Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Continual Deeper & deeper walk with God

I have a better question. Are you struggling with certain sins? If so do you want to overcome these sins? If you do there is good news through the new covenant ratified by the blood of God Himself. I hear what I heard from your own words.

Not sure what this has to do with what I wrote...

Yes, there is the best of news in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but a person's response to it is only the beginning of a journey with God that opens up great depths of spiritual truth and experience. Christ's shed blood at Calvary cleanses us from the stain of sin and its eternal penalty but the power of sin is broken by the cross of Christ and our co-crucifixion with him on it (See: Romans 6:1-11; Galatians 2:20; Galatians 5:24; Colossians 3:1-14, etc.). Do you understand the truth of identification, of your spiritual union, with Christ in his death, burial and resurrection? A "just come out" approach to dealing with sin suggests that you may not.

You would have to undo some of the doctrines of demons predominant in your western church thinking process. It's not easy when certain mindsets are ingrained not based off scripture.

??? Friend, I offered several Scripture references in support of my comments. Did you bother to read them and try to understand why I offered them? It doesn't seem, from what you wrote here, that you did...

Paul in Hebrews warned Christians of unbelief causing them to not enter into His promises and His rest.

Hebrews 3:19 KJV — So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Hebrews 4:6 KJV — Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Hebrews 4:11 KJV — Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Understanding the necessity of faith in walking with God is only the beginning of what it is to live in spiritual victory with Him. Faith is vital, absolutely. But it is by no means the sum-total of the answer to sin in a believer's life.

You can walk in a place of personal revival and you can be ye perfect even as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Amen. So can you. In fact, the moment you were born-again you were made, by the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, fully justified and sanctified in Christ. (1 Corinthians 1:2, 30; Titus 3:5-8) What remains is to learn to reflect what is true of you spiritually in Christ in your daily living - what is called practical sanctification, by some.

Christ is not a cruel Lord commanding something knowing it was impossible. In fact, this is normal Christianity.

Uh huh. Right.

This is a healthy growing Christian that continues to grow not in head knowledge but in spirit with the word of God working mightily in him and the grace of God is evident 8n their life.

I can't say I much like these Christian slogans. They appear to communicate important truth but often they are used to cover ignorance of God's truth. What, exactly, do you mean by "grow in the Spirit with the word of God working mightily in you...the grace of God evident in your life"? What's this look like in your own daily experience of God?

The Christian who saw His Lord as a hard master buried His talent and he is cast out. He is the foolish one that built his house on sand. Neither did not overcome. Both names that we're mist likely removed.

???

No one's building on sand in our exchange - at least, I'm not...

If you are walking in habitual sin it is a sign you may not become born again.

It might mean a person is not yet born-again, yes. It might also mean that a genuinely born-again believer has not understood what is theirs in Jesus Christ and how to walk rightly with God in daily fellowship with Him - like the carnal babes in Christ in the church at Corinth.

Not to offend, your view of being born again is lacking.

??? You don't know what my "view of being born again" is. How could you know if it's lacking or not?

Are you a Christian? Has His commandments been written in your heart? Are you born again?

I've been a child of God for fifty years now. You?

Sir I did not see an answer to the first question. Since there are no concerns of any struggles, then there is no need to course through scriptures to gain freedom.

I would rather focus my limited time for those who have a struggle that is hampering their progression in their walk with God and to learn what the Word of God says about victory over the power of sin in their life.

And I am not a sinner saved by grace, I am a saint.

@JayG wrote,

"Sir I did not see an answer to the first question. Since there are no concerns of any struggles, then there is no need to course through scriptures to gain freedom.

I would rather focus my limited time for those who have a struggle that is hampering their progression in their walk with God and to learn what the Word of God says about victory over the power of sin in their life.

And I am not a sinner saved by grace, I am a saint."

I'm always glad to see a fellow believer offering help to those struggling spiritually - so long as the help is actually biblical. Sometimes, in my experience, what spiritual help is offered puts the cart before the horse, pressing believers to godly action from the wrong motivation and power source.

A believer cannot properly act in obedience to God apart from a love for Him (1 Corinthians 13:1-3; Matthew 22:36-38), and apart from daily, often moment-by-moment, submission to Him (Romans 12:1; Romans 6:13-22; James 4:6-10; 1 Peter 5:6). Also, a person who walks in the flesh rather than in the Spirit is doomed to spiritual failure (Galatians 5:21; Romans 8:5-8; Galatians 6:7-8; Colossians 3:1-10, etc.).

