Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Child Molestation & The Homosexual Movement

I've seen the correlations in multiple of other things before. It all seemed to boiled down to it's the, "I was born this way," or, "Love is love," statements. Whether the LGBTQ+ community realizes it or not, it is paving the perfect path for sexual predators.

I've seen the correlations in multiple of other things before. It all seemed to boiled down to it's the, "I was born this way," or, "Love is love," statements. Whether the LGBTQ+ community realizes it or not, it is paving the perfect path for sexual predators.
That is some leap of logic! You realize this axiom, but the LGBTQ+ community doesn't? Well, good for them! There is no basis for your condemning statement.

That is some leap of logic! You realize this axiom, but the LGBTQ+ community doesn't? Well, good for them! There is no basis for your condemning statement.

Love is defined by God, not the other way around.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

The LGBTQ society has sought to refine God in their own image and push an ungodly sexually immoral lifestyle on society.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
Revelation 21:8

JLB

Love is defined by God, not the other way around.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

The LGBTQ society has sought to refine God in their own image and push an ungodly sexually immoral lifestyle on society.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
Revelation 21:8

JLB

I disagree that the LGBTQ society has sought to refine God in their own image and push an ungodly sexually immoral lifestyle on society.

a) How have they refined God in their own image? I have never heard anyone say that God is gay.
b) I disagree that they are trying to push an ungodly sexually immoral lifestyle on society. On the contrary, they are trying to live their lives without persecution.

We are supposed to love our neighbor and not judge them. That's what the Lord says to do.

a) How have they refined God in their own image? I have never heard anyone say that God is gay.
b) I disagree that they are trying to push an ungodly sexually immoral lifestyle on society. On the contrary, they are trying to live their lives without persecution.
In the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA), the push for allowing, accepting, and even embracing openly professing and practicing gay and lesbian clergy has been a huge thorn in the church. After many years (roughly 25 years for our congregation) of discussion and prayer with no change or slowing down of that trend as well as others including universalism, our congregation along with many others were left with no choice but to disassociate and excommunicate from the ELCA.

Scripture is quite clear about the subject of homosexual behavior and its sinful nature and yet the LGBTQ community refused to accept it and even reinterpreted Scripture to fit their own ideals and narrative. I recall sitting in many synod meetings when the subject came up for discussion and how quickly they became extremely defensive and loud to prevent civil dialogue, making false claims that we didn't love them and didn't want them in the church. Neither of these accusations were close to the truth.

What they failed to acknowledge or admit is that in order to be a practicing homosexual as well as unmarried heterosexual couples requires engaging in sexual activity, fornication, and sexual promiscuity outside of marriage as defined by God and at that time even by secular law. Changing the secular law does/did not change God's position.

In the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA), the push for allowing, accepting, and even embracing openly professing and practicing gay and lesbian clergy has been a huge thorn in the church. After many years (roughly 25 years for our congregation) of discussion and prayer with no change or slowing down of that trend as well as others including universalism, our congregation along with many others were left with no choice but to disassociate and excommunicate from the ELCA.

Scripture is quite clear about the subject of homosexual behavior and its sinful nature and yet the LGBTQ community refused to accept it and even reinterpreted Scripture to fit their own ideals and narrative. I recall sitting in many synod meetings when the subject came up for discussion and how quickly they became extremely defensive and loud to prevent civil dialogue, making false claims that we didn't love them and didn't want them in the church. Neither of these accusations were close to the truth.

What they failed to acknowledge or admit is that in order to be a practicing homosexual as well as unmarried heterosexual couples requires engaging in sexual activity, fornication, and sexual promiscuity outside of marriage as defined by God and at that time even by secular law. Changing the secular law does/did not change God's position.

I'm sorry about the difficulties you've encountered. However, God's command (in both Testaments) is perfectly clear: Love your neighbor as yourself. Scripture is quite clear about a number of behaviors that are contrary to God's will.

In Romans 1, these behaviors are listed as sinful: And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless." Romans 1:28-31, NET v2.1

Unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice, envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility, gossip, slander, haters of God, insolence, arrogance, boasting, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedience, senselessness, covenant-breaking, heartlessness, and ruthlessness. 21 different sinful behaviors, including murder, are listed. Do you treat these behaviors with the same kind of disdain as you do homosexuality? BTW, not listed here are adultery, theft, drunkenness, idolatry, etc. Are those who commit these sins to be treated similarly to LGBTQs?

Again, we are told to love our neighbors as ourselves and to leave the judgement to God.

PS: the OP is about "child molestation the homosexual movement" which of course are two entirely different things. It is bizarre to connect the two. Child molestation is widely practiced by heterosexuals. Are you after them also?

