Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Days of Noah's flood

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Genesis 7:10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. 12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

Genesis 8:1-15 Noah, now being 601 years old in the first month being Abib/Nisan on the first day of the month the waters were dried up from the earth as Noah removed the covering of the ark and saw that the earth was dried. It was the 27th day of the second month of Abib/Nisan that Noah, his family and all the animals, fowls and creeping things left the ark.

We can actually know the very day that Noah and all the animals entered the ark and how many days they were on the ark from the time it began to rain up to the time they exited the ark by the above verses. Noah was 600 years old on the 17th day of the second month of Zif/Iyyar (April/May) using the Lunar Solar Calender Noah would have used. We know it rained for forty days and forty nights starting on the 17th of Zif/Iyyar (April/May) so this would bring them into the month of Sivan (May/June) on the 27th day when the rain stopped. A year from the 17th of Zif/Iyyar to the 27th of the first month of Abib/Nisan (March/April) they were on the ark for around 374 days before exiting.

Side note: By using the Lunar Solar Calendar that Noah used a year would be around 360 days unless a 13th month would have to be added in order to keep the lunar year aligned up with the solar year. Each month had 30 days unless it was a leap year then certain months had 29 days.

Genesis 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. 13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

The Hebrew word for earth is "erets" which means land, ground, earth. IMO I think the flood was regional as in the areas surrounding Turkey like that of present day Syria Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia where most everyone would have lived in Noah's time. All other nations would have been formed after the flood beginning with Noah's sons and the generations after them.

Mt. Ararat is located east of Turkey surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea, Caspian Sea and the Indian Ocean. Turkey is the original location of Eden where a river flowed out of it that formed four heads. The four heads are Pison that ran through the land of Havilah, Gihon that covered the land of Ethiopia, Hiddekel that went towards the east of of Assyria and the Euphrates. These rivers run through present day Syria, Iraq, Jordon and upper portion of Saudi Arabia.

Noah was born and died in Nakhchyvan east of Turkey about 153 miles from Mt Ararat. It's located between Armenia and close to the boarder of Iran. We know that God placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and after they were taken out of the garden they would have stayed close to that region of Eden, which is present day Turkey. Being that Seth is Noah's 8x Great Grandfather and buried east of Eden in the Cave of Treasures and Noah living and died and buried in Nakhchyvan this sets the region where the flood took place. The flood could have been global. but only affected those of that region.

Now for the different species of animals and fowls and creeping things God created we can read in Genesis 2:18-20 they were also regional to the same area as Adam gave names to all of them. These animals would have not crossed over and seas or oceans to come to Adam.

Genesis 2:18-20 God formed from the ground every beast of the field and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Genesis 7:10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. 12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

Genesis 8:1-15 Noah, now being 601 years old in the first month being Abib/Nisan on the first day of the month the waters were dried up from the earth as Noah removed the covering of the ark and saw that the earth was dried. It was the 27th day of the second month of Abib/Nisan that Noah, his family and all the animals, fowls and creeping things left the ark.

We can actually know the very day that Noah and all the animals entered the ark and how many days they were on the ark from the time it began to rain up to the time they exited the ark by the above verses. Noah was 600 years old on the 17th day of the second month of Zif/Iyyar (April/May) using the Lunar Solar Calender Noah would have used. We know it rained for forty days and forty nights starting on the 17th of Zif/Iyyar (April/May) so this would bring them into the month of Sivan (May/June) on the 27th day when the rain stopped. A year from the 17th of Zif/Iyyar to the 27th of the first month of Abib/Nisan (March/April) they were on the ark for around 374 days before exiting.

Side note: By using the Lunar Solar Calendar that Noah used a year would be around 360 days unless a 13th month would have to be added in order to keep the lunar year aligned up with the solar year. Each month had 30 days unless it was a leap year then certain months had 29 days.

Genesis 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. 13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

The Hebrew word for earth is "erets" which means land, ground, earth. IMO I think the flood was regional as in the areas surrounding Turkey like that of present day Syria Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia where most everyone would have lived in Noah's time. All other nations would have been formed after the flood beginning with Noah's sons and the generations after them.

Mt. Ararat is located east of Turkey surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea, Caspian Sea and the Indian Ocean. Turkey is the original location of Eden where a river flowed out of it that formed four heads. The four heads are Pison that ran through the land of Havilah, Gihon that covered the land of Ethiopia, Hiddekel that went towards the east of of Assyria and the Euphrates. These rivers run through present day Syria, Iraq, Jordon and upper portion of Saudi Arabia.

Noah was born and died in Nakhchyvan east of Turkey about 153 miles from Mt Ararat. It's located between Armenia and close to the boarder of Iran. We know that God placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and after they were taken out of the garden they would have stayed close to that region of Eden, which is present day Turkey. Being that Seth is Noah's 8x Great Grandfather and buried east of Eden in the Cave of Treasures and Noah living and died and buried in Nakhchyvan this sets the region where the flood took place. The flood could have been global. but only affected those of that region.

Now for the different species of animals and fowls and creeping things God created we can read in Genesis 2:18-20 they were also regional to the same area as Adam gave names to all of them. These animals would have not crossed over and seas or oceans to come to Adam.

Genesis 2:18-20 God formed from the ground every beast of the field and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Hello for_his_glory, Interesting

IMO I think the flood was regional as in the areas surrounding Turkey l
Did God really say ? " I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. "

Why did God rell Noah to make such a large vessel some 450 feet long?
When one thinks of the journeys made in the O T, people walked long distances, so why did God tell Noah to walk beyond the horizon and 3scape the flood?
But the biggest problem for all scripture disbelievers is that Jesus regarded Noah and his global flood as true history.
Jesus never sinned, he never told a lie.

Secondary is all the geographical evidence for a catastrophic global flood.

The problems of there was no global flood are so great that occasionally razor is the flood story is true.

Did God really say ? " I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. "

Why did God rell Noah to make such a large vessel some 450 feet long?
Genesis 6-7 teaches us everything we need to know about the flood God brought upon the earth and the measurements of the ark and the rooms within it to house Noah's family, animals and provision for all.

Genesis 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

The vessel was designed large enough to equip the provisions for the needs of Noah and his family and all the animals brought into it. Noah would have brought all his house hold items like clothes, food, tools, etc. etc. that the family owned plus all the different types of feed for all the different animals.

My husband and I had the opportunity to go to Kentucky and went to the Ark Encounter.

Genesis 6-7 teaches us everything we need to know about the flood God brought upon the earth and the measurements of the ark and the rooms within it to house Noah's family, animals and provision for all.

Genesis 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

The vessel was designed large enough to equip the provisions for the needs of Noah and his family and all the animals brought into it. Noah would have brought all his house hold items like clothes, food, tools, etc. etc. that the family owned plus all the different types of feed for all the different animals.

My husband and I had the opportunity to go to Kentucky and went to the Ark Encounter.
IMO I think the flood was regional as in the areas surrounding Turkey like that of present day Syria Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia

You've been to aig's ark yet still believe the unbiblical nonsense that the flood was local.

Did God really say.....

Back