Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Conques: St. Foy Tympanum

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
In the 1100's, a lot of artwork was going on, in and on churches.
This artwork is how a lot of people learned about what the bible says. They couldn't read,
or get a copy of the bible.
This tympanum, in the church at St. Foy, depicts the last Judgement.
Go through the pages, and look at the details. This church is in France, and,
the church was named for a little girl who was killed, for her faith in Jesus.

http://www.conques.com/visite5.htm

(scroll down to hit link for details of heaven and hell, in sculptures)

http://www.conques.com/visite23.htm

The artist wanted to fix into stone the dramatic moment when Christ uttered the words engraved on the small banderoles which two angels unroll on either side of his head : 34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:....41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Comment: the churches back then had NO problem talking about damnation for Christ rejectors.

http://www.greengrape.net/kazuhiro/roma ... dex_e.html

MAT 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
MAT 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What [is that] to us? see thou [to that].
MAT 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
MAT 27:6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
MAT 27:7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
MAT 27:8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

Interestingly, back then, suicide was directly attributed to demonic activity, (the demons on each side of Judas are pulling
the ropes, to hang Judas) and suicide sent you to hell.
I still believe it does, since it's breaking God's commandment to kill, and to worship yourself above God, but, I get so much flack for saying it, it's unbelievable.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back