-sigh-

speaking as the former flamboyantly gay dude, saved by Jesus (ongoing...9 years, now!) who is now...

healthy and foppish (not flaming, not alpha male, lol...)...

-shrug- I think the -secular government- should continue to recognize gay marriage and all the rights and benefits that go to heterosexual (mostly non-Christian!) couples, etc. obviously, I think all of "the gays" (LOL) should be protected from violence (in general) and violence motivated by anti-LGBTQI hatred (in particular...) with hate crime laws, etc. and yet...

in terms of how -I- personally choose to interpret Scripture and then attempt to apply to my own new life in Christ...

-shrug- I'm rather inclined to think that celibacy is the best, most Biblically-based option for me and I would think other people Jesus saves who were involved in homosexual behavior. It isn't just that gay is bad, its more like...

especially with gay men, monogamy is almost unheard of. rare, not the word. I mean...even the best, most suburban and cutesy gay male couple with a house in a new subdivision, an SUV, and a dog in the backyard...

probably -not- monogamous. and gay men's relationships tend to last less time than heterosexual unions, fewer result in marriage, those that do result in marriage tend to end in a higher % of divorce...

and the divorces in gay men's marriages tend to happen faster than heterosexual marriages that end in divorce. my personal take away from all this? gay male relationships are not conducive to the sort of stability offered by heterosexual unions, for whatever reasons.

so...I try to line up with The Good News, with its emphasis on repentance, forgiveness, restoration, wholeness, saved and set free...

what to make of this? -sigh- obviously, I'm not "conservative," but I am trying to apply Scripture to my own life, so...

I don't think I can pursue gay relationships. The whole thing...the lack of monogamy, the tendency towards short(er) lived relationships, the disturbingly high % of drug use and abuse (fun fact: young straight men often go to gay bars to score drugs...), the high rate of attempted suicides and completed suicides...

leads me to believe that this is not a lifestyle that is of God or compatible with Christ's message. And yet...

I think the gov't should protect LGBTQI+ people, at all levels, and offer the same sort of legal benefits that the heterosexual people get. Legal, not godly...

:)

I'm sorry about the difficulties you've encountered. However, God's command (in both Testaments) is perfectly clear: Love your neighbor as yourself. Scripture is quite clear about a number of behaviors that are contrary to God's will.

In Romans 1, these behaviors are listed as sinful: And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless." Romans 1:28-31, NET v2.1

Unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice, envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility, gossip, slander, haters of God, insolence, arrogance, boasting, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedience, senselessness, covenant-breaking, heartlessness, and ruthlessness. 21 different sinful behaviors, including murder, are listed. Do you treat these behaviors with the same kind of disdain as you do homosexuality? BTW, not listed here are adultery, theft, drunkenness, idolatry, etc. Are those who commit these sins to be treated similarly to LGBTQs?

Again, we are told to love our neighbors as ourselves and to leave the judgement to God.

PS: the OP is about "child molestation the homosexual movement" which of course are two entirely different things. It is bizarre to connect the two. Child molestation is widely practiced by heterosexuals. Are you after them also?
8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:8-10 NKJV

With regard to your reference to judging, there's a difference between judging and rebuking. Not every incident where sin is brought to the forefront is a sin of judgment. Sometimes it is a loving thing to do.

1 Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:1-2 NKJV

20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.
21 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels I charge you to keep these rules without prejudging, doing nothing from partiality.

1 Timothy 5:20-21 NKJV

19 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back,
20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

James 5:19-20 NKJV

1 And he said to his disciples, “Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come!
2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin.
3 Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him."
Luke 17:1-3 NKJV

8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:8-10 NKJV

With regard to your reference to judging, there's a difference between judging and rebuking. Not every incident where sin is brought to the forefront is a sin of judgment. Sometimes it is a loving thing to do.

1 Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:1-2 NKJV

20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.
21 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels I charge you to keep these rules without prejudging, doing nothing from partiality.

1 Timothy 5:20-21 NKJV

19 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back,
20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

James 5:19-20 NKJV

1 And he said to his disciples, “Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come!
2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin.
3 Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him."
Luke 17:1-3 NKJV
1 Corinthians 6:9-10: Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

You see, you can bold certain words and not (by omission) others, thereby editing the Bible.

Taken all together, you should regard fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, sodomites, thieves, the covetous, drunkards, revilers, and extortionists equally. Obviously few do this, including probably yourself. Why not start a thread attacking drunkards, a.k.a., alcoholics, and the damage they do to themselves, their loved ones, and society in general? They are far more of a threat to our society. How about extortioners and/or thieves?

The point I am trying to make is that going after LGBTQs is the "hatred de jour" practiced by some Christians, while other more serious social problems such as widespread theft and extortion are not mentioned.

