Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"Concerning The Restoration Of The Gospel Of Christ"

StoveBolts said:
Sinthesis said:
StoveBolts said:
What I'm also interested in, is that I've heard that 30 AD was about, if I can remember, 6 years off? Maybe you could clarify for me? Also, Is there a calendar that if we tracked back to 30, or even 24 AD that would put the 15th of Nissan on a Friday?
Jeff, I agree, it's not a salvation issue.
That said:

The 15th of Nissan was not on a Friday.
24AD Thursday
25AD Tuesday
26AD Saturday
27AD Thursday
28AD Tuesday
29AD Sunday
30AD Thursday
31AD Tuesday
32AD Tuesday
33AD Saturday :thumbsup
34AD Tuesday
35AD Tuesday
36AD Saturday

wgp,
According to the above post, there is no mention that passover occured on a friday.
I am not trying to discount your paper, but could you validate and quantify your friday date based off the lunar cycles please.

Stovebolts,
OK so you have a 'string' of dates that someone set forth. The synoptic problem was first thought to be a problem of chronology when the Germans/Europeans translated the koine/latin versions into their native tongues. They could not solve the problem; and for generations following those who followed in their footsteps could not solve the problem. That is why in 1775 Griesback concluded, "And to this heresy I confess."

That statement ushered in what is now known as "Higher Criticism". That's where all the new translations of the bible come from.

So there is a little history for you. I have a pdf The Synoptic Problem and William's Hypothesis that first defines the synoptic problem and then sets forth the solution. You must read these documents thoroughly before you can proceed and farther.

Also read TCAT_Oxford University Press 4.4.10.pdf which will give you a current update.

I do not recommend that you continue to try to verify my dating system until you do some research.

wgp

ps The 'key' that unlocks the synoptic problem is the order of scripture set forth in The Declaration Of The Apostles according to william.

wgp said:
I do not recommend that you continue to try to verify my dating system until you do some research.

wgp

ps The 'key' that unlocks the synoptic problem is the order of scripture set forth in The Declaration Of The Apostles according to william.

StoveBolts, I had a thought after posting that what you should do is study the 'first-again' events in the appendix. I have made reference to the 'parabolic nature' of scripture and so what you have to realize is that you cannot confirm the dating system until you have resolved other issues.

wgp

StoveBolts said:
wgp,
According to the above post, there is no mention that passover occured on a friday.
I am not trying to discount your paper, but could you validate and quantify your friday date based off the lunar cycles please.
Jeff, when Tim_from_Pa went over the calculations with me, he came up with the same results. So, if there was no Friday Passover, there was no Thursday Passover Eve, the day of the slaughtering of the lamb.

I feel Wed. is logically the correct day for the 14th. It all starts here, Mat 12:40. There is nothing to indicate any parabolic nature to Jesus' proclamation. :yes If the reference to Jonah and the clear words of our Lord in that verse are meant to indicate anything other than three days and three nights, then we are left doing this: :confused :confused

Back