Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Child Birth

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Pard

Romans 8:
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.

Childbirth is used here for one reason, which is comprised of two totally opposing ideas. The first is pain.

Childbirth is maybe the most painful thing I can think of, and I thank God each day I do not have to ever experience it first hand. Just thing what childbirth is. It is pushing, pulling, and tearing of the body. The body is pushed to its outer limit, and in many cases it is pushed beyond this limit to the point of literally ripping apart. And to compound this issue, the pain is coming from an area of the body that has more nerves in it than all the rest of the body combined! Think of that! We usually see and hear of this in terms of pleasure, but the same nerves that say "this is enjoyable" also say "I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN PLEASE JUST SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD!"

So one the one side of this concept of "childbirth" we have pain beyond imagination.

And then, on the total opposite side we have one of the greatest miracles that can ever happen: the full realization of life. Man is maybe God's greatest accomplishment. I don't say this to boast in our being, but to boast in His! Think about it. Man starts as something invisible to the eye. And turns into something that stands six feet tall. And with the birth of this new life comes amazing joy and awesome love. The mother goes from a state of utter pain to a state of utter adoration. AWESOME!

Last edited by a moderator:
As painful as child birth is the duty of Motherhood and the resposibility of Fatherhood.

The world is divided between the sexually promiscuous irresponsible West and the sexually prudent and family oriented patriarchs of Islam, China, and even North Korea.

America is divided between the Single Welfare Mothers, the Feminists, the abortion lobby, and Gays one the one side: and the conservative family oriented parents on the other.

A house divided amongst itself is falling.

Welfare cost in the 2012 Budget competes with the same exact cost for Military preparedness, $600 Billion.
Together they add to $1.2 Trillion dollars.

These figues can be understood better when one realizes that the Federal Government collects only $2.3 Trillion dollars.

I don't think I would agree with your analysis of the sexual differences between the east and the west. But...what does your post have to do with the topic of this thread?

The scripture is using a perfect analogy of childbirth with the events caused by corruption that will usher in the reign of the children of God. More thought provoking is that the entire situation has been allowed by God for the purpose of hope.

The world is divided between the sexually promiscuous irresponsible West and the sexually prudent and family oriented patriarchs of Islam, China, and even North Korea.

Really,now?

The notion of a sexually prudent and family oriented islam couldnt be further from the truth.Prostitution is rampant,as are temporary marriages,forced marriages,refugees forced into prostitution or other sex slavery.Women are regularly beaten by their husbands,females in general treated as a lower form of life.Ive spoken to many military guys deployed in those areas,and hear this much and worse.

For the sake of time I wont even comment on China or North Korea.Any random soul with an available 5 minutes and access to google can verify the innumerable human rights atrocities,in all forms,that have taken place in both countries over the years.

Please consider fact before admonishing America for their problems while praising other countries who are worse by far.

At any rate,WIP has a point about it being off-topic so Ill refrain from further commentary.

Back