Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Daily Devotional Story: Lily's Recovery and Hope Through Faith

As I mentioned in my introductory post, I’ve embarked on a journey of writing short devotionals, with a focus on children and young adults. Today, I’m thrilled to share a sample of one of these devotionals with you. It’s my heartfelt aim to share the profound love and sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and to highlight the power and hope that faith can bring into our lives. If this story resonates with you and blesses your heart, your support would mean the world to me—whether through purchasing my work or spreading the word about it. Thank you deeply for your encouragement and for being a part of this meaningful journey! My first published devotional book: Eleanor's Steadfast Faith and Other Short Devotional Stories is available on Amazon through the following link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DCW3XTY...steadfast+faith+and+other+short,aps,91&sr=8-1

Here is a sample of a devotional story from my book that I would like to share. I’m so grateful to share this devotional with you today, and my hope is that it brings a touch of inspiration and encouragement to your heart. As you read, my prayer is that you feel the warmth of God's love and the strength of His promises in your life. May this devotional remind you of the incredible hope and peace that faith in Jesus Christ offers. If it touches you in any way, know that your support and feedback would mean so much to me. Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your faith journey.

Lily’s Recovery and Hope Through Faith:

In the small, quiet town of Willow Creek, ten-year-old Lily Anderson was known for her boundless energy and infectious laughter. Her days were filled with adventures in her backyard, playing with her friends, and dreaming of becoming a veterinarian someday. But Lily’s world was suddenly turned upside down when she was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer.

The diagnosis came as a crushing blow to her parents, Sarah and David Anderson. They were a close-knit family, and the news seemed almost too much to bear. Lily, with her bright eyes and hopeful spirit, had always been the heart of their family, and the thought of her suffering was almost unbearable.

Lily’s treatment began almost immediately. The days turned into weeks and then months of chemotherapy, hospital visits, and endless tests. The once vibrant and lively girl found herself confined to hospital rooms and facing a barrage of medical procedures. Despite the pain and fatigue, Lily tried to maintain a brave front, but the ordeal was taking its toll on her both physically and emotionally.

One evening, after a particularly difficult day of treatment, Lily lay in her hospital bed, staring out the window at the setting sun. Her mother, Sarah, sat beside her, holding her hand. The silence between them was heavy, filled with the unspoken fears and anxieties of the journey they were on.

As Sarah looked at her daughter, she noticed a small Bible on the bedside table—a gift from her own grandmother, which had been a source of comfort during challenging times. Sarah opened it and began to read aloud from the Book of Psalms, hoping the familiar words would offer some solace.

The passage she read was Psalm 34:18: “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” As Sarah’s voice filled the room, Lily’s eyes began to tear up. There was something about the words that seemed to touch a deep place within her.

“Mom,” Lily said softly, “do you think Jesus really knows what it’s like to be hurting?”

Sarah looked at her daughter with a mixture of sadness and hope. “Yes, sweetheart, I believe He does. Jesus experienced pain and suffering Himself. He understands what it’s like to go through tough times, and He promises to be with us, even when things are really hard.”

Lily’s curiosity was piqued. She had heard about Jesus in Sunday school but hadn’t given it much thought. Now, faced with her own suffering, she wanted to understand more. Sarah explained to her how Jesus had come to Earth, lived a life of love and compassion, and ultimately sacrificed Himself on the cross to offer forgiveness and hope to everyone.

Sarah told Lily about the resurrection, how Jesus had risen from the dead, promising eternal life and a future free from pain and suffering. “Jesus’ resurrection is a promise that, even when things are difficult now, there’s a hope for a future where there is no more pain. He is with us in our suffering and gives us the strength to face each day.”

Lily listened intently, absorbing the comforting words. She felt a flicker of hope, a glimmer of peace in the midst of her turmoil. “Mom, can I pray to Jesus for help?” she asked.

Sarah’s heart swelled with emotion. “Of course, honey. Jesus is always there to listen.”

That night, as Lily lay in bed, she closed her eyes and spoke a simple prayer. “Dear Jesus, I’m really scared and tired, but I want to believe that You’re with me. Please help me to be strong and give my mom and dad strength, too. I want to trust in Your love and hope.”

The act of praying brought Lily a sense of calm she hadn’t felt in a long time. It was as though the weight of her fears had been lifted, even if just a little. From that day on, Lily found comfort in her newfound faith. She began to read Bible stories with her mother, and Sarah often read passages about God’s promises and Jesus’ love. The stories became a source of encouragement and strength for Lily.

The treatment continued, and there were still many hard days ahead. But Lily faced them with a newfound resilience. Her faith gave her a sense of peace and hope that transcended her physical pain. She found comfort in believing that Jesus was with her, giving her the strength to endure and the courage to face the uncertainties of her illness.

As months passed, Lily’s health began to improve. The treatments were showing positive results, and her doctors were cautiously optimistic. Through it all, Lily’s faith remained a constant source of strength. She became an inspiration to her family and the community, showing incredible bravery and a deep sense of peace despite the challenges she faced.

One evening, as Lily’s treatment was winding down and she was allowed to go home for a while, she sat with her parents in their living room. The once bright and lively girl was now a bit subdued, but her spirit remained unbroken.

As they gathered for a family prayer, Lily took the lead. “Thank You, Jesus, for being with me through all of this,” she said. “Thank You for the hope and the love that got me through the hard times. I’m feeling better now, and I’m grateful for all the strength and comfort You gave me.”

Sarah and David listened, tears of gratitude streaming down their faces. They had witnessed their daughter’s incredible journey of faith and healing, and they were deeply moved by her courage and trust in Jesus.

Lily’s journey wasn’t just about her battle with cancer; it was also about discovering a profound and personal relationship with Jesus. Her faith had been a guiding light, offering hope and comfort in the darkest moments. It had transformed her experience of suffering into a testament of resilience and trust in God’s love.

As Lily continued her recovery, she remained a beacon of hope and faith to those around her. Her story of finding comfort in Jesus amid her battle with cancer inspired many, showing that even in the face of great adversity, faith can provide a powerful source of strength and hope.

That story was so inspirational and well written and touched my heart. One of my greatest charities is giving to St Jude cancer hospital and their giving of charity to families who can not afford to pay for their children's treatments and how they are housed and do not have to worry about anything, but to concentrate on their child. Such a worthy cause to give to them.

I pray your book will hit the market and sell many copies to help give others hope and encouragement through Christ Jesus. This is a talent that only God could give you from the heart and even though I can not help with the finances I pray you will be highly blessed sharing hope to all who need it and that God will help supply the fiances to have all you write to be published.

God bless you and your family :pray

That story was so inspirational and well written and touched my heart. One of my greatest charities is giving to St Jude cancer hospital and their giving of charity to families who can not afford to pay for their children's treatments and how they are housed and do not have to worry about anything, but to concentrate on their child. Such a worthy cause to give to them.

I pray your book will hit the market and sell many copies to help give others hope and encouragement through Christ Jesus. This is a talent that only God could give you from the heart and even though I can not help with the finances I pray you will be highly blessed sharing hope to all who need it and that God will help supply the fiances to have all you write to be published.

God bless you and your family :pray

Thank you so much.

Back