Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Cherubim & Seraphim...

cyberjosh

I did a site search and I surprisingly found no previous topic on this. I'm reading through Ezekiel right now and I'm a bit confused as the the exact picture being conveyed in chapter one of how the cherubim operate. They have two wings holding the expanse up (and their tips are touching) and their other two wings are covering their bodies. So how do they fly? Ezekiel said he heard a great rush of wings from the cherubim. Now on the Seraphim (which are only written of in Isaiah) it makes more sense for them because they have six wings, and their extra pair are for flying. But I'm wondering how the Cherubim fly.

Later I will (hopefully) expand this topic and I'll post what verses I can find on both angelic creatures but I'm currently confused on the issue mentioend above.

Please tell me your thoughts.

God Bless,

~Josh

I have two theories on this, either it's caused by lift and drag, or there's a great giant hamster cage wheel in it, powered by satan, his minions, evolutionists, and catholic's who only make it to purgatory.

:angel: :oops: :P :robot:

cybershark5886 said:
I did a site search and I surprisingly found no previous topic on this. I'm reading through Ezekiel right now and I'm a bit confused as the the exact picture being conveyed in chapter one of how the cherubim operate. They have two wings holding the expanse up (and their tips are touching) and their other two wings are covering their bodies. So how do they fly? Ezekiel said he heard a great rush of wings from the cherubim. Now on the Seraphim (which are only written of in Isaiah) it makes more sense for them because they have six wings, and their extra pair are for flying. But I'm wondering how the Cherubim fly.

Later I will (hopefully) expand this topic and I'll post what verses I can find on both angelic creatures but I'm currently confused on the issue mentioend above.

Please tell me your thoughts.

God Bless,

~Josh

Do they need to use their wings to fly?

Do they need to use their wings to fly?

That's a subjective question, but nonetheless Ezekiel said he heard the rush of wings (meaning they were beating). Yet the description seems to depict all four wings as consigned to one place.

The relevant verses say:

"23Under the expanse their wings were stretched out straight, one toward the other; each one also had two wings covering its body on the one side and on the other.
24I also heard the sound of their wings like the sound of abundant waters as they went, like the voice of the Almighty, a sound of tumult like the sound of an army camp; whenever they stood still, they dropped their wings.
"

If they put down their wings (which are holding up the expanse - I think) then what happens? Unless the expanse is actually floating over them rather then them carrying it.

I am not so sure that they are holding up anything.

Verse 24 says that "whenever they stood still, they dropped their wings".

So if they are holding up an expanse, are they doing so while they are moving? ANd if they stop, they drop their wings - so... does the expanse drop too?

Cherubim and seraphim

Hi Cybershark5886.

I believe the answer is in verse 1:1 of Ezek. "..the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God."

IN a vision, there is no air to worry about; the cherubim can float, spin, whirl or do anything. And there is no gravity either.

Bick

Back