Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"Concerning The Restoration Of The Gospel Of Christ"

wgp

Introducing Wm. Pinard

My name is William Pinard. My last name is french/latin. In French 'pinar' is a common word for wine; the wine that lays in the barrel just below the spigot.

In Latin, a 'pinar' was the lowest denomination coin minted by Rome, a 1/4 penny made of copper.

My forefathers immigrated from French Quebec before and then after the civil war to San Jose, CA. So I'm at least a fifth generation Californian. But they all seemed to have drinking problems; or other excuses for failure. Catholic by birth was as close as they got to God as far as I can tell. Hope I'm wrong.

I left home in a spiritual sense when I was twelve years old; asked God to come into my life, put my life back together early summer 1976 at the age of thirty-two.

I'm a common man whose only strength is to be faithful in what the Lord has revealed to me; to persevere under hardships that afflict any natural man; and to hold fast to the grace that God has given me that I might walk with the Lord in all the fruit of his Spirit.

I have always been a KJV user. In my formative years I had to separate myself from a co-worker who had taken it upon himself to 'oversee' my growth in the Lord. It's a long and painful story but when he decided to switch over to the NIV (this was around 1978 or '79) he pressured me so hard to switch over that I had to disfellowship him. There were many other issues as well. But he did force me to look into the matter of which translation to use. I came to the conclusion that there were only two translations of the bible: the KJV and all the others. And I told him so.

I also had a little epiphany experience with the Lord that really gave me the impetus to go through the slug-fest that I was about to go through. The co-worker was joined with other believers at work so I had to deal with them in their order on the KJV issue as well as other issues. They were all 'spirit filled' charismatics.

But the net result of it all was that the Lord separated me from them and the charismatic church my wife and I were attending; and took me out into the wilderness and gave me a greater revelation concerning the KJV translation and the gospel of Christ.

This is my life's work spanning over thirty years. My ministry heralds the reconstruction of The Declaration Of The Apostles and the restoration of The Gospel Of Christ.

Introducing
“The Restoration Of The Gospel Of Christâ€

I have solved the synoptic problem by using KJV scripture to reconstruct the 'declaration' referenced to in Luke 1:1; entitled The Declaration Of The Apostles acccording to william; a perfect four column harmony of the individual gospel accounts of M-M-L-J…

…and then conflated the four columns of text of M-M-L-J as ordered in The Declaration Of The Apostles acccording to william into one column of text; and with every word used in order, thereby restored the "former treatise" referenced in Acts 1:1; being The Gospel Of Christ according to william.

Luke's prologue introduces The Declaration Of The Apostles according to william.

Acts 1:1, "The former treatise have I made…" makes reference to and introduces the 'lost'/restored gospel, entitled The Gospel Of Christ according to william.

The entire work is called "The Reconstruction Of The Declaration Of The Apostles" and "The Restoration Of The Gospel Of Christ". I added no words of my own to these documents. All words were taken from the four gospel accounts of M-M-L-J according to the KJV translation.

And that is why I am joining the Bible Truth Discussion Forum. My hope is that your membership will give my work a place to be examined and reviewed.

All my files are pdf. I think that it would be best if I could first send two files: (1) The Synoptic Problem which defines the synoptic problem; and (2) William's Hypothesis which sets forth the solution to the synoptic problem.

Or if you want, I willl email you The Synoptic Problem, William's Hypothesis, The Declaration Of The Apostles, and The Gospel Of Christ.

Only the very same words found in the KJV translation of the four gospel accounts of M-M-L-J were used in constructing The Declaration; and only those very same worde of scripture were conflated into one column of text and thereby restored The Gospel Of Christ.

The solution of the synoptic problem resided in the words of the four gospel accounts of M-M-L-J according to the KJV text. As it is written, "The scripture cannot be broken."

"The Restoration of the Gospel of Christ" is a gift from the first century "eyewitnesses and ministers of the word"; that we be restored/reunited into one body by The Declaration Of The Apostles and The Gospel Of Christ as we approach the beginning of the end of the times of the Gentiles.

God bless you all.
Wm G Pinard 7.17.10

I've seen a lot of these sorts of works; the harmonizing of the four gospels. Do they need to be harmonized?

Why not just post 'em?

Good News Bob said:
I've seen a lot of these sorts of works; the harmonizing of the four gospels. Do they need to be harmonized?

Why not just post 'em?

Good News Bob,
It is not a salvation issue that the gospels be harmonized. But my walk with the Lord precipitated the reconstruction of The Declaration Of The Apostles and the restoration of The Gospel Of Christ.

I asked the Lord how he saved me;…by what law? I knew that the Lord God envoked law. And I knew that the Lord had given me his Holy Spirit. But how? By what law? What way?

So the Lord taught me the gospel. He taught me that he saved me 'according to the gospel'.

The Lord taught me the Gospel by prompting me to reconstruct the 'declaration' referenced to in Luke's Prologue. And then the Lord prompted me to conflate the text of the four-column declaration into one column of text; and thereby restore the gospel of Christ.

