Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Conservative National Review: Don't Vote for Trump

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
GIK0nE8XsAEcxK8

Peter Wehner, senior fellow at the Trinity Forum who served in the administrations of Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, recently wrote....

The Republican Party keeps getting darker. It has become anti-intellectual, conspiracy-minded and authoritarian, intemperate and brutish, transgressive and anarchistic. And there’s no end in sight.

Mr. Trump is a human blowtorch, prepared to burn down democracy. So is his party. When there’s no bottom, there’s no bottom.

The next 34 weeks are among the more consequential in the life of this nation. Mr. Trump was a clear danger in 2016; he’s much more of a danger now. The former president is more vengeful, more bitter and more unstable than he was, which is saying something. There would be fewer guardrails and more true believers in a second Trump term. He’s already shown he’ll overturn an election, support a violent insurrection and even allow his vice president to be hanged. There’s nothing he won’t do. It’s up to the rest of us to keep him from doing it.

Gee, I wonder if Don the Con being just fine with his supporters wanting to hang Pence had something to do with this? :rolleyes

“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.

“A person who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women,” Kelly continued. “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason – in expectation that someone will take action. A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.

“There is nothing more that can be said,” Kelly concluded. “God help us.”

Sen. Lisa Murkowski signals openness to leaving the GOP
The Alaska Republican, a vocal critic of former President Donald Trump, said she regrets that the GOP “is seemingly becoming a party of” Trump.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, a vocal critic of former President Donald Trump, signaled that she would be open to leaving the Republican Party.

Pressed on whether she is considering becoming an independent, Murkowski replied, “I’m very independent-minded,” adding, “I just regret that our party is seemingly becoming a party of Donald Trump.”..

The Alaska Republican also reiterated her stance against voting for Trump in the 2024 presidential election.

“I wish that as Republicans, we had a nominee that I could get behind. I certainly can’t get behind Donald Trump,” she said.

Trump’s Former Defense Secretary Tells Bill Maher He Is ‘Definitely Not’ Voting for Ex Boss

Donald Trump’s former Secretary of Defense revealed on Friday that he will not be voting for his former boss...

“I’m definitely not voting for Trump, but I’m not there yet,” he replied. When Maher pressed him, Esper doubled-down.

“There’s no way I’ll vote for Trump, but every day that Trump does something crazy, the door to voting for Biden opens a little bit more, and that’s where I’m at,” Esper said.

Karl Rove:

"And what those people did when they violently attacked the Capitol, in order to stop a constitutionally mandated meeting of the Congress to accept the results of the Electoral College, is a stain on our history. And every one of those [SOBs] who did that, we oughta find them, try them, and send them to jail.

And one of the critical mistakes made in this campaign is that Donald Trump has now said, ‘I’m going to pardon those people because they’re hostages.’ No, they’re not. They’re thugs. There were people—some of them had automatic weapons at a hotel in Virginia hoping to be able to be called up...hunted Nancy Pelosi, and chanted “kill them all.”

And so, why Trump has done this is beyond me. If he had said, ‘You know what? I trust our jury system, I trust law enforcement, anybody who assaulted the Capitol oughta be’—I mean, he said it once or twice, but now he’s appearing in a video with people who assaulted police officers with an intent to take the Capitol by force.”

Karl Rove:

"And what those people did when they violently attacked the Capitol, in order to stop a constitutionally mandated meeting of the Congress to accept the results of the Electoral College, is a stain on our history. And every one of those [SOBs] who did that, we oughta find them, try them, and send them to jail.

And one of the critical mistakes made in this campaign is that Donald Trump has now said, ‘I’m going to pardon those people because they’re hostages.’ No, they’re not. They’re thugs. There were people—some of them had automatic weapons at a hotel in Virginia hoping to be able to be called up...hunted Nancy Pelosi, and chanted “kill them all.”

And so, why Trump has done this is beyond me. If he had said, ‘You know what? I trust our jury system, I trust law enforcement, anybody who assaulted the Capitol oughta be’—I mean, he said it once or twice, but now he’s appearing in a video with people who assaulted police officers with an intent to take the Capitol by force.”
With all the terrible things that Trump has done , how do reconcile in your mind the fact that he leads in the polls.
You must at some point rationalize that fact somehow just to yourself ?
Or do you just avoid thinking about it ?
If you don't avoid it , How do you explain it ?

NBC NEWS NOW

Trump leads Biden in key swing states, new polls show

Create your free profile or log in to save this video

Former President Donald Trump is leading President Biden in several key swing states, according to new polling by the Wall Street Journal. Trump is leading in six battleground states which is a major reversal from 2020 when Biden won all but one. NBC News' Garret Hake breaks down the numbers and what this means for both candidates. April 3, 2024

Here's a disappointing, but not surprising, aspect of Donald's tax cuts for the super wealthy I wasn't previously aware of. Basically, when Don the Con and Republicans passed their tax giveaways to the rich, they made up for the lost revenue through other channels, such as capping the deductions for state and local taxes, limiting deductions for people who had lost their property due to floods, fires and earthquakes, and.....

....eliminating the tax deduction for those victimized by frauds or scams.

And just who are the primary victims of scams? The elderly.

So in order to pay for Donald's massive tax breaks for the very rich, he and the Republican Congress effectively raised taxes on homeowners, victims of disasters, and people who lost money via scams.

And let's not forget that Donald actually bragged about all this to his rich buddies!

And he wants to do it all even more.....

Republican Voters Against Trump released a new ad....

Pretty good question. If Don the Con couldn't even get hired at a mall, why would we want him in the White House?

Back