If you want people to attack, "spring break" is coming up, with the drinking and revelry and sex. Why not go to a resort town and condemn all those young people for their blatant sins?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10: Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

You see, you can bold certain words and not (by omission) others, thereby editing the Bible.

Taken all together, you should regard fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, sodomites, thieves, the covetous, drunkards, revilers, and extortionists equally. Obviously few do this, including probably yourself. Why not start a thread attacking drunkards, a.k.a., alcoholics, and the damage they do to themselves, their loved ones, and society in general? They are far more of a threat to our society. How about extortioners and/or thieves?

The point I am trying to make is that going after LGBTQs is the "hatred de jour" practiced by some Christians, while other more serious social problems such as widespread theft and extortion are not mentioned.

If you want people to attack, "spring break" is coming up, with the drinking and revelry and sex. Why not go to a resort town and condemn all those young people for their blatant sins?
I only highlighted the ones you claimed were not found in Scripture because Paul didn't mention them in the references from Romans you shared. I wanted to show you that they are indeed found in Scripture. I was not hiding or ignoring the rest of Scripture and your accusation in itself is a violation of those very Scriptures as you pointed out - slander (giving false witness) is among them.

None of us is qualified to condemn anyone. But, that does not justify looking the other way and ignoring sinful behavior of any kind. As the Scriptures I shared show us, Jesus Himself instructs us to rebuke those in the Church for such behaviors.

I do agree with you that we of the Church are way too lax when it comes to sinful behavior. We like to cherry pick specific sins while ignoring others.

Last edited:

I have heard both sides LGBTQ+ and sexual predators both use similar arguments. While it may not be the purpose of the LGBTQ community to advance such things such as pedophilia, it still paves a path that creates, "This is me. Accept who I am."/"Love is love."/"I was born this way."

Not certain how it's a leap of logic when you have two totally different groups making similar arguments. Find these YouTube conferences on "love is love at any age" and you'll see the kind of stuff that comes up. It's all something that is not approved in God's eyes.

To realize you're debating this on a Christian forum, I'm not quite certain the answers you are expecting as a majority of the Christian community will probably tell you that homosexuality is a sin. God has made this incredibly clear that homosexuality is absolutely wrong and to attempt to change our gender or fall in love of someone of the same gender as ourselves would be rebelling against his good and perfect design that he has made for our lives.

Of course many Christians don't agree with substance abuse, lying, stealing, etc. There are many sinful behaviors in this world. The only reason we're not ranting about those at the moment is because you're insisting that homosexuality isn't wrong - it's not the topic at hand.

I disagree that the LGBTQ society has sought to refine God in their own image and push an ungodly sexually immoral lifestyle on society.

Do you believe homosexuality is an immoral lifestyle?

Do you understand that sex is only ordained by God between male and female, and as a means to reproduce mankind; to be fruitful and multiply?

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
Genesis 1:27-28

Homosexuality is forbidden. Those who partake of such immorality will be condemned to the lake of fire if they choose not to repent.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

JLB

I think all of "the gays" (LOL) should be protected from violence (in general) and violence

The gays and the sexually immoral should not be worried about what man will do to them, but rather they should be concerned what God Himself will do to them.

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. Revelation 21:7-8

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

JLB

JLB, why are you bolding only certain sins in your post? If you're going to bold sins then bold them all: fornication, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, sodomy, theft, coveting, and being drunk. They're all listed, so why not attack fornicators, idolaters, thieves, those who covet, drunks, etc? In other words, instead of loving our neighbors we should attack them, correct?

JLB, why are you bolding only certain sins in your post?

Im bolding the ones that pertain to the context of our discussion; sexual immorality.

Specifically homosexuality, as well as all sexually immorality.

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. Revelation 21:7-8

Do you believe homosexuals will inherit the kingdom of God?

JLB

Im bolding the ones that pertain to the context of our discussion; sexual immorality.

Specifically homosexuality, as well as all sexually immorality.

Do you believe homosexuals will inherit the kingdom of God?

JLB
If homosexuals have accepted Christ as their savior then they will inherit the kingdom of God.

"For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned." John 3:16-18a, NET v2.1

Romans 3:22b-24, "For there is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

I don't see homosexuals excluded here.

If homosexuals have accepted Christ as their savior then they will inherit the kingdom of God.

"For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned." John 3:16-18a, NET v2.1

Romans 3:22b-24, "For there is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

I don't see homosexuals excluded here.
I think a more accurate question would be if it was believed that a willful practicing homosexual could inherit the Kingdom of God. My answer to that question would be to ask how they could continue willfully living a life of active homosexuality and still accept Jesus Christ as their Lord? That seems to be a contradiction.

Didn't Jesus say, "If you love me, keep my commandments?" See John 14:15.

Are we getting off topic?

Back