The First and Great Commandment is not to exert faith, or go to church on Sunday, or give to the poor, but to love God with all of one's being. This is the ground out of which all obedience to God is supposed to grow. The apostle Paul actually taught that no matter what a Christian may say, or know, or do, if it's not coming out of a love for God, it's all spiritually useless! This indicates just how absolutely vital love - a deep, abiding, life-ordering desire - is to walking with God.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NASB)
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

As well, any who would live godly in Christ Jesus cannot do so apart from being constantly submitted to God's will and way. To fail to be submitted to Him is to be in rebellion to Him. God won't fill rebels with all that He is.

Romans 6:12-14 (NASB)
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts,
13 and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

The believer who thinks to achieve a godly end in their life by human, fleshly means, by exertion of their own will, by their own ability to be determined and self-disciplined, by straining mightily in their own fleshly power to be obedient to God, understands nothing about what it is to actually walk with Him. Only by walking in the Spirit can a truly spiritual life develop (Galatians 5:25; Philippians 2:13; Ephesians 3;16; Romans 8:13; 2 Corinthians 3:18, etc.). To strive by an effort of the flesh to be godly is to assure corrupted "fruit" in one's life.

Galatians 6:7-8 (NASB)
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption...

And by the way, you are a sinner saved by grace AND a saint. These are not mutually-exclusive facts. See 1 John 1:8-10.

@JayG wrote,

"Sir I did not see an answer to the first question. Since there are no concerns of any struggles, then there is no need to course through scriptures to gain freedom.

And I am not a sinner saved by grace, I am a saint."

I'm always glad to see a fellow believer offering help to those struggling spiritually - so long as the help is actually biblical. Sometimes, in my experience, what spiritual help is offered puts the cart before the horse, pressing believers to godly action from the wrong motivation and power source.

A believer cannot properly act in obedience to God apart from a love for Him (1 Corinthians 13:1-3; Matthew 22:36-38), and apart from daily, often moment-by-moment, submission to Him (Romans 12:1; Romans 6:13-22; James 4:6-10; 1 Peter 5:6). Also, a person who walks in the flesh rather than in the Spirit is doomed to spiritual failure (Galatians 5:21; Romans 8:5-8; Galatians 6:7-8; Colossians 3:1-10, etc.).

The First and Great Commandment is not to exert faith, or go to church on Sunday, or give to the poor, but to love God with all of one's being. This is the ground out of which all obedience to God is supposed to grow. The apostle Paul actually taught that no matter what a Christian may say, or know, or do, if it's not coming out of a love for God, it's all spiritually useless! This indicates just how absolutely vital love - a deep, abiding, life-ordering desire - is to walking with God.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NASB)
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

As well, any who would live godly in Christ Jesus cannot do so apart from being constantly submitted to God's will and way. To fail to be submitted to Him is to be in rebellion to Him. God won't fill rebels with all that He is.

Romans 6:12-14 (NASB)
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts,
13 and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

The believer who thinks to achieve a godly end in their life by human, fleshly means, by exertion of their own will, by their own ability to be determined and self-disciplined, by straining mightily in their own fleshly power to be obedient to God, understands nothing about what it is to actually walk with Him. Only by walking in the Spirit can a truly spiritual life develop (Galatians 5:25; Philippians 2:13; Ephesians 3;16; Romans 8:13; 2 Corinthians 3:18, etc.). To strive by an effort of the flesh to be godly is to assure corrupted "fruit" in one's life.

Galatians 6:7-8 (NASB)
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption...

And by the way, you are a sinner saved by grace AND a saint. These are not mutually-exclusive facts. See 1 John 1:8-10.
Tenchi I agree with almost everything you just said. Howbeit, there is one important scripture that you failed to mention that causes a man to take stock and examine himself whether he and/or how much and in what manner he loves God.

Do you recall this scripture?

Tenchi I agree with almost everything you just said. Howbeit, there is one important scripture that you failed to mention that causes a man to take stock and examine himself whether he and/or how much and in what manner he loves God.

Do you recall this scripture?

I can recall many. Which one are you thinking of?

Back