Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Christ Teaches On Discipleship

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Tuesday 12-24-19, Kislev 27, 5780 3rd. day of the weekly cycle, 4th. Winter day,

Christ Speaking To Disciples Discipleship Teaching Missionary Work Last Words Twelve Disciples Finishing Strong When Jesus had finished giving instructions to His twelve disciples, He departed from there to teach and preach in their cities.

Luke Fourteen:25-35

Christ Teaches On Discipleship:

25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.

33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?

35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Reference: Proverbs Twenty Four:27

Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Discipleship means those who follow the doctrines of Christ through Gods word and

Servitude means to wait on or serve. It often denotes people who dedicate themselves voluntarily to the service of another. The servants of God are devoted to his service.

DISCIPLESHIP

Obedience: Willing to do what one is asked according to the will of God

Gods will is for all of us to love unconditionally as Christ loves us this way. We need to be obedient to one another’s needs, concerns and passions through being true to God through obedience to his word and to know his greatest commandment is love. God will put people in our path, but it is up to us to reach out to those people with the word of God and not only through word, but through action of his word as we humble ourselves to reach out to others.

John 14:15 if ye love me keep my commandments. 16 and I will pray the Father and he shall give you another Comforter that he may abide with you forever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 this is the first and great commandment. 39 and the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 40 on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Discipleship means those who follow the doctrines of Christ through Gods word and

Servitude means to wait on or serve. It often denotes people who dedicate themselves voluntarily to the service of another. The servants of God are devoted to his service.

DISCIPLESHIP

Obedience: Willing to do what one is asked according to the will of God

Gods will is for all of us to love unconditionally as Christ loves us this way. We need to be obedient to one another’s needs, concerns and passions through being true to God through obedience to his word and to know his greatest commandment is love. God will put people in our path, but it is up to us to reach out to those people with the word of God and not only through word, but through action of his word as we humble ourselves to reach out to others.

John 14:15 if ye love me keep my commandments. 16 and I will pray the Father and he shall give you another Comforter that he may abide with you forever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 this is the first and great commandment. 39 and the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 40 on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Amen, Looking at the word Discipleship as it is defined:

What is Discipleship?

Last edited:
Back