It took seven years. From the spring of '76 to the spring of '83. And now a gift from God…to those of us who abide in Him during these latter days of The Times Of The Gentiles…and so much more.

wgp

StoveBolts said:
From The New Member Forum
Hi again wpg.

Well, you've put a tremendous amount of work into your paper, so I feel it deserves acknowledgment. You've taken on a monumental task, and to that I tip my hat.

On page 280, you have the last supper on Thursday the 14th and Passover on Friday 15th, which would put the crucifixion and burial Friday the 14th before the 15th. (Yes, I understand the Hebrew calendar, so I know you're following).

This is why I asked you about your dates, because I had heard, and I can't quantify this, but I heard that 30AD was about 6 years off? Also, I've heard that Passover would have been on a Thursday to fulfill the sign of Jonah (3 days and 3 nights).

Just so you know, I'm intrigued by this, and considering the amount of time you've spent studying this, I'd like to know how you came up with these dates.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff,
Let me make some statements since your question requires a major written response that would serve as a 'template answer' for all such questions. And right now I do not have time to sit and write a "TCAT/Three Days And Three Nights" position paper explaining all that you would need to know.

So let me give you an abreviated answer as best I can.

Death is defined as when a man's spirit leaves the body and returns to God. But with respect to Jesus of Nazareth, he had two spirits amalgamated. Jesus had the spirit of Man and the Spirit of God; and the two were one in Christ, reconciling both man and God by the faith that is in Jesus.

On Friday at high noon being the sixth hour according to the Hebrew calendar, Jesus gave up the Holy Spirit resulting in the temple curtain beginning to rent as a darkness rose up over all the earth, until the ninth hour (being our three pm).

At the ninth hour (being our three pm) Jesus gave up his spirit resulting in his body having no life, he now being dead.

Everything is very spiritual during this time and one must 'rightly divide' the scriptures. What you are wrestling with is the 'parabolic nature' of holy scripture. The gospel is a hologram where God and man can meet and have a relationship that is both finite and infinite, both yesterday, today, and forever.

The nights are counted first because in the Hebrew calendar the night always precedes the day. The gospel's friday 'day' is the sixth 'day' of the Hebrew week. The next 'day' would be the seventh day of the week, the Sabbath Day, our saturday.

It can become somewhat confusing when the two calendar systems are used to 'time line' the gospel account. But it can be done.

Jesus was crucified on Friday being the sixth day of the Hebrew week. Saturday is the seventh day of the Hebrew week. Sunday is the first day of the Hebrew week.

On the sixth day of the week, being Friday, the first 'night' begins at the sixth hour of the day (high noon) after the Holy Spirit leaves Jesus…he now 'dead' to God, being enveloped in a darkness that rose up upon the earth at the sixth hour until the ninth hour.

On Friday, the first 'night' ends at the ninth hour (3:00 pm) when Jesus gave up his spirit…he now being both 'dead' to God and 'dead' to man.

There are two spirits and two deaths: there is the Spirit of God and the spirit of man: and there is "being dead to God" and "being dead". There is a spiritual death and a carnal death.

Jesus being dead three days and three nights is reconciled thus:

On Friday the first 'night' begins after Jesus give up the Spirit of God at the sixth hour (high noon).

On Friday the first 'night' ends after Jesus give up the spirit of Man at the ninth hour (3:00 pm) which resulted in his death.

On Friday the first 'day' begins after Jesus give up the spirit of Man at the sixth hour (3:00 pm).

On Friday the first 'day' ends at sundown after Jesus is buried.

The second 'night' begins at sundown being the beginning of the seventh day of the week, the sabbath.

The second 'day' begins at the rising of the sun on the Sabbath day, our saturday morning.

The third 'night' begins at the end of the Sabbath at sundown, our saturday evening.

The third 'day' begins at the rising of the sun on the first day of the week, being our sunday morning…or should I have said, "The third 'day’ begins at the rising of the Son?"

Well, StoveBolts, I hope this answers some of your questions
wgp

(Edit by Stovebolts to fix Quote tag)

It is my understanding that a new day starts after sunset, not at 3 in the afternoon.

Then there is the three days and three nights. This would put his death on Wed. just before sunset. But the scriptures tell us that the three days and three nights do not start until he was put into the tomb. Which means that you must start the three days and three nights from this point.

This would put his resurrection from the dead, just before total sunset on the last day of the week.

This is also a brief explanation, and a more exhausted explanation can be give. But at this time I just do not have the amount of time to give this my utmost attention. But maybe another day if one is not in a hurry.

Bless - MM

I've never heard it explained that way, (Two deaths)
Thank you for explaining it.

I do enjoy studying the Jewish culture, so the Calendar doesn't pose a problem for me, and what you wrote makes since, although it looks like you've combined the two calendar systems? I'll have to take a closer look so forgive me if I misread.

