Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Creation by God, why dont scientist believe?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

reddogs

We see it everywhere in scripture...

Psalm 33:6 "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth."

The Bible is clear who the Creator is..

Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else."

We see the evidence of intelligent design, of Gods handiwork and His magnificent and marvelous creation, and yet scientist turn away from any manifestation showing Gods power or even His existence, to say nothing of what we see in His Creation around us. They deny the existence of God and for the most part reject the concept of a divine Creator. The main rationale for rejecting God is that a 'big bang' occurred on its own from nothing and eventually created all other matter and from that life on earth somehow naturally occurred.

What makes it so hard for scientist to look around them and see that all this could not have happened on its own, that the eye and its functions could not have been formulated from a chance assembly of matter, to say nothing of heart and mind. Why cant they believe..?

I don't think all scientists are unbelievers. The thing we keep forgetting is that scientifically, we are only looking from the end backwards and describing what we see through a human lens and not through God's eyes.

It's like a movie I watched yesterday. It was a comedy starring Martin Lawrence and Steve Zahn. In the movie, Martin Lawrence locks his keys in his car and while trying to reach through the partially open window, a police officer played by Steve Zahn approaches and of course is wanting to know what's going on. This movie plays on racial bias and Martin immediately gets defensive and accuses Steve of racial biased based on skin color. This escalate until Steve attempts to make an arrest and while trying to handcuff Martin, a large bumblebee starts buzzing around them. Martin is super allergic to bee stings and Steve takes out his night stick and begins trying to swat the bee. Martin falls down in fear of the bee and Steve is swinging his stick trying to hit it. In the mean time, a bystander begins filming what looks like a police brutality situation. Longer story short, Steve gets convicted of brutality and spends time in jail.

Sometimes what we see can be deceiving and I think in many ways scientific study can be like this, particularly when it comes to defining past events that occurred long before we even existed.

WIP has it pretty straight forward. Another angle is that with science the basis is methodological naturalism. So events or forces that can't be measured are not easily broken down to a theoretical framework.

So if we have an answer, "God did it", but no model to explain how. It will not function in a scientific manor.

"Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble."
– Albert Einstein

Psalm 33:6 "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth."

Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else."

We see the evidence of intelligent design, of Gods handiwork and His magnificent and marvelous creation, and yet scientist turn away from any manifestation showing Gods power or even His existence, to say nothing of what we see in His Creation around us. They deny the existence of God and for the most part reject the concept of a divine Creator. The main rationale for rejecting God is that a 'big bang' occurred on its own from nothing and eventually created all other matter and from that life on earth somehow naturally occurred.

What makes it so hard for scientist to look around them and see that all this could not have happened on its own, that the eye and its functions could not have been formulated from a chance assembly of matter, to say nothing of heart and mind. Why cant they believe..?
The scientific community is in general hostile to anything connected with God. When the Big Bang was introduced, the scientific community rose up against it as it looked too much like Genesis. For that reason they were opposed to it. I can give a good example. There was an archeology seminar and a Chinese expert was discussing his recent finds in China and they case doubt on Darwin's theory. I don't remember the details. He was astonished that no American colleagues were willing to discuss his findings. He was met with silence, a rather embarrassed silence. He asked a few of them at the break what was going on. "Well," one finally reluctantly started, "you see we do not question Darwin here." "ah," the Chinese scientist said, "in China we are allowed to question Darwin, just not the government. In the US one is allowed to question the government but not Darwin."

"Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble."
– Albert Einstein
Einstein has no influence on what is published and what is rejected.

WIP has it pretty straight forward. Another angle is that with science the basis is methodological naturalism. So events or forces that can't be measured are not easily broken down to a theoretical framework.

So if we have an answer, "God did it", but no model to explain how. It will not function in a scientific manor.
The problem is that if the evidence leads to an intelligence as the source, not random chance, then this is rejected. Science cannot say if there is a God. It cannot answer why there is life. It cannot answer why there is moral good or evil. The basic questions of life it cannot answer, because, as you rightly say, this cannot be measured nor broken down to a theoretical framework. But we make a mistake if we think those in science are not men and women out of the same moral material as the rest of us. I work in science and frankly speaking, the people the scientists trust the least are other scientists. They are about as trustworthy as used car salesmen, in my observation. I personally know scientists who stole the ideas another had and took all the credit. (Had to work fast though to get there first.)

Many scientists believe in God and creation. They are just willing to accept creation as He did it, while many creationists don't approve of it, God's way.

The scientific community is in general hostile to anything connected with God. When the Big Bang was introduced, the scientific community rose up against it as it looked too much like Genesis. For that reason they were opposed to it. I can give a good example. There was an archeology seminar and a Chinese expert was discussing his recent finds in China and they case doubt on Darwin's theory. I don't remember the details. He was astonished that no American colleagues were willing to discuss his findings. He was met with silence, a rather embarrassed silence. He asked a few of them at the break what was going on. "Well," one finally reluctantly started, "you see we do not question Darwin here." "ah," the Chinese scientist said, "in China we are allowed to question Darwin, just not the government. In the US one is allowed to question the government but not Darwin."
Have you seen the latest news of what they found with the James Webb telescope. It showed new galaxies, billions of light years away that instead of spawning from a 'Big Bang', are fully formed and mature, the scientist are surprised and astounded to say the least.....

Have you seen the latest news of what they found with the James Webb telescope. It showed new galaxies, billions of light years away that instead of spawning from a 'Big Bang', are fully formed and mature, the scientist are surprised and astounded to say the least.....
No, I have not kept up on these matters although I am not sure how this matters. The understanding that the universe had a beginning came from the reality that it all is moving away from a central point when it all started...like it says in Genesis.

But we do not give the answer "God did it" as you suggest. If you ask where matter came from in the Big Bang, what with atheists say? There is no answer that will function in a scientific manor.

They do not want to believe same as others do not want to believe. If there is a God, then there is a reckoning coming regarding my behavior towards others. That will be unpleasant so best nip this idea of a God in the bud.

Not that I can see. They seem pretty happy that the telescope has confirmed so many of their predictions.

The James Webb Space Telescope never disproved the Big Bang. Here's how that falsehood spread.​

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back