Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Christian Music Poll

What Is Your Favorite Christian Music Genre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Praise and Worship is one of my favorites as it lifts up my soul and brings me close into the Spirit of God. For the most part I like a little bit of all genre's.

Music has a way of growing on you, so I can listen to just about anything if it's well done once I get acclimated to it. I wasn't raised in the country so it takes me awhile to get used to several of the genres you listed. I'm actually closer to gospel in a way, cuz it's more physical, and the black churches are more technical musically as well. I really should have been a bass player for a black gospel church, LoL. But I actually was for a few Hispanic worship teams and they can be nearly as physical and energy-oriented.

But I'm a city boy, and my family raised me on stuff like the Beatles, the Doobie Brothers, and other Classic rock bands, so that's what I was into when I came to Christ. I especially liked A.D., which was Kerry Livgren's band after he got saved and left the band Kansas. The following song was written years before he got saved and it was prophetic. He searched through religion and philosophy for years before finally coming to Christ.

I was going to post the official video, but this live recording from 2009 was decent. It's the slow version cuz they were older at this point, but with the original singer, and he could still hit the highs (Kerry's the one with the whiskers, Lol).

Carry on, my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher but I flew too high
Though my eyes could see, I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think, I still was a madman
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say

Carry on, my wayward son
Don't you cry no more

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say

Carry on, my wayward son
Don't you cry no more, no!

Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
But surely heaven waits for you

Carry on, my wayward son
Don't you cry, don't you cry no more

No more

Worship leading is one of my gifts. 25 years leading worship in three different churches. My favorite genre. Be Blessed!

I led in one of the Hispanic start ups that is now a large and established church. They didn't have anybody, so I brought a drum machine and pedals and played guitar and led. I didn't even know Spanish but we still worshiped, LoL. There were a couple of times where I came to and had forgotten where I was.

Worship is wonderful.

My favorite worship/contemporary artists were probably Watermark, because their sound was closely related to stuff I grew up with, but they brought holiness to it.

A few of my favorites would be these for starters.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back