Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

TruPlay

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. Proud Christian parent of 3 - 3, 5, 8. I work full time but also a mentor for a college ministry

To be transparent, I work for TruPlay Games, a team of Christians who are building Christian Games for Children. As our children spent 50+ hours of screen time per week, it's been a worry for us Christian parents as there is so much toxic and inappropriate things online.

So our mission is to help "Redeem Screen Time" by creating beautiful, fun Christian games that promote biblical values and help kids take in God's truths. Average kids gets 30 minutes of God's word on Sundays, why not take back some of those 50+ hours and give them God's truths?

So we built TruPlay, it's an app with multiple games that kids can enjoy that Christian parents would love. No Ads or Chat rooms either because those can be dangerous. Our most recent games is King David's Battles as well as Bubble shooter. We are actively building more to add to this library of games. Check us out at >> www.truplaygames.com << and let us know what you think here.

We are also launching a kickstarter soon to bring back "Journey of Jesus", the most impactful Christian games in history that had 3M players (1M non-Christian including many Muslims). It resulted in 25000+ people attributing the game to learning about Christ that led to their salvation decisions. If you are interested in supporting us, please visit >> www.truplaygames.com/support-our-mission << to be notified when we officially launch.

QUESTION:
  • How are you all doing with your kid's screen time?
  • How do you filter or monitor what they see/play? What has worked for you?
  • What are your biggest worries?
  • Do you have an opinion on "Christian Gaming"?

Love to hear them!

Routinely, we only allow our kids a half hour on screen time on Saturdays (sometimes Fridays) if they earned it throughout the week by doing their chores faithfully. Though, sometimes we let that bleed into a bit longer time, but a half hour is the rule.

They are only able to play games either on our xbox, or desktop PC, which are in the living room and completely visible so we can see what they are doing.

Our biggest worries are when they play games where they can chat with other people online. We have had to ban games like fortnight and roblox because of what we saw in the chat sessions.

We have no problem with Christian gaming as long as the content is clean.

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. Proud Christian parent of 3 - 3, 5, 8. I work full time but also a mentor for a college ministry

To be transparent, I work for TruPlay Games, a team of Christians who are building Christian Games for Children. As our children spent 50+ hours of screen time per week, it's been a worry for us Christian parents as there is so much toxic and inappropriate things online.

So our mission is to help "Redeem Screen Time" by creating beautiful, fun Christian games that promote biblical values and help kids take in God's truths. Average kids gets 30 minutes of God's word on Sundays, why not take back some of those 50+ hours and give them God's truths?

You would do well to consider the research of Jonathan Haidt et al. on the effects of screen-time on young brains. I don't subscribe to much of what Haidt thinks, but the hard data he has shared on how very damaging screen-time is to the brains of children is extremely sobering and urgent. He echoes other researchers who as far back as a decade ago were already seeing physical and biochemical changes in the brains of children who spent regular time in front of screens - especially those who were gaming. The damage is so severe - loss of executive function, high, chronic anxiety, diminished empathy and imagination (to a near-sociopathic degree), addiction-level dependency on cell phones, etc - that Haidt has been urging parents and federal agencies to forbid access to android cell phones and tablets to anyone under the age of at least 16. Haidt recently sat down with the guys from Triggernometry and did a long interview with them, detailing the terrible harm to children who have cell-phones and tablets. You can see the interview on YouTube. Just search for Haidt and Triggernometry.

Back