Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christians judging and hating other Christians

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

shfam

This is a topic that I feel passionately about.

How can the world see the love of Christ in us if we constantly tear down our own brothers and sisters in Christ? I think today we've succumb to the worlds negativity and the way they criticize and put each other down but we are suppose to be salt and light to the world. First we need to set an example by encouraging and lifting each other up in love.

I love this sermon my pastor preached not to long ago and feel it's really a message for everyone.

Heather

There is a righteous kind of judgment we are to exercise with careful discernment John 7:24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” .When Jesus told us not to judge He told us not to judge hypocritically Matthew 7:2-5 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
James 5:20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul[a] from death and cover a multitude of sins.
are also important words concerning judgment.

Last edited:
There's another side to this too. Just because someone claims to be Christian doesn't make it so. We are judged by our fruit and there are many wolves in sheep's clothing to beware of. This does not mean that we are to be disrespectful and rude but in reality we that claim to be Christian need to let the light of Christ shine forth from us. We ought to be careful to offer correction with love and respect.

There's another side to this too. Just because someone claims to be Christian doesn't make it so. We are judged by our fruit and there are many wolves in sheep's clothing to beware of. This does not mean that we are to be disrespectful and rude but in reality we that claim to be Christian need to let the light of Christ shine forth from us. We ought to be careful to offer correction with love and respect.
Yes :)

Matthew 5
New King James Version (NKJV)

The Beatitudes
5 And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. 2 Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Bravo, WIP & ILoveGod! By their fruits you shall know them. They could be very well versed in scripture and have the anti-christ spirit. This is an important topic because the problem is widespread. There is one body, and the foot would not fight the hand. There must be unity, in love. If anything that a person says or does in in contradiction to scripture, then it is of the wrong spirit. I am of the mind that many who think they have the Holy Spirit, actually indeed have a different spirit.

It's all based on scripture, be suspect of anyone who disagrees with any portion of scripture or spouts some 'oh it was a bad translation' nonsense. This board is ripe with contention. A lot of debating going on. Debating builds walls brothers and sisters. Pride and vanity would be your root cause of the symptom.

Keep in mind that it is possible to hold a somewhat different belief than another and both be right. One may be in a different place in their walk with God. The scriptures are so wonderfully written (being the inspired word of God), that it's possible for two to read the same scripture, and get different facets of the truth from it. The keys being, neither will disagree or contradict any portion of scripture, and both will be fruitful.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back