Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Christ in Revelation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

Arj

In revelation christ refers to his father and his god.Does that make him under god and not equal with god?Also should i pray to god,ending in jesus name or should i pray just too Jesus?

At Revelation 2:18, Jesus says: "And to the angel of the congregation in Thy·a·ti´ra write: These are the things that the Son of God says, he who has his eyes like a fiery flame, and his feet are like fine copper." He then says: "The one that conquersâ€â€I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine....And to the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce´a write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God."(Rev 3:12,14)

On the day of his resurrection, Jesus told Mary: "Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God."(John 20:17) Thus, Jesus' Father is his God, just as he is our God. He is subservient to his Father, for on the night before his death, he said to his apostles that "the Father is greater than I am."(John 14:28) In addition, the apostle Paul wrote that "I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God."(1 Cor 11:3)

Furthermore, in praying to his Father, God, Jesus said that "no one comes to the Father except through me."(John 14:6) Thus, our prayers must be directed only to God through his "only-begotten Son", Jesus Christ.(John 3:16) Jesus, while on the earth, prayed to his Father and in like respect, we are to also pray only to his Father. In giving the Model or Our Father Prayer, Jesus set the example, teaching his disciples to pray for God's name (his name being Jehovah, Ps 83:18) to be "hallowed" or sanctified and for his will to take place on this earth as in heaven by means of the "kingdom".(Matt 6:9,10)

Jesus supplicated or earnestly petitioned his Father, saying just hours before his death: "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.â€Â(Matt 26:39) He told the Samaritan woman at the well, that "the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him."(John 4:23) Hence, all worship must be directed only to the Father, Jehovah God, for those wanting to worship him "with spirit and truth".

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back