I'll ponder what you've written a few more times and see how it assimilates. :thumb

What I'm also interested in, is that I've heard that 30 AD was about, if I can remember, 6 years off? Maybe you could clarify for me? Also, Is there a calendar that if we tracked back to 30, or even 24 AD that would put the 15th of Nissan on a Friday?

Jeff

MM,
I've come to a Wednesday conclusion as well, but William seems very well thought out and he's put a lot of work into this, so I'm open to learning more. Hey, it's not a salvation issue ;)

William,

I commend you for your effort. I am sure it took countless hours. Unfortunately, your amalgamation still cannot reconcile the contradictions between the different gospels and between the gospels and historical fact. For example, we know that Cyrenius was governor of Syria beginning in 6 CE. There is no evidence that he was governor ten years earlier. You have also arbitrarily chosen the names of Joseph's father and Zerubbabel's paternal grandfather although two different names are given in the NT. Similar well-known difficulties throughout the text are glossed over in like fashion.

Your task was a noble one, if impossible.

Mysteryman said:
It is my understanding that a new day starts after sunset, not at 3 in the afternoon.

Then there is the three days and three nights. This would put his death on Wed. just before sunset. But the scriptures tell us that the three days and three nights do not start until he was put into the tomb. Which means that you must start the three days and three nights from this point.

This would put his resurrection from the dead, just before total sunset on the last day of the week.

This is also a brief explanation, and a more exhausted explanation can be give. But at this time I just do not have the amount of time to give this my utmost attention. But maybe another day if one is not in a hurry.

Bless - MM
Thanks MM. The rest is academic from that point on and is not rocket science either. Three nights and three days is what it is and anything else simply makes Jesus a liar. :shrug Also, there is no need to twist things to suggest scripture isn't clear. It is. Luke wasn't writing from any particular Jewish background, so it's unlikely he would be using their specific way of reckoning. I know about the Jews breaking up the afternoons into early and late evening.

This wasn't the case with Luke. When he writes Jesus gave up His (one and only) spirit after the ninth hour, he means three in the afternoon. Soon after that, they proceeded to take his body down from the cross. They needed to get it into the tomb before sunset. Assuming the body was laid in the tomb by sunset, this is where we begin to count:

Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

That's it, straight from the mouth of our Lord to us. Swish! All net. :D

StoveBolts said:
What I'm also interested in, is that I've heard that 30 AD was about, if I can remember, 6 years off? Maybe you could clarify for me? Also, Is there a calendar that if we tracked back to 30, or even 24 AD that would put the 15th of Nissan on a Friday?

Jeff
I agree, it's not a salvation issue. That said:
The 15th of Nissan was not on a Friday.
24AD Thursday
25AD Tuesday
26AD Saturday
27AD Thursday
28AD Tuesday
29AD Sunday
30AD Thursday
31AD Tuesday
32AD Tuesday
33AD Saturday :thumbsup
34AD Tuesday
35AD Tuesday
36AD Saturday

In all seriousness, I have more or less understood everything written here so far, except one thing.

Physicist said:

What the heck is a CE? :confused Is that some Jewish calendar thing? I always thought I knew the Jewish calendar, maybe not? :shrug

Mysteryman said:
It is my understanding that a new day starts after sunset, not at 3 in the afternoon. Then there is the three days and three nights.

wgp responds,
But the three days and three nights do not have to be a twelve hour/twenty-four hour measure of time. When the sun is shining there is light; and when the sun is no longer in the heavens then there is darkness.

Remember, you are dealing with the parabolic nature of scripture and everthing must be 'rightly divided'.

Mysteryman said:
This is also a brief explanation, and a more exhausted explanation can be given. But at this time I just do not have the amount of time to give this my utmost attention. But maybe another day if one is not in a hurry.

Yes I know how you feel. It is best to be patient with these kinds of questions.
wgp

Pard said:
In all seriousness, I have more or less understood everything written here so far, except one thing.

Physicist said:

What the heck is a CE? :confused Is that some Jewish calendar thing? I always thought I knew the Jewish calendar, maybe not? :shrug

common era = ad in old terminology
bce= before common era = bc in old terminology

Terminology gets changed over time, for example, kilocycles became kilohertz, and ad became ce.

Pard said:

Physicist said:

Pard,
"Common Era, abbreviated as CE, is one of the designations for the world's most commonly used year-numbering system.[1][2] The numbering of years using Common Era notation is identical to the numbering used with Anno Domini (BC/AD) notation, 2010 being the current year in both notations and neither using a year zero."
wgp

Sinthesis said:
StoveBolts said:

Jeff
I agree, it's not a salvation issue. That said:
The 15th of Nissan was not on a Friday.
24AD Thursday
25AD Tuesday
26AD Saturday
27AD Thursday
28AD Tuesday
29AD Sunday
30AD Thursday
31AD Tuesday
32AD Tuesday
33AD Saturday :thumbsup
34AD Tuesday
35AD Tuesday
36AD Saturday

wgp,
According to the above post, there is no mention that passover occured on a friday.
I am not trying to discount your paper, but could you validate and quantify your friday date based off the lunar cycles please.

Back