Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Christ’s first and last Resurrection

G

Gcront

Christ’s first and last Resurrection

For if we believed that Jesus once died and rose, then also will God bring the ones that sleep in Christ with him. Here Paul is telling us that God will also bring the saints that had already died before when Christ paid his sacrifice here on the cross, no latter but with him and there is nothing about this sooner or later. This was then and there right after Christ had first risen that God would bring these many saints of old – after Christ’s very own resurrection.
This is the very first message that we find coming out of the first prophecy, coming back from Christ out of his New Kingdom twenty years after his Resurrection in AD-50, coming from the Book of First Thessalonians. 4:13-“But I would not have you be ignorant, Brethren, Concerning them which are asleep, that yea sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.â€Â
4:14-“For if we believe that Christ died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Christ will God bring with him.â€Â

Also in the Book of First Thessalonians we also find Paul, saying by the word of our Lord himself. This could have only been while Christ was still living here on earth. With this being before the resurrection of Christ, then at this very same time the dead in Christ had not risen, nor neither at this very time, had Christ yet even died. First Tess-4:15-“For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which asleep.â€Â
4:16-“For the Lord himself shall descent from heaven with a shout with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;â€Â

After the three days then came the resurrection of our Christ, Lord and Savior, once again the Great Heavens opened up with all of its great glory! With the joy of a Godly Father, the Lord God himself descended upon Heaven; with a great shout of gladness, which rung out all over the Great Heavens! Then with the voice of an Archangel, the Father went forth, and with the trump of God, Christ rose and came out of his tomb.
Not only Christ but also the ones that had sleep in Christ also followed very close behind him; these were the saints that God our Father had also brought after him. With Christ and the saints of God both coming out of their graves, we know that this had to be a great day for our Heavenly Father, the Lord God Jehovah himself. For hallowed be thy Holy Name, with the joy that then filled Heaven, for the joy of our Salvation had then been paid and had now also been fulfilled.

Then we which remain, and after we face death here on earth, then and there we shall be caught up in the clouds to meet our Lord in the air. This was one of Christ’s first prophecies, given unto Paul that became the seed of God's own Gospel, the beginning of Christ’s New Kingdom. Which was first given unto the New Testament through Paul that we should face this great light in the sky, which has been witnessed by many that have had a near death experience. This shall then become the great judgment of Christ, at this wonderful light, at the end of this great tunnel.
First Tess-4:17-“Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.â€Â
4:18-“Therefore comfort one another with these words.â€Â

Then we find in the Book of St. Matthew: 27:51-“And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;â€Â
27:52-“And the graves were opened; and many of the bodies of the saints which slept arose,â€Â
27:53-“And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.â€Â

Then we also know for sure that they didn’t then have to go back into their graves, just to please the many and also most all of our pastors, and teachers of today. These that came out of their graves were on their way into the Paradise of God, that they might stand before the throne of God, that they might be in that great number of Christ’s New Kingdom. Then shall come Christ Second Coming to rescue the saved and this shall also become his final coming with fire and brimstone destroying the condemn, when time shall be no more here on earth.
We find in the Book of Ezekiel: 37:21-“And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:â€Â
37:22-“And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.â€Â

37:23-“Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.â€Â
37:24-“And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.â€Â
37:25-“And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince forever.â€Â

With Christ being the line from David taking over his New Kingdom, the first thing that he had to do was to have Satan cast down and locked out of Heaven, this is what we find in the Book of Revelation. 12:7-“And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,â€Â
12:8-“And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.â€Â
12:9-“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.â€Â

12:10-“And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.â€Â
12:11-“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.â€Â
12:12-“Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.â€Â

This is the New Heaven and New Earth that God created, with the beginning of Christ’s New Kingdom upon the Throne of David, upon his Royal Crown of Glory, as we find in the Book of Isaiah. 65:17-“For, behold, I create new heaven and new earth: and the former shall not be remembe, nor come to mind.â€Â
65:18-“But be ye glad and rejoiced forever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem, and her people a joy.â€Â
65:19-“And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, or the voice of crying.â€Â

Thanks and God Bless You
Herbert

Back