Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Contraception is against human life

It actually is abortion, either preventing the fertilized egg from attaching to the uteran wall or causing it to be rejected by the uteran wall if it is already attached. Therefore, it isn't contraception, it actually is abortion.

Which is why the RCC is against any kind of birth control pills period. We have no idea how many births are stopped by just the regular birth control pills (not the morning after pill).

Blessings,

God loves us! If the believer confess his sins to God, the believer stays in good fellowship with God. The blood of Jesus can then continue to cleanse all of our unrighteousness, sins and our iniquities. God has promise He has been merciful to all believers [Hebrews 8:12]. If you fail to believe you reject the gospel and fall out of grace with God. As I stated above in post #17 your salvation may be in question.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." Revelation 21:8

So if you sin ( say cuss out your neighbor maybe you even get in a fist fight) and on your way home across the street you get hit by a bus (before you have changed your mind and asked God to forgive you)
and you die you will go to hell??

Am I understanding you correctly??

So if you sin ( say cuss out your neighbor maybe you even get in a fist fight) and on your way home across the street you get hit by a bus (before you have changed your mind and asked God to forgive you)
and you die you will go to hell??

Am I understanding you correctly??
Only unbelievers will go to hell. We should keep falling out of grace with God and hell seperate.

If you fall from grace and die, you will be judge by the law and thus will go to hell.

I think that the eternal security of the believer is clear from the end of Romans chapter 8, and other passages.

(This has little to do with the working of contraception, condoms, or whatever, though.)

I think that the eternal security of the believer is clear from the end of Romans chapter 8, and other passages.

(This has little to do with the working of contraception, condoms, or whatever, though.)

Yep, sorry all, way....off topic

If you fall from grace and die, you will be judge by the law and thus will go to hell.

Falling from grace means no blessings. When you don't repent and give thanks all things will be separated from you. Your salvation is still secured.

Which is why the RCC is against any kind of birth control pills period. We have no idea how many births are stopped by just the regular birth control pills (not the morning after pill).
None. For a birth to occur, the woman has to produce an ovum, and that has to be fertilized. Ovulation, not fertilization, is stopped by the contraception. Therefore there is no egg to be fertilized.

None. For a birth to occur, the woman has to produce an ovum, and that has to be fertilized. Ovulation, not fertilization, is stopped by the contraception. Therefore there is no egg to be fertilized.

That's what they are suppose to do...however, my own very close friend who is a VERY organized, systematic person got pregnant while taking the pill and it is not as uncommon as you would think. I personally know 2 such woman and 1 woman it happened twice. Something with her bodies hormones and the added hormones is what her doc told her. That is only the times we know of ovulation occuring this doesn't take into the fact that the vaginal wall can be where it doesn't not allow the egg to attach and the egg is expelled.
Unless the pro-life people are lying about this last part??? What do you think??

If everyone saved themselves for marriage, the number of unplanned pregnancies would drop, STD's wouldn't be so prevalent and we wouldn't need contraception. But were not in that world were in this one.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

the zygote is just a cell in which there is no living soul when is not fertilized

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
If everyone saved themselves for marriage, the number of unplanned pregnancies would drop, STD's wouldn't be so prevalent and we wouldn't need contraception. But were not in that world were in this one.
You're right about the unplanned pregnancies and the std's, but I disagree on

and we wouldn't need contraception
There's a number of valid reasons why even married couples would prevent a pregnancy or use condoms for health reasons. You can get infections that can be sexually transmitted even if you live strictly monogamous.
There's absolutely no moral reason to condemn contraception, or associate it with an immoral promiscuitive life style.

You're right about the unplanned pregnancies and the std's, but I disagree on

There's a number of valid reasons why even married couples would prevent a pregnancy or use condoms for health reasons. You can get infections that can be sexually transmitted even if you live strictly monogamous.
There's absolutely no moral reason to condemn contraception, or associate it with an immoral promiscuitive life style.

I am in complete agreement with you on this. I guess I was focusing on the 2 main reasons (as I see it) for using contraception.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

That's what they are suppose to do...however, my own very close friend who is a VERY organized, systematic person got pregnant while taking the pill and it is not as uncommon as you would think. I personally know 2 such woman and 1 woman it happened twice. Something with her bodies hormones and the added hormones is what her doc told her. That is only the times we know of ovulation occuring this doesn't take into the fact that the vaginal wall can be where it doesn't not allow the egg to attach and the egg is expelled.
Unless the pro-life people are lying about this last part??? What do you think??
There is nothing in the contraceptives on the market -- other than the "morning after" pill, which I don't consider to be a contraceptive by an extremely early-term abortion -- that prevents the fertilized egg from attaching to the uteran wall. They've studied them, and pretty much ruled that out as a possibility. All it is supposed to do is prevent ovulation, but if ovulation occurs, a woman can become pregnant if the ovum is fertilized.

Deborah:

I think it's the case that on average for every fertilized egg that implants in the wall of the uterus, there are several which though fertilized never become implanted, and are expelled in due course, as a natural process. It's hard to say that this means that several abortions thus take place; it would be an abuse of the term. (Did you mean uterine wall rather than vaginal wall? or maybe I missed something.)

While I'm not in favor of abortion, certainly, yet I find some of the discourse of some anti-abortion activists to be less than accurate.

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Did you mean uterine wall rather than vaginal wall? or maybe I missed something.)
Thank you for spelling that correctly for me! Sheesh, I thought I was going crazy, because my mind went blank on it, and Google and MS Word neither one would give me an alternative spelling. I feel so much better now! :lol

Thank you for spelling that correctly for me! Sheesh, I thought I was going crazy, because my mind went blank on it, and Google and MS Word neither one would give me an alternative spelling. I feel so much better now! :lol

YW, but I'm no expert; it just seems to me that some of the discourse of anti-abortion activists, however much I might agree with them at some level or other, contains inaccuracies which are sometimes glossed over in a wave of emotion.

Deborah:

I think it's the case that on average for every fertilized egg that implants in the wall of the uterus, there are several which though fertilized never become implanted, and are expelled in due course, as a natural process. It's hard to say that this means that several abortions thus take place; it would be an abuse of the term. (Did you mean uterine wall rather than vaginal wall? or maybe I missed something.)

While I'm not in favor of abortion, certainly, yet I find some of the discourse of some anti-abortion activists to be less that accurate.

Blessings.

You are correct, I did mean the wall of the uterus. Additional hormones add to the body disrupts the natural state of the body. They know that in some women that these additional hormones can be the cause of cancer in women. Verified by my doctors when I had cancer. I read on a pro-choice site, which I can't remember, that these additional hormones could weaken the wall of the uterus in some women.

I hate abortion but I also have a heart for the mothers. They can be distroyed by getting an abortion but frankly I know at least some believe they have no other reasonable choice. And more than that I am concerned for the welfare of the child after they are born until they are adults. They have no choice in what happens to them.

I remember when there were more babies born than families who wanted them and the older they got the less chance of them ever having a stable family life. Children ended up in homes (both private and public) where they were abused in horrible ways not all homes are good homes. We as Christians need to take responsibility for these innocents every way we can in not just seeing that they are actually born but that they are cared for and loved, that when someone says Christian to them they see Jesus.

That's all I will say on this subject it's just to upsetting for me. I do not have any direct experience with any of this subject but I see and hear.

Back