked, swayed or otherwise put out by some of the views expressed. I might, however, differ in opinion and perspective. But then I would be a Christian if I didn't. :)

Hope my joining doesn't cause problems for people.

Bright blessings

Mike/Cern

No problem with the rules. They don't seem too different from the rules I have at my site (except my site isn't a Christian site.) I'd be interested in how you define promotion of other faiths. Would speaking about ones personal experiences in response to a comment posted by someone else constitute promotion of another faith? Perhaps that is too general a question to answer, being something that would need to be reviewed on a post by post basis. No problem if that's the case though.

BB

Mike

Keep in mind I'm only one of many Mods here, here is my interpretation on the promotion of other beliefs. When some comes to the forums is like coming here and trying to "sell other members" what you believe. People who come to the forums who are not believers usually fall into 3 categories. 1, they like to argue with Christians... 2, they are here to "sell" their beliefs to others... 3, people who are genuinely searching to find answers to questions they have.

Usually the promotion of other religions is a judgment call, quite often we Mods will confer with one another to find a solution to an issue.

Scott said:
Keep in mind I'm only one of many Mods here, here is my interpretation on the promotion of other beliefs. When some comes to the forums is like coming here and trying to "sell other members" what you believe. People who come to the forums who are not believers usually fall into 3 categories. 1, they like to argue with Christians... 2, they are here to "sell" their beliefs to others... 3, people who are genuinely searching to find answers to questions they have.

Usually the promotion of other religions is a judgment call, quite often we Mods will confer with one another to find a solution to an issue.

That's cool. :) I presume if any posters have concerns about a judgement call of a moderator they can raise the issue with a) that moderator and/or b) other moderators (although I would expect that generally moderator decisions will be final and there will be only so far moderators will be prepared to discuss such an issue. We all have lives to get on with after all. :)) I'm sure you will all be as fair as you possibly can.

BB

Mike

Yeah, Mod decisions can be overruled by an Administrator if they have reason to believe it was unfair. I don't think that has ever happened yet though, we all are usually on the same page most of the time.

Welcome to the forums, Cern! I hope you enjoy it here! The way you are making sure you understand the rules, makes me think that you're not here to cause problems. That's very much appreciated.

Anyway, it's great to have you here! Take care!

CLY

cly said:
Welcome to the forums, Cern! I hope you enjoy it here! The way you are making sure you understand the rules, makes me think that you're not here to cause problems. That's very much appreciated.

Anyway, it's great to have you here! Take care!

CLY

Running my own forum has shown me enough of what is like being on the admin end of problems to be slow to cause them. Having said that, I've visited a few where problems are an integral feature. It is hard NOT to cause problems when they originate in the management of the forum. I've not seen any problems of that nature here. So I think we're all safe. :)

BB

Mike

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back