Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Contraception is against human life

Conjugal union is physiologically a procreative act. In this act the couple surrender themselves to the other by physiologically uniting with the other through their reproductive organs. This procreative physiological union, which is only possible between a man and a woman, unites them in a common life, which is marriage. Their union becomes an act of love (which requires sacrifice) when their giving of themselves to the other is complete enough that they have their union open to receiving and raising children.
When this union occurs outside marriage, those involved are abusing each other’s bodies; because they are uniting their bodies without uniting their lives through marriage. Similarly, when a couple holds back their total giving to one another and to a potential child that might result from their marital act by using contraception, they go against the very purpose of the marital act. Furthermore, contraception means against conception (of a new human being). It is therefore, against human life. Use of contraception therefore makes marital union devoid of love. Furthermore, by divorcing sex from marital love and procreation contraception makes people promiscuous, lustful and selfish. These result in teenage pregnancies, divorce, fornication, incest, and adultery. These in turn result in broken homes, and children with psychological disorders, criminal behavior and immorality. <O:p</O:p

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I think the act of love between a husband and a wife is not solely for the purposes of procreation, but to allow them to enjoy one another in an intimate way that only they can (or should) share. The act of union between a man and his wife should be a "marriage" of the physical, emotional, and spiritual relationships they share, with each other and with God.

One can't be guilty of taking a life that never was. Unlike abortion, contraception prevents pregnancy, it does not end a life. I appreciate the OPs concern, but it doesn't hold water. Contraception is not a sin.

That really depends on the kind of contraception. If we are talking about condoms, then yes, there really is no argument, but if we are talking about the "morning after pill" then there is an argument as this is tantamount to a chemical version of abortion. There are other forms that range from both ends of this spectrum, and anything that is close to the morning after pill should be avoided.

That really depends on the kind of contraception. If we are talking about condoms, then yes, there really is no argument, but if we are talking about the "morning after pill" then there is an argument as this is tantamount to a chemical version of abortion. There are other forms that range from both ends of this spectrum, and anything that is close to the morning after pill should be avoided.

K: There are even those who would argue against using such devices that roll on as opposed to being abortifacient. But there is such a thing as Christian liberty, as Romans 14 teaches.

K: There are even those who would argue against using such devices that roll on as opposed to being abortifacient. But there is such a thing as Christian liberty, as Romans 14 teaches.

Granted, however, there are types that are life-threatening, both to the woman and the fetus.

Granted, however, there are types that are life-threatening, both to the woman and the fetus.

K: You did mention condoms, and while condom use would be regarded by Christians as some sort of abuse if it is to excuse fornication among the unmarried, yet some people even argue for supposedly religious reasons against their use sometimes by married couples.

K: You did mention condoms, and while condom use would be regarded by Christians as some sort of abuse if it is to excuse fornication among the unmarried, yet some people even argue for supposedly religious reasons against their use sometimes by married couples.

True, but I am not of those people. I am not condoning the use among un-marrieds, but I do not see a problem with married couples using them.

True, but I am not of those people. I am not condoning the use among un-marrieds, but I do not see a problem with married couples using them.

K: I'm wondering what the rationale against even married people using roll on devices, would be. In any case, Romans 14 as a general principle teaches Christian liberty.

K: I'm wondering what the rationale against even married people using roll on devices, would be. In any case, Romans 14 as a general principle teaches Christian liberty.

I think you would have to talk to a RCC for that answer.

K: Yes, well the fact is that they are not 100% effective anyway, so it could be argued that if it's God's sovereign will for conception to occur anyway it will.

f: Indeed. God will always find a way.

K: I think this can maybe be taken into account when it comes to the idea of possibly preventing conception by the use of something that is rolled on, as against something that already causes a fetus to abort (though even here there are some distinct issues, I guess).

That really depends on the kind of contraception. If we are talking about condoms, then yes, there really is no argument, but if we are talking about the "morning after pill" then there is an argument as this is tantamount to a chemical version of abortion.
It actually is abortion, either preventing the fertilized egg from attaching to the uteran wall or causing it to be rejected by the uteran wall if it is already attached. Therefore, it isn't contraception, it actually is abortion.

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 1 Corinthians 6:12

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. 1 Corinthians 10:23

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Romans 10:4

Apostle Paul makes it clear to all believers.

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:2

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all (over 600 laws). James 2:10

One must be very careful judging other believers. By doing this you fall into the law and reject Jesus. Your Salvation is in question!

Last edited by a moderator:
One must be very careful judging other believers. By doing this you fall into the law and reject Jesus. Your Salvation is in question!

I'm not sure I understand your comment. Once you accept Christ, judging others is a sin, but I don't see it as a rejection of Christ or a threat to salvation. Even saved, believing Christians continue to sin, since we are fallible. Can you help me understand?

I'm not sure I understand your comment. Once you accept Christ, judging others is a sin, but I don't see it as a rejection of Christ or a threat to salvation. Even saved, believing Christians continue to sin, since we are fallible. Can you help me understand?
Blessings,

God loves us! If the believer confess his sins to God, the believer stays in good fellowship with God. The blood of Jesus can then continue to cleanse all of our unrighteousness, sins and our iniquities. God has promise He has been merciful to all believers [Hebrews 8:12]. If you fail to believe you reject the gospel and fall out of grace with God. As I stated above in post #17 your salvation may be in question.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." Revelation 21:8

One can't be guilty of taking a life that never was. Unlike abortion, contraception prevents pregnancy, it does not end a life. I appreciate the OPs concern, but it doesn't hold water. Contraception is not a sin.

I don't think they are comparing contraception to abortion or anything else. This is the RCC stance on contraception except by abstance.

Back